Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever dreamed about video games?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Have you ever dreamed about video games?

Well, one time I had a dream where we just moved into a new house...we went up the attic...BAM! About 20 bookshelves full of video games, a leather couch, and a huge big screen....Thats when I woke up.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

even though everyone dreams, it is a psychological fact that some people cannot remember their dreams, and i happen to be one of them....i might remember 1 or 2 dreams a year, but thats about it, so no, i dont "remember" dreaming about video games
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

somebody already asked this about a month or 2 ago. Ill find the other thread later...unless somebody else wants to do it
    Midwest

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

YoHo!!!

I dream about videogames every now and then. Just recently I had a dream that I was in a used game/music store somewhere in the Twin Cities with my girlfriend and found really, REALLY awesome stuff. Like a top-loading NES for $10, a version 2 SNES with some sort of development unit attached for $10, and a copy of Mario Paint for GBA for FREE with any purchase! I was given permission by my girlfriend to buy anything I wanted... THAT alerted me to the fact that I was dreaming, woke up, then got pretty pissed off that it was only a dream.

Though I have had BAD ones before too. Usually something like my Basement of Doom or whatever had been trashed and everything was stolen.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't remember my dreams either. I always feel like I'm there in my dream, and am sometimes very surprised when I wake up, I almost thought I was living the dream, yet, I can never usually remember all of it, maybe bits and peices every once in a while. I'm sure I've dreamt about games before, but most of the time what I can remember from my dreams are very warped and strange situations that never make any sense. Just weird stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a dream were I was being strangled by a n64 controller . I figured out it meant that my room was too mesy as I just tripped earlier on my controller before going to bed. But as far as I remember thats all I've drept about.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Radical Dude Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dream about games a lot. The other night I dreamt I was in a mall. I came across a cd store but for some reason they had racks of NES games 5 for $1, with weird titles and labels. Some of the carts were neon green and yellow as well. I searched through everything and grabbed as many games as I could before the alarm woke me up D:<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't recall having any console dreams but I have dreamt about arcade games when I was younger. It always bugged me because as I played the game it would change. Various gameplay aspects would be completely altered. In one dream Pac Man wouldn't eat anything or stay within the maze. He was all over the place.

Actually I did have one console based dream. It was about finding games in the wild.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in recent years, i've had dreams where i was IN video games. Most notably, vice city and toejam&earl.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dream sometimes about being in video games or having things that don't even exist.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha, at least once a week. Here is what I posted in the first thread:

"the last game dream I had was about a week ago and here is how it went. I was at school and then everyone was dancing and I went outside and layed down and someone almost hit me with a car so I went back insaide and my friend said "i heard you skipped to go to goodwill" and i said"no!" then I ran out of school and got to good will and saw a bunch of genesis snes and nes games. A lot of the games for nes were sealed. I kept asking the lady to let me see all off the games but she jsut ignored me. She finnaly put the sega ones in a bag but I woke up before I got the sealed ones. I have dreams anout video games and skateboarding all the time.

I recently had one where I went to goodwill and my friend didnt see any games but then I looked behind the counder and there were at leat 200 genesis games with boxes. The lady said I could have them for freee as long as I took them all. So I called my friend and he picked me up but he said we needed to go to his house to get a bag for them tho he drove his car to the goodwill. So we went to his house but then he wanted to not go back. So we just stayed at his house and I was mad at him."

Then let me think of ones I have had lately that I can remember...
    Ok about 2 weeks ago I had one where I went to a thrift store with my rother and parents and a lady was working there. She said they video games were over there. On the rack was tons of atair stuff, boxed systems, games, and tons of controlers. I think the systems were like 50 bucks though. Then I found a pile of nes games, she said 4 bucks each, nothing good though. SO then I turn a corner and there is a stack of sealed nes games and I take a few out and then my brother reaches over and grabs bubble bobble 2 sealed. And Im like "what the hell? I was looking through that stack!" Then he takes it and I dont remember anything else from that dream.

I know I have had many other video game dreams but just cant remember them...oh well. I have dreams about games, skateboarding, and tornados. Once in a while sex but not usually.
    Midwest

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cracked8ball
    I dream about games a lot. The other night I dreamt I was in a mall. I came across a cd store but for some reason they had racks of NES games 5 for $1, with weird titles and labels. Some of the carts were neon green and yellow as well. I searched through everything and grabbed as many games as I could before the alarm woke me up D:<

I had a very similar dream. Though I was in some back-woods Ma and Pa store and they had a ton of strange N64 games. They too were in strange color variations (pink, blue/red and CLEAR). Damn alarm. Always crampin' my style.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

I dreamed about my Intellivision working and me getting back the gamez my friends had for yearz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an extremely vivid memory for dreams, which explains why my text file full of them is roughly 44 KB. Anyway, here's an eerie one:

I found this arcade with some of these cool new Gauntlet arcade games. They featured an outdoor environment, with richly detailed background textures, and a special realm with a theme for each character. I specifically remember the elf's realm being a forest. There was also a powerup available that would allow the player to shoot out a wide angle spread of projectiles. This worked quite well with the elf's arrows. The strange thing about this game was the similarity it bore to Gauntlet Legends. The stranger thing, though, was that this dream took place several years before Gauntlet Legends' release.
    Freaked me out, too. Heh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have dreamed about games a few times. I will be playing a game so much, that when I go to bed I'll dream that I'm still playing it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1-2 times a week I have video game dreams. Usually about finding stuff that most of the time doesnt exist. Sometimes my collection is being ruined. All different stuff but its almost always a video game dream for me.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most famous video game dream people mostly talk about is playing Tetris. I dreamt I was playing Tetris once, but it wasn't all that much fun.

I had two dreams where I was playing Space Invaders, and it was great. The best videogame dream I ever had was playing Twin Cobra!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had one while at CGE in San Jose

I was playing Millitary Madness. The computer beat me very quickly. I went to the training mode of the game and I found some hints. But then I would continue to play the training mode over and over again. I never went back to the original game.
    In the next part of the dream, the arcade at the CGE had Tetris so my sister could play it plus a Neo Geo MVS with all the Metal Slug games on it.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Video Game dreams consist of owning about 6 arcade cabinets in my house..and to finally meet the people who became my friends over many game forums...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can honestly say 90% of my dreams are about video games. One time I found a quadrun... I woke up and the bed was wet.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text