Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Default Fed up with bad shipping....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Why is it people think it's safe to mail card board nintendo boxes in envelopes? This is the second time I've bought a boxed NES game, and the second time a seller's shipped it badly. I don't possibly know what I expect the seller to do, but I'm disapointed and so I emailed him. Maybe he won't screw over his next customer.

Now here's hoping he doesn't neg my paren't ebay account. >.>

Hey I just recieved Ultima in the mail today and I have to say I'm kinda disapointed by your shipping. In your auction you state:

"ALL GAMES ARE SECURELY PACKAGED IN BUBBLE WRAP WHEN SHIPPED."

However when I recieved the game it came in a plain white envelope with no bubble protection. Normally I wouldn't care but I bought the game specifically for it's card board box which is now slightly crushed.

You also charged me $3.50 for shipping when it cost you $1.50 in stamps to mail it. If you had spent the extra $2 I payed you on shipping we could have avoided this problem.

I have reserved feedback until we can resolve this problem.

Thank you-
    Alex

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

most people just don't know...to them it's just a piece of junk laying around. as long as it gets there intact, that's "good enough"...

kinda reminds me of a copy of darkstalkers 3 i bought for the PS1 - the seller mailed it wrapped in paper, and it was FAR from mint...the back looked like it had been used to hone knives on, and the insert had had coke spilled on it. the jewel case was damaged, but to me that's no big deal as long as the contents aren't harmed, since they're easy to replace.

i left him a neutral explaining the discrepancy between MINT and FAIR condition (and fair was pushing it on this one), and i was left a negative and called an "anal retentive buyer...BEWARE!" some people just don't get it. as long as it works when ou get it, anything else makes you some kind of nitpicky freak.
    great people to do business with - D-Lite, max330mega, The Collector, Jimmy Yakapucci

neo-geo.com - vwlunatic, BIG BEAR, neogeofl, pixeljunkie, japangamesnow.com, OmegaSaber

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Re: Fed up with bad shipping....

That's not a great photo or description. Is there any possibility that the box was kind of crushed to begin with? Not that it would make a difference, but the shipping isn't necessarily to blame.

And take into consideration that shipping cost is NOT just the postage. I would never, NEVER charge the exact postage amount as shipping. Boxes, envelopes, packing materials, the cost just to get to the post office, etc. all add up. Of course, a plain white envelope shouldn't cost 2 bucks (a padded one shouldn't cost more than 1.50). I personally try to hang onto boxes, bubble wrap, and peanuts when I buy stuff so I already have the materials when I sell stuff. Even if someone has absolutely nothing and the shipping charges wouldn't cover the price to go buy a roll of bubble wrap or something, you can always improvise. I once had to fill a bunch of empty space in a box, but I had no peanuts and barely any bubble wrap left. I did have just about a million plastic grocery bags, though, so I loaded it up. I was amazed at how well it worked. It was very well-padded, and the item (a heavy guitar pedal wrapped in a bunch of bubble wrap) didn't move an inch inside of the box.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Yeah I know shipping is more then the cost of stamps but we're talking bare minimum effort here. I really wouldn't be surprised if the guy slaped the package into his mailbox with the little red flag up to save himself some gas money. :P

And I'm sure that's a stock or stolen photo, but the shipping couldn't have possibly helped the condition of the item. Actually the box looks really good except for the crushing it certainly could have arrived in better shape then it did, which again, is what I paid for.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I will say for sure that I bet your Ultima looks A LOT better than my box does, lol. Mine is all ripped at the top and falling apart at the bottom, plus it has no instructions....sigh. I usually ship my boxes in just a plain envelope with bubble padding, that's it. Never had a complaint so far, and since I ship pretty much all my boxes crushed down I don't think it would ever cause a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ask for a refund of the shipping difference. Is the seller refuses, then wait 89 days and neg his @$$.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last 2 complete NES games I have recieved in envelopes with no protection Both arrived safely thankfully , but seriously though .....

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had lots of problems with idiot shippers. I've even had people ship consoles and dedicated pong units by slapping a label directly on the box and shipping it bare. Obviously, by the time it reaches me the box is ruined.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Fed up with bad shipping....

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    "ALL GAMES ARE SECURELY PACKAGED IN BUBBLE WRAP WHEN SHIPPED."

However when I recieved the game it came in a plain white envelope with no bubble protection. Normally I wouldn't care but I bought the game specifically for it's card board box which is now slightly crushed

I'd demand a full refund (If you used paypal, charge it back). If the seller refuses, leave a negative:

--- Auction states game "wrapped in bubble". Was NOT. Game crushed. Avoid this seller.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how do I put a link in my post?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just type the link: