Thread: WWF wrestle fest PCB help

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WWF wrestle fest PCB help

Hi everyone, I recently won this cabinet from ebay. Its a SF2 machine that is housing a CPS2 unit. The machine works great. Every JAMMA board that I have plugged into the machine works great with the exception of this WWF board. The board itsself works and boots, however I cant get the 2nd button to work. The joystick, start buttons, and the punch button work great however the 2nd button which is the kick button will not work. As far as I know, a SF2 cabinet has the top 3 (punch) buttons wired directly into the Jamma harness. The bottom 3 (kick) buttons are the ones that are wired to the kick harness. The punch buttons should act as buttons 1-3 on the WWF board. I already checked the board pin out and it is standard Jamma and they should be working. Does any one have this board and tell me if there is anything I have overlooked? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm... that is odd... I don't have a Wrestlefest PCB, but almost all the others that I have use the regular JAMMA connector for 2 buttons or less... that is a 4 player board, so there should be 2 more connectors for the players 3 and 4, but not a separate connector for kick. According to the manual ( http://www.arcadedocs.com/vidmanuals/W/wrestlefest.pdf ) it uses the standard pinout. Is it just one player that kick doesn't work for, or is it both (or all?) players? If it's just one of the players, it's possible that there's a bad TTL chip, component on the way to the TTL, or broken trace... is there any obvious damage on the PCB?

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes it is a 4 player board but there is a dipswitch that converts it to a 2 player board. The kick or button 2 doesnt work for either player 1 or player 2. My cabinet is only 2 player so I havent been able to test out the 3rd or 4th player controls yet. Aside from the board being dusty, there is no noticeable damage to the board or the Jamma edge connector. The top 3 buttons on my cab (punch ones) should be working as buttons 1-3 right? Oh and what exactly is a TTL chip?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Based on what I can see in the manual and without having a schematic for it, I would say there is a problem with one of the chips that handles inputs. If the second button works on all the other JAMMA games, it is probably a bad boardset. If you have a multimeter I'll help you trace it out but you would probably spend less time and energy just getting another board since that one is fairly common.

On that note, I have one untested one available for $30+shipping. If I hook it up and check it and it works 100% it is $40+shipping. Drop me a PM if interested. Also check the marketplace on occasion since I will soon be posting about 100 JAMMA boards since a deal fell through on them.
    Alan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well The person that I bought it from did say that the PCB was untested. Anyways, I already have another board on the way. Thanks for the offer though, I really appreciate it. BTW would you care to list all of the PCB's you have for sale? I might be interested in some. Send me a PM if you dont want to list them here. Thanks!