Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default Question about Feedback

This is'nt about EBay, but about Amazon, where I sell 99 percent of my items. However, it could be transfered to EBay very easily.

I recently put some more games up for sale there. I get most of my game buying money from selling used or finished games on Amazon, so it's important I maintain good feedback. On average, I sell about a dozen items on there a month, bringing in somewhere from one to two hundred dollars. My feedback has been 4.8 out of 5, with only a few bad marks, as all long time sellers eventuly get.

Last week I left on vacation, and between being gone and being busy about a week passed where I did'nt check my e-mail. Also, my primary public account (Hotmail) which I had linked to my Amazon account got a lot of spam by someone, so I'm sure I lost some junk mail.

When I got back yesterday morning I checked my Amazon account and found a bad feedback left a week ago by someone saying I sent the wrong item. It seems a misunderstanding developed over a copy of System Shock that I sold recently to her.

Amazon does'nt have a listing for System Shock, and I was'nt happy with the low selling rates for it on EBay. But Amazon DOES list System Shock 2. Checking it, I saw that several people were selling Sytem Shocks there and clearly had it stated in the title that it was the ORIGINAL game, NOT System Shock 2. So I did the same thing. I printed something in the title like "Original System Shock -- jewel case version -- NOT Sytem Shock 2". Clear enough, right?

Seems someone clicked on the lowest price without doing any reading. And after the fees and shipping were done I made almost $30 on that sale also. Figures.

Well, the buyer is the only one who can change feedback, and this bad mark has brought me down to 4.4, so I'm eager to get this changed. I sent a e-mail right away, apoligizing for the delay and for the problem, and offered her a choice of two solutions -- a full refund (I'd even do it now) and she can send the game back, or I could take the average price of System Shock and refund the difference, and she can keep the game.

It's been almost two days and no response. It's possible she's busy, or just wants to spite me for the fact a week passed between the bad mark and my e-mail. She did say in the bad feedback she sent three e-mails. But due to someone spamming my Hotmail account I never got anything. (I've since switched my primary e-mail account to Yahoo, a private one, so this won't happen again.)

How long should I wait before sending a second e-mail? Are my solutions to solve the problem fair enough? I don't feel I should offer anything since I DID state what game it was, but I would like to get this resolved.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd wait a couple more days for a response, what with many people having a three-day weekend and all right about nowish.

I wouldn't be one of those people, though, he said from his desk at work. :P