Thread: Game not in rarity guide?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game not in rarity guide?

Years back.. when the Genesis was still going strong; I remember renting a game for it from my local appliance/furniture/video & VHS rental store. It was called "Baby's Day Out"; taken from the movie of the same name. It was a silly game.. but I loved the movie and had fun with it. For 4 years now.. I have had a constant search/notify going on eBay for this game.. but never ran across it. It's not listed in the online rarity guide at all. I know I'm not making this up or imagining it because a couple years back I found the ROM for it. It was a REAL game for the Genesis and I rented it. I've since even found a couple of reviews on the game on the net and they said it sucked.. but I want it. Anyone know why it's not on the list, and are there any Genesis collectors out there who could help me find it? Thanks guys for your time & attention.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Definitely a real game. Whether it was released or not... not sure. I've recently been in contact with Bill Bogenreif, who worked on many projects for Atarisoft and is now head of Designer Software. One of his staff was Jimmy Huey, and he mentioned Jim worked on a project for High Tech Entertainment at some point...

"Speaking of Jimmy Huey, he worked on a project at Designer Software with others who I would also have to look up called Jurassic Park Print Kit for High Tech Entertainment in New York. High Tech went bankrupt and never released that product (as well as Baby's Day Out for Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Gamegear, and Sega Genesis and others) but I think that one and a couple of others were leaked out from some company."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

The game DEFINITELY exists, but it was not released in the US. Many of you may recall the witch hunt that I went on a few years ago (which really began when I started working on completing my Genesis collection) where several games that were on other collector lists were put under the microscope as we hunted down the souces of the pictures and/or rumors of existence. That hunt killed off several games that were previously believed to have been released on Genesis. Games like Itchy & Scratchy, Barbie Vacation Adventure, FIFA '98, and yes, even Baby Boomer.

These games ALL have ROMS but I've got ROMS and betas for lots of games that were never released, from Atari 2600 right up through Dreamcast.

Until someone can step forward with the actual released game, it doesn't exist. Having memories of seeing it aren't good enough! We've been doing this a long time and have gone through all of our resources to "unconfirm" these titles - do your best to prove us wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Games like Itchy & Scratchy, Barbie Vacation Adventure, FIFA '98, and yes, even Baby Boomer.
    Of those, FIFA '98 had a PAL release, but that's the only one. I suppose it's concievable that TecToy sneaked some of the others out in Brazil like they did with other games canned in the US like Nightmare Circus, but I've never heard of or seen any.
    It's certainly a puzzler...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

These should be in the Rumor Mill, shouldn't they Joe? I've just had a look and there's only Barbie Vacation Adventure, Beanball Baby, Hollo Fighter and the other two Blockbuster carts there at the mo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK.. thanks for the info Joe; but I am positive I rented this title years ago.. way before I got my hands on the rom (It's the only way I could have heard about it. It was WAY before I even knew what an "emulator" even was.). The "store" I used to rent from way back then is LONG gone (Actually.. they just gave up the "rental" aspect of their business.. they're still one of the biggest appliance/furniture stores in town.). I even nabbed a few games off them when they did close out their rentals. Wish I'd have grabbed this. As far as it being a foreign, bootleg or "one-of-a-kind" cart; I doubt the owners had access to that kind of stuff. I'll keep searching.. there's got to be one out there somewhere.
    My DP feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mayhem; if you could.. could you ask your friend for more details? The ONLY version I ever saw/rented was for the Genesis.. and I WANT trhis game! I CERTAINLY don't have a complete Genesis collection (not my thing); but I nowdays buy games I remember from my "videogame childhood" (Was 35 at the time of the Genesis; but I'm trying to collect the games I played and liked. I'm 47.). Thanks.
    My DP feedback

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also remember Baby's Day Out back in the day for rent at Blockbuster here in Jersey.
    Systems owned: 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar w/CD, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, N64 w/DrV64, Gamecube, GB, GBA SP, Game.com, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Turbo Grafx 16, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis w/32X and CD, JVC X'Eye, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii.