Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
I didn't say water isn't a good conductor. I said it's ridiculous to claim that "incidental saliva" is the reason why blowing on a cart works (when, in fact, it often DOESN'T work). That twists good science (water as conductor) into non-science (anecdotal "evidence").

-- Z.
I've had and used Nes systems for the better part of 20 years. Been through hundreds of systems and games. I can take a cart that just causes blinking, try 10-20 times to get it to work . Blow on it really hard 1 time and it works.

And thousands of people have had the same results.

I think you have to look into the chance that it might be more than anecdotal "evidence"

And I don't believe in the saliva theory, that's why I've looked into it farther and found out it "could" be the condensation caused from the warm air. (Like the condensation caused when you blow warm air on a window)

But it could just be "coincidence" . Hundreds of thousands of people could just be getting lucky when blowing on their carts and it would have worked properly if they had just tried "one more time"