Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Wonderswan Color owners out there?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Default Any Wonderswan Color owners out there?

I recently ordered this:
    http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wsc/ws_bundle.htm
    And I must say, wow. I was a bit unsure about the site at first because it doesn't look very "professional", but the staff is very nice and helpful. Their site lists EMS as the only shipping option, but I asked by email if there was a cheaper shipping rate, and they sent it to me airmail for $7 less (Which I used to get a Famicom Sound Museum random CD).

As for the system... I already had a black and white swan and was looking to upgrade. The system came new, sealed in the box, with Clock Tower (B+W) and a One Piece Swan Colleseum (color) (I had originally requested two games from the list but there was a $10 charge that I didn't want to pay ). This is a real step up from the black and white one--the system has lots of color, I think possibly more than a Neo Geo Pocket, and it has lots of buttons to mess with. The games are fun too, but I still enjoy Gunpey and Makaimura (Which I owned before) more.

If you have ~$50 lying around (That's with shipping), you need to buy a Wonderswan Color. You'll be happy with it.

Oh, and are there any games you'd recommend me to get for it?
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah,i got wonderswan color.i got mine used,with 3 games.golden axe,digimon battle sprit,and a black and white digimon game thats really cool,and you fight str/rpg style.i got all of that for $70.00,and it all came complete.i even got an adapter thing where i can link a digimon virtual pet thing to the wonderswan color.never tried that.i always wanted to get ghost and goblins and klonoa for it.i think it is a cool little system,i just wish i had some more games for it.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What is the difference between the wonderswan
    and the wonderswan crystal?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Quote Originally Posted by T
    What is the difference between the wonderswan
    and the wonderswan crystal?
    Crystal has a different type of screen, but I'm not sure how different it is.

Oh, and I just realized something: The B+W Wonderswan is smaller than the color one, and B+W games are played stretched a little on the color screen.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a Wonderswan crystal with 2 color and 2 b/w games. I have been trying to get Front Mission and Wizardry for it for awhile. Good little system.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recently on a trip to Hong Kong I picked up some wonderswans. The first wonderswan I purchased was a SwanCrystal, this I purchased used with Final Fantasy (the first one) for $180 (HKD). The second WonderSwan I got was the special edition Wonderswan Color that came packaged with FInal Fantasy II, this bundle cost me $220 (HKD). As there are about 7.5 HKD to USD that means these systems cost me about $24, and $29.33 respectively. Both systems are wonderful, great battery life and wonderful screens. Some games utilize horizontal controls (e.g. Gunpey). The Wonderswan Color has about a 2.8" FTSN LCD screen and the Swan Crystal has a TFT color screen which is slightly smaller than the other color's screen. The crystal's screen is clearer and less blurry, I think it would be roughly equivilent though slightly better than the non-SP GBA.

As far as games go, there are lots of non-japanese speaker friendly games, the afformentioned ghosts n' goblins, as well as Golden Ax, Gunpey and my favourite, Rockman WS. All wonderwan games will work on the crystal, and I beleive the same is true for the Color. In my experience the later model crystal games have both WonderSwan Crystal and Color marked on the box, but there may be games that lack this compatibility. My experience was that they typically cost $80-200 HKD per game (though some fell outside this range). I also love the fact that the games come with cases for storage much like the Game Gear or older Game Boys, I wish the GBA's games had cases, they are simply un-stackable.

This is an awesome handheld, it's tiny, it's fun, and it a conversation peice. The one negative is that the D-pad kinda sucks. I would highly recomend others to import their own. In my experience I see them sell on online retailers or ebay for between $50-70 USD, even at that price they are worth it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Hey, PhoeniX, I take it you have Rockman WS--is it worth paying US $30 for a new copy?
    Egbert, I miss you...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rockman WS is much like the Classic 2d side-scrolling aspect of Megaman Battle Network for the Nintendo Gamecube. It does not include the RPG like elements (that isometric view stuff) of that title or the GBA offerings. The most notable divergence from say the classic series' game play would be the weapon system which operates like the GameCube battle network, utilizing the top d-pad (or the y buttons), and the linear level/game structure. Some levels offer choices, for instance you can take a latter up or down thus taking a slightly different root, but this choice is rather piecemeal. I am a huge fan of megaman, so buying this was less an option for me, but I have to say I have not been disappointed. Also, the fact it's linear and has conveinent save points means that (due to it haveing battery backup) you can save and continue your game at any time. This save ability I find very helpful as I can play in 10-15 minute increments durring which I may or may not advance levels but generally feel quite satisfied with the experiance. One caviat, due to the japanese that (aparent) plot of this game eludes me, it generally does not affect the game, but it leaves me guessing as to what weapon i have selected and stuff like that, also the menu structure will have to be learned (not something that is very hard). Finally, The boss battles tend to be IMO a bit harder than most megamans, winning them seems less to do with learning the patern of a given boss and more about just not screwing up, this boss difficulty is mitigated by the fact that I can't read all the (what I am sure are) helpful advice that comes up in diolouge boxes throughout the game which I cannot read.

All said, if you are a megaman fan BUY IT! if you are a big fan of the game play in the Game Cube Battle network BUY IT! and finally, if you just want an action platformer that is a good and safe bet for the Wonderswan BUY IT!

Keep in mind there are two Rockman titles available for the WS, the one I speak of, Rockman WS and some other one. Generally Rockman WS seems much more easy to find in all the usual outlets (e.g. ebay). I beleive the other game whatever it's called came out after this title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ws

Yeah, I own one. You wanna make something of it?

I have two words for wonderswan owners, and I think it's ALMOST justification for buying the system.

CRAZY CLIMBER!

CRAZY CLIMBER!

CRAZY CLIMBER!

CRAZY CLIMBER!

I never got the chance to learn to play this unique title and the WS has the best possible control set for a handheld to play the game and play it in long format. It will play on all Wonderswans.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the MS-06S Zaku II Special Edition Wonder Swan Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone have a Wonder Borg?

http://www.miniarcade.com/bandai/wonderborg.htm

looks fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    anyone have a Wonder Borg?
    I do and I have that kid in my basement and I feed him occasionally.

It's sort of a school kid fun type of gameboy meets cooties thing.

There are tons of parts, easy to lose- enough to make you want to never take it out of the box again.

The real question is, does anyone have a Wonder Witch?!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I have the white Final Fantasy II one,pretty cool little system.Off the top of my head I forget what games I have have,but Space Invaders,FFII,Guilty Gear,and some Gundam game that makes no sense.I like Guilty Gear though, good fun.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I've actually been looking into getting Crazy Climber for a pretty long time now, but the only plce I could find it for sale was:
    http://www.videogamedeals.com/produc...oducts_id/1737
    And I don't want to pay $60 for a b+w Wonderswan game. Hell, I don't want to pay $60 for almost any game!

By the way, if anyone wants Clock Tower I'll trade it for a different WS game--I don't really like it.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bought a WonderBorg on ebay, Ill be able to provide more info on it soon

As for WonderWitch, one jerk is selling one on ebay for $400, I wouldnt pay more than PSP for that...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check out risingstuff.com

Tons of wonderswan stuff for great prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy ancient thread bump!

I have both a Wonder Witch and a Wonder Borg. I once had dreams of completing the set but there is so much licensed junk for the system, so I'll probably just stay put with what I got.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have two Swan Crystals, but nothing really to play on them yet. By the way, did they make AC adapters for them? All I can do is play with a battery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what in the hell are wonder borgs and wonder witches? what are they for?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wonder Witch is actually game development software. Wonder Borg is like ROB the Robot for the NES, except more like a remote control bug than anything else.

As for AC adapters, don't know about that, but I do know there's a rechargeable battery pack available.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com