Thread: Cards and the E-Reader for GBA

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cards and the E-Reader for GBA

I've just bought myself a nice shiney E-reader online and am now sitting in anticipation waiting for it's arrival. I started to look around for info on the cards, you know - how many are released, rarities and so on but I haven't really found anything useful or interesting. I was wondering if anybody here knows much about them. I really quite like the idea of collecting them but I have not a clue about them, mainly cos I'm from Brtain and it's not getting a release over here so no one talks about it ( we're all a bit ashamed and dissappointed in Ninty at the mo - why do they treat us with such indifference!??) *sniff* Thanks for your indulgence folks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going for a complete US e-card collection, and am very close.

The NES games aren't rare at all, though some are easier to find than others. Urban Champion being the hardest, but its there if you look.

The last few series of Pokemon TCG cards are e-reader compatable (well, some of them). There aren't any truly rare cards. Even though Nintedo claims some cards are rare, the are merely uncommon. There are a select few promo cards that are rare.

Super Mario Advance 4 has an e-reader set too. 2 pack ins, 2 series, and 5 rare walmart exclusive packins.

Pokemon trainer cards. Link up to the GBA games. Not rare. Different packins in both Ruby and Sapphire

Animal Crossing. Tons of cards. (over 500 I think) Series 1 has rare cards, 2-4 have common and uncommon.

Mario 3e series 3-4 are MIA
    Game and Watch e are MIA

There are other cards out there, but these are the big ones anyway.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where is the best place to buy them online? I only see the same few cards popping up on ebay (Air hockey, Donkey Kong etc). I didn't know there was quite as many cards as that! I though, maybe, around the 50 or 100 mark! This is going to be tougher than I thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini
    Where is the best place to buy them online? I only see the same few cards popping up on ebay (Air hockey, Donkey Kong etc). I didn't know there was quite as many cards as that! I though, maybe, around the 50 or 100 mark! This is going to be tougher than I thought
    ebay.

usually you can find people selling quite a decent lot of new packs for cheap.

otherwise, you can get them full price at nintendo.com

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I too am going for a complete e-Reader set. I love the mini-games that the Pokemon cards have on 'em. The card series themselves are not too rare (i.e. - the ones you can buy in packs) - at least, the ones that have the barcodes on them aren't. The promo cards can be somewhat rare - among the rarer ones are the ones that come with the video / DVD movies, the Nintendo Power promos (like Kyogre / Groudon - the first two of the new Black Star series), and #50 / 51 from the first Black Star series (Rapidash and Ho-Oh). Those last two cards have a cool minigame on them where Rapidash has to jump through hoops.

There's also an Air Hockey promo card, there's an Eon Ticket for Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (NP promo - it allows you to get either Latios or Latias depending on which version you have), a Zelda pattern promo for Animal Crossing (also NP), and some other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. Don't forget those Wal-Mart SMB3 promo cards - they're tough to come by.

There are about 500 Animal Crossing cards - the only ones that are a little more difficult to come by are the "islander" cards from series 1. I'm not sure how available the packs are nowadays.

There are also some e-Reader cards for Mario Party 5. Not sure what they do.

The best place to get those NES game cards right now is on Nintendo's website - you can order the full set for $4.95 each. Not the best price in the world, but they have Urban Champion for sure.

Should DP have an e-Reader guide?
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

there is also a rare card for the mario party e game...it does not have an e-reader strip on it...but it came in a magazine...it has 2 coins on it instead of the normal one coin

besides the pokemon cards (i have no interest in them) i think i have a complete US e-reader set
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer
    There are also some e-Reader cards for Mario Party 5. Not sure what they do.

Should DP have an e-Reader guide?
    If you mean the deck of 60 or so cards, kind of. Its not Mario Party 5, but rather a standalone game that you can use the ereader for mini games. Not all cards are e-cards though. Actually, only a handful are.

As for the DP e-card guide, I asked Joe about doing it, he said wait until September to get started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

as for sets other than pokemon there is:

Animal Crossing Series 1 -- 66 cards total

Animal Crossing Series 2 -- 71 cards total

Animal Crossing Series 3 -- 94 cards total

Animal Crossing Series 4 -- 95 cards total

Animal Crossing Promo Card (included with e-Reader) -- 1 card total

Animal Crossing NES Link Card (Nintendo Power exclusive -- card attached to larger cardboard card -- I can make a scan if someone needs it) -- 1 card total

NES e-Reader Games -- 13 games total -- 65 cards total
    (games are Balloon Fight, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3, Excitebike, Golf, Ice Climber, Mario Bros., Pinball, Tennis, Urban Champion)

Game And Watch Manhole Card (included with e-Reader) -- 1 card total

e-Reader Promo Cards -- Air Hockey & Kirby Slide Fox Box exclusive given out at the Nintendo Who Are You? Mall Tour) -- 2 cards total

Pokemon -- cards that I have are: Machop, Machoke, and Machamp (included with e-Reader, Eon Ticket (included in Nintendo Power and given out at Toys'R'Us -- TRU card comes with larger folder type paper to explain the card), Kyogre ex and Groudon ex (included with Nintendo Power) -- 6 cards total

Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3 Series 1 --
    Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3 Series 2 --
    Both Series total 43 cards (36 that you bought in 2 seperate packs, 2 that came with the game at all stores, and 5 special cards that came with the game only when you bought it at Wal-Mart (the game box is specially marked that it had 7 cards and not just 2) -- 43 cards total

Mario Party-e -- 10 cards have e-Reader strips on them, 1 card is a dual coin Special Bonus Card (included with I believe Game Pro) -- 65 cards total

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Other than promos and pokemon-e tcg, you're missing the Pokemon Battle-e Trainer cards. 3 sets plus 2 packins for a total of 56 actual ecards (not including ad cards)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    Other than promos and pokemon-e tcg, you're missing the Pokemon Battle-e Trainer cards. 3 sets plus 2 packins for a total of 56 actual ecards (not including ad cards)
    other than pokemon cards (which I know i have some, but i have no interest in collecting them) do you know of any other e-reader cards that i dont have

i think i might be missing a promo or 2, so let me know if you know of any

also, if there is going to be an e-reader guide, i would be more than happy to contribute....i would be able to make scans of all the cards if need be, and for ease of use, i could put them on a cd and mail them to joe if he needed them in any way.....just let me know, as i know a good bit about the e-reader and could help out with this

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Air Hockey-e was available in lots of Gamestop stores as well - not just at the "who are you?" mall promos. The Fox Kirby puzzle card was also handed out in Nintendo Power.

The only other promos you may be missing are the Pokemon promos. Some of those are worthwhile as they have some cool mini-games on them; others don't have mini-games. Information on these promo cards is somewhat hard to find. The audience has always been sort of young (not the people with the skills and knowledge to go out there and make comprehensive websites), and furthermore the popularity of the card game seems to have waned in the past year or two. There have been a whole mess of cards, not all of which have e-Reader barcodes on them.

---The original 53-card Black Star promo series. The only cards to have e-Reader info on them from this series are:

#50 Celebi: Bottom stripe has Celebi info; side has Celebi "cartoon"
    #51 Ho-Oh: Bottom stripe has Ho-Oh info; side has 1/2 Rapidash mini-game
    #52 Rapidash: bottom stripe Rapidash info, side the other half of Rapidash mini-game
    #53 Suicune: bottom has Suicune info, side has some sort of Suicune tune or something like that on it? I've never really been able to figure this one out; I think that some other e-Reader cards can plug into the set with this one to do something but I'm not sure. You can make a Clefairy sort of move around and change the pitch of the music, but there's something else...I don't remember.

---Winner / Best promos - none of these have any e-Reader info (although they are mostly evil cards and I like them )

-some miscellaneous cards here and there but none are e-Reader compatible I think.

--The new Black Star promo series
    I have not found a list of these promo cards anywhere, but I know that there are at least 22 or so cards in this series (the latest card, 22, was given out at the Toys R Us play day sometime this past June). Some of these have e-Reader info and some don't, and I don't think any of them have mini-games on them - but I only own about 10 out of the 22 cards so I'm not sure. Some of them are only available in the Pokemon videos which I've already mentioned earlier in this thread.

Note that many Pokemon cards are no longer being printed because Wizards of the Coast *stopped* printing the cards and Nintendo started. I have no idea why this happened, but it does mean that some of the cards may become harder to find as time goes on. The only e-Reader compatible series that are affected by this are, I believe, the Expedition, Aquapolis, and Skyridge series. Anything prior to this (the four Neo series, Base, Jungle, Team Rocket, etc.) will also become somewhat more rare but they don't have e-Reader info, so...Nintendo lists these cards along with the mini-games in these series on their e-Reader website. If you're collecting these just for the mini games, it might be worthwhile just to find out which ones have the info (from Nintendo's site - they tell you) for the games and to get your hands on those.

It's also interesting to note that the latest expansion - Hidden Legends - does not have ANY e-Reader info on ANY cards whatsoever. This may mean that the Pokemon Card game is not going to contain e-Reader information or mini-games in any future cards. Again, info on this stuff seems hard to find.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?