I posted about this game on usenet years back to no avail. While it's on my mind, I'll try again here...

The name of the machine was "12 o' Clock High", but, the game room in my hometown in the 80's where this machine resided, was notorious for getting bootleg versions of games, sometimes with different names than the orignals (for instance, we had "Frog" instead of Frogger, Hangly Man for Pac-Man, etc.) so the orignal name of this game could have been something totally different, as I haven't seen this name show up on MAME's lists yet, and it's a rather old game, early 80's.

Anyway, the gameplay. The first level started out as sort of resembling Capcom's 1942, or even Konami's MissionX, with you in a plane, overhead view, vertical scrolling (I *think*. hell, maybe it was horizontal scrolling), except with nothing but ships firing at you. When you lined up with and fired back at a ship, the view quickly changed to a side view, showing your bomb faliing down. Depending on how close you were to the ship determined if you hit it or not, I think. You didn't have control of anything in the side-view mode, if I remember right.

So, after a while of that, you made it to the 2nd level, which was entirely different. You were a plane again, but from a side scrolling side-view this time, with a pickup truck on the ground at the bottom of the screen following you. You had to pick up pieces from the tops of buildings, and then successfully drop them onto the bed of the truck as it was moving. i think the pieces went together to form a missle.

After that, I'm not sure how the game went. Another thing I do distinctly remember, from the game's attract mode, was the instruction screen, where it simply said "YOU CAN SHOOT:" (showed some stuff) YOU MUST PICK UP: (showed the stuff you pick up on the 2nd level) YOU MUST LOAD A TRUCK: (and of course, showed the pickup). I don't know, for some reason we all got a kick out of that when we were kids.

I'm hoping someone out there remembers this game. Maybe it's been supported in MAME for quite some time, under a different name? I'd love to play it again! :-)