Thread: Modded ColecoVision A/V BIOS LEDs Extras Coleco Vision

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Modded ColecoVision A/V BIOS LEDs Extras Coleco Vision

ColecoVision

Up for auction is a completely refurbished and modified Coleco ColecoVision. Included in the auction are the ColecoVision game console, 2 standard controllers, 1 Spectravideo Quickshot III joystick controller, Donkey Kong, Popeye, and Time Pilot, a power supply, and a 6 Ft. gold-plated A/V cable. Everything is 100% guaranteed working, including console, controllers, games, and modifications.

Modifications:

1: Gold-Plated, Color-Coded, RCA Audio/Video Output Jacks

This modification allows you to directly connect the game system to modern televisions or home theater systems. No longer are you required to use a TV/game switch, or forced to deal with blinking white sprites or audio “humming” while playing the game. This allows for the clearest picture and sounds ever available with a ColecoVision.

2: New BIOS Chip Installed

The original BIOS setup forced you to sit through 10 or 12 seconds of Coleco’s opening title screen when a Coleco-published game was inserted into the cartridge slot and the unit powered up. After the time delay you could then select the number of players and the difficulty. With the new BIOS chip installed, after the console is powered up, the instant you press one of the controllers left fire buttons (yellow button for a Super Action controller), the agonizingly long title screen is skipped and you continue on to the game.

3: LED Power Indicator Lights

Nine LEDs shine through the front face-plate underneath the ColecoVision logo. The lights are colored red, orange, yellow, green, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red to correspond with the logo’s colored letters that they are mounted under.

All of the modifications and the refurbishing work was professionally done and installed by me. I built the A/V output circuit and installed the RCA output jacks, I programmed and installed the new BIOS EPROM, and I assembled and installed the LED light board. I also cleaned and conditioned the expansion module interface port, cartridge slot, and on/off switch contacts. The controllers were completely disassembled and all directional contacts and buttons were cleaned and conditioned. Not only will this console work completely when you receive it, but it will work for many years to come.

Shipping will be $14.95 with tracking services to anywhere in the continental US via USPS. Insurance is not required, but is offered at $4.50. I do prefer payment via PayPal, but I also accept money orders, cashiers checks, and personal checks. I will ship the auction items out either the same or next business day after confirmed payment is received. International bidders are welcome, and shipping will be determined after the end of the auction.

Thank you for looking at my auction, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or concerns you may have. Good Luck bidding!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8119737444

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

***SOLD*** 25 Minutes, 3 Seconds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Jesus Christ.

You must have made a nice profit

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's not about the money, it's all about the fans. without them none of this would be possible.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doubledownon11
    it's not about the money, it's all about the fans. without them none of this would be possible.
    *golf clap*

Good answer, good answer.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i do mean that. it's not like i'm going to get rich selling modded consoles. sure i make a little money off of them, but it does take me 4-6 hours to do a complete mod and refurbish job. for some reason i have an afinity for the ColecoVision system, and anything I can do to help it live on is my pleasure. if i can respark an interest in the system then maybe we can get a few more released prototypes, and newly published games for it. i'm sick of Atari getting all the attention. let's face it, the ColecoVision is far superior. just look how horrendous donkey kong and pac-man look on the 2600 vs the Coleco. by the way i can't praise Opcode games enough for their incredible work with Coleco games.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wan't being sarcastic. I really meant "good answer"

I do a lot of things for people on the DP Foums , and most people don't understand why.

It's because I love the older games and I like helping people.

It looks like you do to and I respect that.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

check
    www.VikingVideoGames.com
    Home of the Mini ColecoVision

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gotta say, congrats to you man, you do some amazing work on those systems. I do not even doubt they are HIGHLY enjoyable and very nice. I can't even imagine how must work must be involved....I hate taking a few minutes to clean a cart, hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default mod

I so want one. I don't think I'm ready today to hand over $200 for one, but maybe in a few weeks. The AV mod and the BIOS mod are really attractive. The title screen thing is one of my greatest pet peeves about the system. I play cartridges because I want to play NOW! Not in 12 seconds. NOW!

If you plan to do more mods, and care to make a reasonable private sale, do contact me. I wonder if the price on eBay will double, pushing it well beyond what I'd pay. Ah, well.

ian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would just like to say that he does EXCELLENT work and I very highly recommend getting one of his modified Colecovisions. The workmanship is outstanding. I sent him one of my units, the quality of which was fuzzy and terrible. He completely refurbished it and installed A/V outputs, and now it works wonderfully. I will be playing this constantly for the foreseeable future.

Doubledownon11 has the k8track seal of approval!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There you have it, unsolicited testimonial. I'm getting low on consoles. I think I've only got 5-8 left. Get one while they last. But seriously, thanks Kevin for the kind words of praise. I'm happy to do anything I can do to keep the ColecoVision alive and kicking.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can also vouch for DD on 11. I gave up on the CV a ways back as a primitive piece of crap. I had no luck with standard RF units. I always loved the games, but thought that given the craptacular nature of the CV that it was a lost cause. Enter DD on 11. I received a fully functioning unit earlier this week and now have a renewed interest in collecting for the CV, all thanks to his AV modded system.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep the kudos coming. It's nice to hear from a satisfied cusomer. Thanks again.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ColecoVision is my favorite alltime console. Boy do I wish I had some disposable income right now to get one. The mod looks great! All I have is some stuff to trade that I listed in another topic I started yesterday.

Interested in a trade?

Roger

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would definately consider trades. Mostly I'm looking to complete my ColecoVision games collection as well as some saturn games and accessories.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thumbs up for these Colecovisions. He modded my system for me and it is great - crisp, clear picture and no intro. screen. I now trust my Colecovision to work enough to start collecting for Colecovision again. I am a big 5200 fan and the having the 5200 and Colecovision lets me collect the greatest (to me) era of console games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thumbs up for these Colecovisions. He modded my system for me and it is great - crisp, clear picture and no intro. screen. I now trust my Colecovision to work enough to start collecting for Colecovision again. I am a big 5200 fan and having the 5200 and Colecovision lets me collect the greatest (to me) era of console games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thumbs up for these Colecovisions. He modded my system for me and it is great - crisp, clear picture and no intro. screen. I now trust my Colecovision to work enough to start collecting for Colecovision again. I am a big 5200 fan and having the 5200 and Colecovision lets me collect the greatest (to me) era of console games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts