Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Park32

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123

All Gp32s should be able to do 133 mhz since that is what it was designed for. Going over 133 mhz is when people start to have freezing problems. Some people can only go to 132 mhz and some like myself can go to 200 mhz with no problems. It just depends on the brand of memory in your gp32.
    No It doesn't depend on the memory it depends on the Processors Core Voltage.
    It's just like overclocking a Pentium processor. If you crank up the core volts you overclock the CPU.

With the Overclock Mod on the GP32, you change the resistors that control the cpu's volts and it allows the cpu to run at a higher mhz.

On my Flu I changed the core to 1.94v and can get 168 mhz out of it. (before that it was stuck at 150 mhz or so ). On my Blu I'll be uping it to 1.98v so I can get 180-200 mhz.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before i order my 180 BLU, can i use two different emulators on my GP32?

For example, could I have an SNES emulator and a Genesis emu? I still dont really understand how you emulate the games and everything?

Srry for making this such a big thread, i just want to know before spend my $228 on this thing [/i]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    Before i order my 180 BLU, can i use two different emulators on my GP32?

For example, could I have an SNES emulator and a Genesis emu? I still dont really understand how you emulate the games and everything?

Srry for making this such a big thread, i just want to know before spend my $228 on this thing [/i]
    I have 6 different emulators and around 80 different games on my 128mb card right now.

So yes you can have several emulators and games.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran

All Gp32s should be able to do 133 mhz since that is what it was designed for. Going over 133 mhz is when people start to have freezing problems. Some people can only go to 132 mhz and some like myself can go to 200 mhz with no problems. It just depends on the brand of memory in your gp32.
    No It doesn't depend on the memory it depends on the Processors Core Voltage.
    It's just like overclocking a Pentium processor. If you crank up the core volts you overclock the CPU.

With the Overclock Mod on the GP32, you change the resistors that control the cpu's volts and it allows the cpu to run at a higher mhz.

On my Flu I changed the core to 1.94v and can get 168 mhz out of it. (before that it was stuck at 150 mhz or so ). On my Blu I'll be uping it to 1.98v so I can get 180-200 mhz.
    Well what I read on the gp32x boards points to memory. You can manually push it with the voltage mod but you can still only go to 168 mhz. My system and others can go to 200 mhz without a mod so I would think it has something to do with memory configuration.

Considering they use the exact same type of resistor to each system.

I will point you to this thread on the gp32x board. http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1694 You may have to register to view it.

BTW try overclocking a computer with shitty ram you won't get the same results you would get with better ram. If I am missing something please let me know.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just Ordered my GP32 Blue 180mhz!
    Cant wait for it to come in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well what I read on the gp32x boards points to memory. You can manually push it with the voltage mod but you can still only go to 168 mhz. My system and others can go to 200 mhz without a mod so I would think it has something to do with memory configuration.

Considering they use the exact same type of resistor to each system.

I will point you to this thread on the gp32x board. http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1694 You may have to register to view it.

BTW try overclocking a computer with shitty ram you won't get the same results you would get with better ram. If I am missing something please let me know.
    Well it's quite heavily debated on the gp32x boards. I guess it's a matter of opinion until someone does more tests.