0 Posts

any chance we can make this a sticky???
    Wolverine

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talk about a disappointing thread title! Next time put "Petition for" in the title, or at least add a question mark.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavor. I think they should have released the games as a compilation in the first place on all the systems, instead of making certain titles exclusive to one platform.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_157
    any chance we can make this a sticky???
    Done...

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrexl
    Talk about a disappointing thread title! Next time put "Petition for" in the title, or at least add a question mark.
    ... and done.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Great idea and all, but I agree with SNK Playmore here. Lets face it. Most gamers today won't even give a second look to any of their games and these ttiles are left to groups like us. The GC is slowly dying and Sega coludn't even get a mainstream football title to sell on it. How could a niche title like MS sell?

Lets also consider that if they did release it, I'd still go for either the PS2 of X-Box versions since the PS2 has the best of the D-Pads and the 'Box has Live. It's just not a logical buisness move on their end.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    Lets face it. Most gamers today won't even give a second look to any of their games and these ttiles are left to groups like us. The GC is slowly dying and Sega coludn't even get a mainstream football title to sell on it. How could a niche title like MS sell?

Lets also consider that if they did release it, I'd still go for either the PS2 of X-Box versions since the PS2 has the best of the D-Pads and the 'Box has Live. It's just not a logical buisness move on their end.
    Exactly.

Honestly, I know you may disagree with this, but I think SNK is doing the right thing. These games aren't exactly million sellers on systems where they are more likely to find their audience. What makes you think releasing these games for a system that, like it or not, attracts an audience less likely to be interested in 2D games would be a smart move?

I know, I know. Everyone here who has a Gamecube is going to say "I have a Gamecube, I like 2D, I'd buy this." Ok, fine, but you're a small fraction of the total Gamecube owners. I don't remember Ikaruga storming the sales charts, and I think that's in the same league of what we're talking here. Living system, dying system, or on life support, the fact of the matter is the audience for this type of game is dwindling period, and it doesn't exactly seem to be on the GC.

Also, I always have to ask this question, does anyone have any real proof of an on-line petition changing anything? It seems like I've read things from companies explicitly stating that on-line petitions mean nothing to them but they will respond to a written one.

Not trying to say you're wrong here, just playing devil's advocate. I'd like to see these games reach as wide an audience, but I also want to see SNK make intelligent decisions to insure they're around for a long time. I just don't think throwing money into releasing games on a platform where it's highly unlikely they'll sell well is not the direction they should go.

Good luck to you though.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    Great idea and all, but I agree with SNK Playmore here. Lets face it. Most gamers today won't even give a second look to any of their games and these ttiles are left to groups like us. The GC is slowly dying and Sega coludn't even get a mainstream football title to sell on it. How could a niche title like MS sell?

Wow, very well said. I'm in total agreement as well. I think it would be better ported to nintendo's GBA anyways...I wish they were putting out the whole series on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was part of a site/petition that was asking for Miramax to release an uncut/subitled version of Shaolin Soccer. It did seem to work, as the DVD is going to be released uncut and in Chinese -- in fact, their press material even note the "internet fanbase". But our petiton got over 15,000 signatures and we got some mention in more mainstream publications like Wired and MSNBC.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Distributor of Candy Cabinets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by NEOryu
    I respect almost everyone in these forums and I'll be the first to agree on disagreeing with the nay sayers. But what I've seen, from my experience, Nintendo is the company who pretty much started this industry and allot of Adults respect the company.

Allot of GAMECUBE owners, from what I've noticed, are in their 20's and 30's that remember the NES and remember how fun the old school 2D games were and stuck with Nintendo. They're not a bunch of next generation junkies looking for a 3D fix or 30-something guys with poor hygiene that sit in their apartments all day playing the latest version of Metal Gear Solid.

Allot of GAMECUBE owner's are the young Dad's and Mom's that bought a GAMECUBE, so their kids aren't playing HITMAN all day, and like to buy the old school games so they have something to play with on their family video game system. The games I've seen them buy are the one's that they remember enjoying on their old school systems or in the Arcades when they were teenagers.

Just because the GAMECUBE is stereotyped as a children's system doesn't mean their parents aren't buying games for themselves as a recreation. Say what you want but,

"A Metal Slug collection's game would be a perfect addition to the GAMECUBE library!"

metal slug is all about killing...the whole point is to shoot your enemies...what makes you think that parents will think this is a classic and buy it for their kids....i know it is a classic...and they could buy it and hide it and only play when the kids were not around.....but, that is unlikely...parents buy games for kids so they have an instant babysitter.....their lives are busy enough and most of them arent like us DPers that can find time to play videogames......

snk on the gc just isnt gonna happen....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by NEOryu
    Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    i know it is a classic...and they could buy it and hide it and only play when the kids were not around.....
    I don't think you understood the post you quoted.

I wasn't saying parents would buy it for their children, but then again Metal SLug Advance is coming out for the GBA, but really Metal Slug is about the video game equivalent to army men. Anyway, I meant that young parents (20's & 30's) would buy it for themselves, like all the other classic GC collections, to play on their Family system. And compared to "HITMAN", "METAL SLUG" isn't anything gory at all. Plus, as I'm sure most of you know the old-school collection games for GC sell better than the PS2 versions.
    i understood....i said either parents buy the games for kids or they could buy it for themselves and hide the the game from their kids and only play it when the kids werent around, but, that is unlikely
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

I'm leaning to agree with a couple of different people here. Metal Slug, in my opinion, would be a great addiction to ANY library, but I also must say that I would rather play it on a system like the XBox or the PS2, simply because of the controler being a bit more comfortable and controllable for the style of game. I also realize that it most likely wouldn't sell exceptionally well, due to it being a cult classic and not a mainstream success, and that's a bigger shame than selling less units than a big-name title.

And regarding kids playing it on the GC, if you can turn off the blood-splattering-ness and clean it up a bit, it probably wouldn't be too bad a deal for them. But maybe that's just me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I wrote my Letters..

Instead of actually debating if it would work or not, I took my chances and wrote letters both to Nintendo of America and SNK. Not because I think it would make a difference, but because one more letter is one more letter that someone has to file under SNK and NINTENDO. I wrote the letters not because I think SNK will do it for the GameCube, or because I dont think it will happen, buit because I would LIKE to see it happen. A very large Metal Slug fan (It's the only reason I ever had MAME) and a GameCube owner (Because, honestly, I prefer it over my PS2) I would love to see this. I also agree that the GameCube controller would do it more justice than a D-Pad.

Just my Opinion. Thanks for Reading.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure that SNK has published ANYTHING on the Gamecube. I'd be surprised if that were to suddenly change as a result of an online petition. One would think that 3+ years would be enough time to accurately gauge the SNK company's desire to support the 'Cube.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Reply from Nintendo

Hi there.

We at Nintendo can't tell SNK NeoGeo what to do, the same way we can't tell you what to do. If gamers would like a Metal Slug game for the Nintendo GameCube, you'll need to contact SNK NeoGeo to let them know. While every video game company I know of can't accept unsolicited ideas or suggestions for video games, it may help if they hear from tons of fans what they'd like to see.

Contact info for all licensee game companies, like SNK NeoGeo is on our web site. From the main page of nintendo.com, go to the bottom, click on Corporate, then Company Connections, and finally Licensee Game Companies. Plus, our web site also has a Game List to check out not only released games but upcoming games as well, from reviews to pics and sometimes even vid clips.

There you go. And if you haven't heard, nintendo.com's free My Nintendo program lets gamers opt to receive the latest Nintendo news via free e-mail newsletters, get members-only access, check subscriptions or orders, and more.

Nintendo of America Inc.
    <name iwithheld because big companies scare me>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Petitions do not work. Period.

Exclamation point.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in