Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ColecoVision Super Donkey Kong Prototype Coleco Vision

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

ColecoVision

Up for auction is Super Donkey Kong for the Coleco Colecovision video game console. Super Donkey Kong was an unreleased prototype developed by Coleco back in the early 80’s. While Donkey Kong had been released, Super Donkey Kong was being developed to be a more accurate port of the arcade version. Since this game was never released this is a non-production, custom made cartridge with a custom made label.

There are several differences between this version and the standard version of Donkey Kong. They are as follows:

1: The opening scene animation of Donkey Kong grabbing Pauline and climbing the girders, then jumping to the side to distress and bend the girders is included.

2: “Get Ready Player (1 or 2)” between each level change and player change is included.

3: “Game Over” is displayed after all of Mario’s lives are gone.

4: Girder Level – The ending level animation of Donkey Kong grabbing Pauline and climbing to the top of the screen is included.

5: Rivet Level – The ending level animation of Donkey Kong beating his chest and then falling upside down, hitting his head, and then Mario and Pauline meeting with a heart above them is included.

6: Elevator Level – This level is unchanged from the standard Donkey Kong version.

7: Factory Level – This level, not included in the standard Donkey Kong version is included. This level, while playable, was never finished. Collision detection was never programmed. Meaning, that the fireballs cannot hurt Mario, and the bonus items are not able to be picked up. All Mario needs to do, is climb to the top of the level without falling off an edge or into the oil drum, and the level is cleared.

This cartridge is mint and is in 100% working condition. The cartridge will be double-bagged, wrapped in bubble-wrap, and shipped in a padded envelope, unless buyer prefers different packaging.

Shipping will be $4.00 with tracking services to anywhere in the continental US via USPS. Insurance is not required, but is offered at $1.50. I do prefer payment via PayPal, but I also accept money orders, cashiers checks, and personal checks. I will ship the auction items out either the same or next business day after confirmed payment is received. International bidders are welcome, and shipping will be determined after the end of the auction.

Thank you for looking at my auction, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or concerns you may have. Good Luck bidding!
    www.VikingVideoGames.com
    Home of the Mini ColecoVision

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Dude that auction is totally gonna get pulled. You can't sell prototypes on eBay. Hopefully for you it stays up there though.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is it a REPRO ? or a rom burned onto a eprom ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's a repro... and it says so right here:

"Since this game was never released this is a non-production, custom made cartridge with a custom made label."

willie

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since the game was never released it's not really a reproduction. It is a custom cartridge with the prototype rom programmed on it.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Not really a prototype either

Since the game was never released it's not really a reproduction. It is a custom cartridge with the prototype rom programmed on it.
    It's not really a prototype either, though, as anyone who can dump a ROM can generate this cart -- presumably without rights clearance, as in this case, which is really why eBay ought to (but likely won't) step in to squelch the auction.

My assumption is that this cart is no different than that offered by eColeco???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doubledownon11

that is a clever way of putting it. i dont particularly like that description... it seems misleading on purpose.
    it is good work though, dont get me wrong, it looks a lot better than the copy i have.

willie

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reason I used the word "prototype" is because the game "Super Donkey Kong" was a prototype and never released. I used it in the title so it would grab the attention of the people that would look through the listings and think that it was just another one of the million's of copies of Donkey Kong. I did list in the auction descrpition that it was a custom made cartridge and no where do I describe it as an actual prototype board or a lab-loander. And I certainly didn't spam the title and description with the all too common word "RARE".
    www.VikingVideoGames.com