Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I just got a second chance offer on NWC cart from ebay

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

suppafly, that doesn't really wash.. if the game had really been sent, he wouldn't have another copy to send out multiple second chance offers with, right?

Sure, he's got a lot of feedback, but it happens. Sometimes good sellers 'turn bad' and go out with a bang - you never know what circumstances there might be in someone's private life that might motivate them to pull a scam like this. And there's always the possibility of an account hijacking, etc

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NWC Cart

Wow .. that is a suprise.

However I sincerely doubt an account hijacking. The guy is still selling stuff at the moment, and he has always been a big retro game seller, as I said.

If this is what has happened then there certainly is a criminal case to pursue in the UK - and I would be glad to offer any assistance necessary, if it is needed.

One avenue to investigate would be the UK "Small Claims Court" which enables individuals to pursue cases like this with minimal cost and bureaucracy. You can claim up to £5,000 through this

http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/tiscali/smc.html

Since the transaction is international though, it would be a good idea to report this to the relevant local police force, and get a crime reference number as soon as possible. If you have an address for the guy, I can find out the local police force number etc. for you.

Sorry to hear about the scam, hope it gets sorted out asap!!

Vroomfunkel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice of everyone to believe what they hear without hearing the rest of the story! I am the seller of this article. Buyatari says I sent him a second chance offer and this thread was posted yesterday. I have not been near the item page in weeks and have definitely not sent tis offer, If you have one then please forward it to legal@frogbog.co.uk, ebay records show that no second chance offers have been sent for this item.

This item was sent via international recorded delivery and is insured. I have had 5 or 6 emails from 2-player and every time I have replied asking for the tracking number of the package he has there as I do not believe it is even my package! He has replied telling me how stupid I am and how he will come to England but not once with the information I require. If that is my package then I will make a report to royal mail and the police but my records show that this item has not yet been delivered. I also asked for the weight of the package (this is written on the back of my docket by the post office staff) and also the type of packaging.

As somebody pointed out I am a powerseller with 2000+ feedbacks, I would not risk my account for this. I have sold items worth 5 times this amount without any trouble and currently have 2 rooms full to the ceiling with boxes of 80's computer gear. Stuff does go missing and things to get stolen especially when it's international as in the uk you must declare the full value on the customs form for insurance purposes, If you were earning minimum wage and saw a small parcel worth £1200 you might be tempted too.

If 2-player could just send me the info I require I might be able to do something about this but if you insist on just making threats then there's nothing I can do and all correspondence will be kept for future reference.

People shouldn't jump to these sort of conclusions, Nobody here knows me and yet people are already talking about court action and the like. I can assure you I have all the required documentation which will stand up in a uk court. I have been trading over 15 years and know my own legal system.

So, anybody with second chance offers, please forward them, Doug-Please send me the information I keep asking for and I will look into this and as I stated this item is insured, it's irrelevant that you have signed for it as under royal mail you can claim for missing goods even when the package has arrived.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

All beginning to sound rather complicated. The nature of message boards is that it is not really possible to verify what people say, you have to go on trust to a certain degree. Therefore I gave advice to the complainant as to what he should do on the assumption that his claims are truthful. If there is a serious dispute over something like this, then it should go to court - where, hopefully, whoever is right will win.

Nevertheless, as I said before, it would seem suprising to me if bubboboo were pulling a scam, especially since he is continuing to sell a consideable amount of goods. Suprising, but not completely inconceivably impossible.

There seem to be three possibilities:

a) The seller is pulling a scam, and does not have enough brains to do a runner.

b) The seller has sent the item, and either it has been lost / stolen in the post - or else merely delayed, and the package player-2 received was not from the seller at all. The "second chance offers" that others have received are from chancers trying to butt in on a high profile auction to make a fast buck for themselves.

c) The buyer is trying to pull a scam to get his game for nowt.

Scenarios 1 & 3 buyer and seller will just have to scrap it out between them. Scenario 2 ... everyone calms down a little and actually talks & listens to each other, and everything gets worked out.

And whatever the situation, it seems like these "Second Chance Offers" are definitely a steer clear ...

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Return-Path: <aw-confirm@ebay.com>
    Received: from rly-xm02.mx.aol.com (rly-xm02.mail.aol.com [172.20.83.103]) by air-xm01.mail.aol.com (v101.19) with ESMTP id MAILINXM11-5f94122ab601c1; Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:06:02 -0400
    Received: from mx46.sjc.ebay.com (mxpool17.ebay.com [66.135.197.23]) by rly-xm02.mx.aol.com (v101_r1.2) with ESMTP id MAILRELAYINXM29-5f94122ab601c1; Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:05:36 -0400
    Received: from sj-v3conta02 (sj-v3conta02.sjc.ebay.com [10.6.189.175])
    by mx46.sjc.ebay.com (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id i7I148Lu002139
    for <buyatari@aol.com>; Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:05:36 -0700
    Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:05:36 -0700
    Message-ID: <1574379051.1092791136044.JavaMail.ebayapp@sj-v3conta02>
    Reply-To: aw-confirm@ebay.com
    To: buyatari@aol.com
    Subject: Second Chance Offer Item #8117072973
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=585145899.1092791136044.JavaMail.ebayapp. sj-v3conta02
    X-eBay-MailTracker: 10025.347.0.
    X-AOL-IP: 66.135.197.23
    X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE: 1:0:0:
    X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT: 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 8/17/2004 9:06:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    Reply To:
    To: buyatari@aol.com
    CC:
    BCC:
    Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system.

Message From eBay Member

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Such services offer Internet shoppers no protection against fraud.

Dear buyatari,

You expressed interest in an item titled "Nintendo World Championship 1990 Gold Cart! Ultra Rare!"(Item #8117072973) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder.In compliance with eBay policy the seller "bubboboo" makes this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of £1,200.00.The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To see this item, click on the link:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...117072973&rd=1 To learn about Second Chance Offer go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html Thank you, eBay, Inc. ***************Do not reply this e-mail you can contact the seller at:scottybest269192@aol.com

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
    qweertyyyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This eBay notice was sent to buyatari@aol.com based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari

Thank you,
    qweertyyyy
    Hmm. Curiouser and curiouser. So who is 'qweertyyyy' and how are they able to send a second-chance offer for someone else's item?

edit: A-ha! Registered 16/8, already NARU.
    Also, the one seller they have fb from is also NARU. What in the frig is going on here?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From buyatari's email.

Do not reply this e-mail you can contact the seller at:scottybest269192@aol.com

My registered ebay email is yggdrasil@ziplip.com, any second chance offer I sent would have this return address. I do not use aol I use blueyonder broadband and I think that is a foreign ip address although I would have to ask somebody else about that. This is a hoax, it was not sent from me. Seems strange that it was sent the day that 2-player emailed me saying he had received an erroneous package. The second chance offer page from the auction shows all the buyers, If I had sent an offer they would not have a tick box nest to them and everybody does.

I'm sure that ebay would confirm that it didn't come from me, trouble is finding out where it did come from.

Vroomfunkel

I am trying to work things out with doug but he seems to have made his mind up. As I said this item is insured and is showing as undelivered. If he would just forward the info to me I could compare the details to find out whether this was my package or nothing to do with me.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ..

Bloody hell ... this thing gets more contorted by the minute!

I noticed that qweertyyyy at the bottom too. Didn't think to look him up, by this point I assumed it was just a made up id. So this guy registered - in France, apparently - the day before buyatari received this email, and is already suspended???

Bubboboo / ddd ..

Sorry if I appeared to be getting at you ... I've got no beef with you. I just wanted to offer advice to someone who seemed to be in a pickle. In fact, I am pretty sure I've bought stuff from you before (or vice versa, I really can't remember) ... I just can't be bothered to look through all my feedback to check. But your email address is fairly unforgettable! And I've certainly had no trouble from you .. because I definitely remember everyone I've dealt with who has been problematic!

As far as I can see it is pretty obvious that you had nothing to do with the Second Chance Offer emails. As far as the original transaction goes, well there's nothing anyone can say on that apart from you and the buyer, so I will pass no comment other than what I have already stated.

Vroomfunkel

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hm

Perhaps it is stating the obvious here, but eBay really need to be informed about these second chance offer emails, because they certainly appear to be fraudulent in nature. I have not heard anyone attempting fraud through ebay in this way before .. let's hope it's not the start of a new wave of attempted cons, to contend with all those phishing emails I keep getting.

"Dear joelthejester, please re-register your details on our 2 bit attempt at a spoof website ..."

yeah right.

Occasionally I fill in user id "youvebeenreportedsucker", and password "gotohell" before forwarding them straight to spoof@ebay.co.uk

Mostly I just forward them straight on .. and delete them.

Vroomfunkel

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So let me see if I have this straight:

ddd posts eBay auction for gold NWC.

Player-2 places winning bid, pays for package. Second highest bid is buyatari.

Player-2 pays, and claims to have received a package full of typing paper.

buyatari gets a "second chance offer," apparently from ddd.

ddd claims that the full package was sent, and that the "second offer" was fraudulent.

...jesus. So this either means:

ddd sent the fake package and then tried to rip off buyatari, OR

ddd sent the fake package and a mysterious third party sent the email OR

ddd sent a real package, Player 2 is lying, mysterious third party or ddd sent second chance email OR

ddd sent a real package, contents were stolen en route, mysterious third party sent the second chance email?

Fucking A, call Perry Mason. There are too many variables here.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=616&item=691987651 2

Hello qweertyyyy o.O
    Wow.

What in the name of holy hell is that?

-A Boy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Date: August 17, 2004 8:06:31 PM CDT
    To: bradleythebuyer@charter.net
    Reply-To: aw-confirm@ebay.com

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system.

Message From eBay Member

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Such services offer Internet shoppers no protection against fraud.

Dear wi_games_collector,

You expressed interest in an item titled "Nintendo World Championship 1990 Gold Cart! Ultra Rare!"(Item #8117072973) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder.In compliance with eBay policy the seller "bubboboo" makes this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of £890.00.The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To see this item, click on the link:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...117072973&rd=1 To learn about Second Chance Offer go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html Thank you, eBay, Inc. ***************Do not reply this e-mail you can contact the seller at:scottybest269192@aol.com

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
    qweertyyyy

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This eBay notice was sent to bradleythebuyer@charter.net based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like an international plot to launder money for terrorism to me. x_x
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Wow. Two e-mails from people with offers for Second Chance offers, and it looks like they did NOT come from the seller of the original item!

There are two seperate issues going on here, as someone said:

Fruadent Second Chances and a Missing Item.

For the former, it's good we're talking about it in the open. Ebay needs to be contacted, as well as the authorities.

For the later, that's for e-mail. I hope that can be cleared up.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cosmic Spacehead

No Idea!

Vroomfunkel

I know you mean well! I've only just realised who you are! It's you and me you usually buy and sell the mega cd stuff. The lords if thunder and space adventure types. Also, I have contacted ebay about the second chance offer thing, I asked for the ip address etc.

tededfred

Thanks for that, please forward it to ebay.

v1rich

What a great sense of humour!

player-2 has still not contacted me about this. All I get is very arrogant emails about how he will do this and that. I would rather sort this out properly.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it looks like to me

seller sold his stuff

buyer get the parcel but its been tampered with by the post

the 2nd chance things is a scam and quite scarey easy ploy.

not good
    So you think your a Dj? Go to My Djset.com and upload your mix, See if your good enough for the real world!
    Stuff for Sale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

That auction looked like its sole purpose was to build feedback. Possibly for another screen name? Only one of them was registered in France and the other the US? If its just a second or third ID for someone it could be anyone.......it could even be someone already involved in this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    That auction looked like its sole purpose was to build feedback. Possibly for another screen name? Only one of them was registered in France and the other the US? If its just a second or third ID for someone it could be anyone.......it could even be someone already involved in this.
    This definitely seems to be the case.

It should definitely be brought to Ebay's attention.

So who's gonna do it?

-A Boy

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BuyAtari or TedEdFred, click the link in the email to respond the second chance offer and see if it takes you to an actual ebay site, or if the url is something spoofed, just dont put in any info in.

If its spoofed, maybe we can do a WhoIs lookup and find out some more info on where it came from