Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I just got a second chance offer on NWC cart from ebay

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NWC cart fraud

I am very surprised to see the "seller" of this cart respond on this site(I sent him the address in case he did not know about DP)...Since he has sent no responses to my "threatening" emails. I will be happy to share the answers to the questions...you claim to have posed to me... on this forum. I will also be happy to post a picture of the items package (with the kidderminster postmark) and the claimed value of the cart on fine print portion....much less than its value (how could it be insured for its true value). I would be thrilled to be proven wrong. No one would apologize quicker and in as many public ways as would I. You have lied on this forum as well. You have made no contact with me, and you have two of my email accounts to make that contact. Making this more of a public issue would not bother me in the least, but it also offers me no gain. I brought the topic here only to help avoid the same thing happening to buyatari ( if buyatari had only bid ten dollars more,this would already be his problem ) It is my guess that your post here is an attempt to temporarily salvage your reputation so that you may finish a group of sales. It is very late here. I will re-address this issue tomorrow if anyone wishes for me to supply what I have offerred (even including the emails I sent you). Maybe you could post some of those emails you sent to me offerring to address this issue....I would like to read them. I doubt the readers of this forum care very much about this transaction...other than its "soap-opera" appeal....but I am happy to offer the entertainment if anyone wishes. A heck of a coincidence that the 2nd chance offers were sent the same time I recieved my package...even if they were sent by "someone else" not known to you. I have seven ebay accounts. Two are power-seller. It would be not be difficult to send an offer from any of those...should I choose to do so. I am puzzled by that part a little...not enough to change any relevant part of this transaction though. Your lie that you have communicated with me in any way says most of what I need to understand your position on this transaction.
    THANKS guys (forum members) for your interest and guidance in this matter. It is greatly appreciated! If you have any interest in the details, I will be happy to feed your curiousity. Now going to bed
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: NWC cart fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Player-2
    I have seven ebay accounts.
    Is that allowed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by A Boy

This definitely seems to be the case.

It should definitely be brought to Ebay's attention.

So who's gonna do it?

-A Boy
    1.Both have been NARUed.

2. You can have as many ebay accounts as you want. I have a feeling this may one day change.

3. As for our interest in this matter. Player2 no matter what you said about us, as a forum in the past, we do like to think of ourselves in part as a "watchdog" group. By pointing out behavior we find "questionable" we hope to save our members some hassle in the future. If there is indeed someone dealing videogame related items on ebay with less than honorablel intentions we all want to know. it is true we may not all have the means to purchase an NWC on ebay. However, the chance that we would have ANY transaction with either of you in the future is there for each and every member of this forum. Should something happen in the future involving a member of these forums the ability to go back and read something like this step by step is priceless.

I guess I can see where you are coming from. I mean neither of you were contributing members on this forum prior to this conversation. So if you guys want to work it out in private you have every right to do so. However, we do have the best intentions at heart and can offer a 3rd party perspective. You have both expressed interest in seeing this resolved. We hope this works out for both of you and are not here to "tar and feather" anyone.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Player-2 wrote:
    I have seven ebay accounts.

Is that allowed?
    Well if you have seven people working for you it should be and I know that player-2 probably has more than that. I have 2 accounts myself.

By the way Player-2, glad to see you back here. This is one of the benefits of the forum, to work out issues like this.

Personally I think that the post was tampered with and the item stolen and a fake item sent on in place of it by the stealing post worker to make it look bad on the seller's part. Could have even used the original label from the stolen box.

International Intrigue in the Video Game world.

Vic
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once again player-2 is claiming I have not contacted him so I am going to nore you all with the emails from ymy sent folder.

Content-Type: message/rfc822; name="Enclosed Message" Show Basic Headers
    Content-Disposition: ATTACHMENT; filename="Enclosed Message"
    Received: from 10.1.0.22 (EHLO 10.1.0.22 10.1.0.22 [10.1.0.22] (may be forged))
    by 10.1.0.22 with ESMTP id KHJ1MAKDH1IOOBN1MHHWIMGJFQIOCOAGGIANH1F4
    for <yggdrasil@ziplip.com>; 19 Aug 2004 01:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
    Message-ID: <KHJ1MAKDH1IOOBN1MHHWIMGJFQIOCOAGGIANH1F4@ziplip.c om>
    Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
    Reply-To: yggdrasil@ziplip.com
    To: edna roach <grandma0330@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Re: You're famous on the largest retro-gaming site in the world...in just 24 hours!!
    Cc:
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    X-ZLPwdHint:
    X-ZLExpiry: -1
    X-ZLReceiptConfirm: N
    X-Mailer: ZipLip v4.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See below! I think buyatari has made something up! No second chance offers have been sent.

Select User ID: Second Chance Offer Price
    buyatari ( 387) £1,200.00
    nesdream ( 1447) £850.00
    maltesehamster ( 334) £420.00
    pa_nes_ian ( 112) £400.00
    aspatz1979 ( 13) £200.00
    smokinjoe24 ( 668) £160.00
    classicvideogamelover ( -1) £150.00
    jhd7 ( 985) £20.00
    Bidders who have chosen not to receive Second Chance Offers or who have already
    been sent one will not appear above<-----------

>-----Original Message-----
    >From: edna roach [mailto:grandma0330@hotmail.com]
    >Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004, 10:00 PM
    >To: yggdrasil@ziplip.com
    >Subject: You're famous on the largest retro-gaming site in the world...in just
    >24 hours!!
    >
    >Just thought I would let you know you are becoming famous!! check out
    >www.digitpress.com under forums and then ebay, but specifically
    >http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4.
    >I am sure you are familiar with digitpress....the number one retro-gaming
    >site in the world. It has many members in the UK as well. Me and you are
    >going to be dealing with each other for quite a while. This would be a good
    >time to make the trouble go away
    >
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content-Type: message/rfc822; name="Enclosed Message" Show Basic Headers
    Received: from 10.1.0.21 (EHLO 10.1.0.21 10.1.0.21 [10.1.0.21] (may be forged))
    by 10.1.0.21 with ESMTP id D3AAD4COCKHQNVH1JRNYCMD0CHAIOELZCOMIMDAG
    for <yggdrasil@ziplip.com>; 18 Aug 2004 12:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
    Message-ID: <D3AAD4COCKHQNVH1JRNYCMD0CHAIOELZCOMIMDAG@ziplip.c om>
    Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
    To: grandma0330@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re: Question for item #8117072973 - Nintendo World Championship 1990 Gold Cart! Ultra Rare!
    Cc:
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    X-ZLPwdHint:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just responded to your first email and I find this one as insulting as
    the last. Yes I am a power seller and I have over 2000 positive comments, I did not get them by stealing from people. I have asked for the info I need in the other mail and I advise you forward it along with a bit of courtesy. I do not takes threats lightly. If I was going to rip you off I just wouldn't have
    bothered sending anything, certainly not a load of paper.

>From: grandma0330@hotmail.com [mailto:grandma0330@hotmail.com]
    >Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004, 9:28 AM
    >Subject: Question for item #8117072973 - Nintendo World Championship 1990 Gold
    >Cart! Ultra Rare!
    >
    >Dear bubboboo,
    >
    >I thought I would also respond through this venue...so as to document my
    >communication. You have sent me a package of paper, instead of the cart.
    >Clearly to be able to say "he signed for it". As stated in my other email, I
    >opened it at the post office,so as to verify it's contents. Our postmaster was
    >kind enough to document the contents. I trust I can expect an explanation from
    >you. Power-seller,huh?
    >
    >To respond to the question online, go to the URL below. You will have the
    >option to display your response directly on your item page.
    >
    >
    >http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws1/ebayIS...d=8117072973&q
    >id=162009191
    >
    >
    >================================================= =============================
    >==
    >Item #/Item Title End Date
    >
    >================================================= =============================
    >==
    >8117072973 Jul-18-04
    >Nintendo World Championship 1990 Gold Cart! Ultra Rare!
    >
    >
    >Thank you,
    >player-2.game-exchange
    >
    >------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >--
    >
    >Get a free icon on your item by offering Postage
    >discounts to incent buyers for purchasing multiple items.
    >http://payments.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayIS...erences&mode=0
    >
    >
    >
    >Marketplace Safety Tips:
    >
    >
    >Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without
    >bidding on and winning the item on eBay? These "off eBay" transactions violate
    >eBay policy and may be unsafe. You can report it at
    >http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policie...ale.html.Learn more
    >about safe trading at http://pages.ebay.co.uk/securitycenter.
    >
    >eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy
    >Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask
    >their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit
    >card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email.
    >For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account,
    >please visit http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account_protection.html.
    >
    >This eBay notice was sent to yggdrasil@ziplip.com based on your eBay account
    >preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To review our Privacy
    >Policy, please visit http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-priv.html. To
    >change your notification preferences, please visit:
    >http://cgi4.ebay.co.uk/ws1/eBayISAPI...inLoginShow.If you would like to
    >receive this email in HTML format, click here:
    >http://cgi4.ebay.co.uk/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?OptinLoginShow.
    >
    >Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and
    >brands are the property of their respective owners.
    >
    >eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
    >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Headers
    Received: from 10.1.0.21 (EHLO 10.1.0.21 10.1.0.21 [10.1.0.21] (may be forged))
    by 10.1.0.21 with ESMTP id JRJ4IEDXIEN2MFJUIAKLAGMGKOKDKKGJJVFWBTJU
    for <yggdrasil@ziplip.com>; 18 Aug 2004 12:13:04 -0700 (PDT)
    Message-ID: <JRJ4IEDXIEN2MFJUIAKLAGMGKOKDKKGJJVFWBTJU@ziplip.c om>
    Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:13:04 -0700 (PDT)
    To: edna roach <grandma0330@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Re: nwc false shipment
    Cc:
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-ZLPwdHint:

I beg your pardon? Before making silly accusations I would check your facts.
    Firstly can you tell me the weight of the parcel, the tracking number from the blue and white international recorded slip and the address it was sent to and how was it written. You see, I have the other half of the international recorded docket here and it means it is insured, I would hardly send you paper so I would not be able to claim on the insurance. Also, If that little comment is meant to be a threat then forget it. I know you think you can probably come over here and throw your wait around like most Americans but in this case you are very wrong.

If you want my full co-operation in this matter then you might want to try
    talking to me properly. I have all the documents I need to claim on the
    insurance and to prove this item was posted.

>From: edna roach [mailto:grandma0330@hotmail.com]
    >Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004, 9:16 AM
    >Subject: nwc false shipment
    >
    >I guess you were expecting this email...concerning the package of plain
    >white paper you shipped me. Since the package was flexible, I opened it at
    >the post office where I picked it up and signed for it. Our post-master
    >documented the contents (plain white paper) so there would be no confusion as to its contents (you should have at least put a duck-hunt in it, so as to appear to contain a game). Your mis-address of the package (both name and address ) was not a problem...one of the advantages of living in a small town is everyone knows who you are, and the lack of a return address was an >odd thing to do ( an attempt to cause a loss in the mail, I suppose). I await your explanation of this deciet. I believe it was a clear fraud from >the first second. I hope you can prove me mistaken. I trust you are not >naive enough to believe that an ocean offers protection. I can be reached >through www.Player-2.com or at player2@hiwaay.net or through a reply to this email. I am curious to hear your response....or lack of one.

So 3 of the 4 emails I sent and not a single reply. I suppose you are going to claim I have manafactured these too? Also, It would not matter how many accounts one has, you can only send second chance offers from the account the item was sold from, I have asked ebay to tell me the ip of the where it came from and waiting for their response.

More to the point I think you should give me the info I require and give me a chance to sort this out as all you've done so far is make threats. You can take me to court but at the end of the day I have the documentation, the second chance offers will eventually be worked out and everybody will know they did not originate from me, I have all the emails from the transaction to show I have communicated with you (although you claim otherwise), and I have repeatedly asked for the info so I can start a trace or make a claim. However, If you'd rather bring a civil case then go for it! If you think I am just trying to prolong my account then you are very wrong, Next week there will be a couple of hundred more auctions for rare computer stuff, I have no intention of stopping sellerg just because of this.

[mod edit: removed some --- for easier reading]

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Erm...

Your mis-address of the package (both name and address ) was not a problem...one of the advantages of living in a small town is everyone knows who you are, and the lack of a return address was an >odd thing to do ( an attempt to cause a loss in the mail, I suppose).
    So wait the paper that came in the mail was not only adressed to somone else it didn't have a return label? Is it at all possible that it wasn't sent by ddd? Was it post marked from the country he's living in? Was at least very similar to your name and address?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt the readers of this forum care very much about this transaction...other than its "soap-opera" appeal....but I am happy to offer the entertainment if anyone wishes.
    I'd be glad to hear it, for entertainment sake. Interesting story.

But in all seriousness though, I hope that things work out for both of you. I don't know what the true story is, however, I hope that it comes out some time or another. Good luck.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NWC cart

For those of you who are still interested, the seller of this cart has "re-sent" the emails to me...and will, of course, recieve all the info requested. I would be very foolish to try "not to commumicate" , since I am the one currently in the hole. I am sure no one would believe that I am not trying (with great effort ) to make this problem go away...I WANT to communicate !
    For those who want to follow the details: the postmark is from Kidderminster UK ( his town ). I don't have any other packages coming from there. The shipping address was missing half of my last name, 2 out of 5 digits on the street address, and no zip code, and no return address ( on the package...in fairness, I have no idea how the UK system addresses packages). The package has a declared value (not insured value...again, I don't know UK policies on marking packages) of much less than the winning price for the cart. Declared values are mandatory on international shipments...and cannot be insured for more than that declared value.
    He has requested that I communicate in a proper and courteous manner..and he is correct...and I will do exactly that. To make things real clear...I would not/did not threaten an attack against him ( his response was similar to "like most americans feel they can throw their weight around" ). My remark that "it would be naive to believe that an ocean offers protection" was meant simply as a threat/promise to pursue legal action (specifically criminal above civil). It is no longer difficult to protect your rights overseas...the world has gotten much smaller in the last twenty years. Besides, if I tried to "get" people who screw me over....burglaries, vandals, shoplifters, checks, etc. , I would be fighting every week . And getting my ass whipped most of the time . "Vacationing" in that country would be a very probable event. It would be deductible, as I would definitely devote some time to this issue . And I hear it's a fine country.
    I don't know how "proper" it is to discuss this topic on this forum, but I have had dozens of emails requesting more info, so here it is. My position has not changed one bit....nor have any of the facts in my earlier posts. I hope this can be solved easily (now that he is feeling a litle pressure from his peers), but I expect it will wind up in a criminal proceeding (much like a bad check that the issuer refuses to or is unable to rectify...just larger).
    I will pursue this for a short time, and if unsuccesful, will turn it over to an employee to keep active. Please don't take this as pompous, but when all is said and done...this is no more than a month's rent at one of my stores. I'm ticked personally because it's an NWC cart.
    I won't be posting any more on this issue...since the seller has begun to communicate with me now. But I will answer any questions privately. I would not have brought this to this forum had I not noticed that buyatari was possibly going to fall in the same hole.
    On a side note, multiple ebay accounts are not unusual at all. I do more than video games. Some accounts are exclusive to certain kinds of buying(wholesale lots, small resale items,display signage, etc.), certain products to be sold on certain accounts, and to separate one business from another, as well as personal from private. Also, don't ever be impressed by the word "power-seller". Just sell a couple expensive items and a half dozen cheap items for three consecutive months...and don't screw too many customers (max 2 %)...and you are a powerseller. woohoo. My powerseller accounts are all accidents and have no value or meaning to me. It's a "carrot" for sellers to feel important. It's cool, but that's it.
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the positive and supportive mail I have recieved from members and readers of this site. At one time, I was really bent about the negative tone toward some buyers here (and I recieived a few of those emails yesterday too..."ha ha, you deserve it"... "your a fool for paying so much"..."what kind of idiot would trust someone overseas" kind of stuff). But it is very clear to me now that most (almost all) the participants here are very good folks, with just a sprinkling of children making way too much noise. I'll get used to this internet stuff one day . Take care...and always have fun!
    just checking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So. Much. Text.

Makes. Eyes. Hurt.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe someone from Player-2's home town stole the game.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

wow...too much to read...i didnt read every word, but this is a crazy situation....i hope things get sorted out and it proves to be the mis doing of someone else and not the buyer and or seller.....

hopefully you guys can get this worked out, with no lose to either of you monetarily
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by v1rich
    Maybe someone from Player-2's home town stole the game.
    It's hard to know what has happened, But the User name bubboboo came up alot (between myself and other ebayers in the UK) in the last few years, and it wasn't good stuff either?

I'm not defending Player-2 (Doug ) either but everyone should keep an open mind!

..XS

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even I can remember that the name bubboboo had some sort of stigma to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NESu
    Even I can remember that the name bubboboo had some sort of stigma to it
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

..XS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, Achika and I go away for a few days and this is what happens?? Well, I'll leave this one open, but I'd appreciate it if only the INVOLVED parties respond to this thread.

In my opinion, this certainly sounds scam-o-riffic to me.

Danny

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Not our fault.

I'd love to hear from Player 2 or the other guy as to what happens of this, though. Someone got scammed big time.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, Achika and I go away for a few days and this is what happens?? Well, I'll leave this one open, but I'd appreciate it if only the INVOLVED parties respond to this thread.
    Eh? It's not exactly nuclear war at the moment. And it has brought up a rather important issue - which is that it appears that new ebay scam has arisen, namely false "Second Chance Offers" being sent.

It's hard to know what has happened, But the User name bubboboo came up alot (between myself and other ebayers in the UK) in the last few years, and it wasn't good stuff either?
    Um, well I did a search on the site for bubbobo and the only result linked to this thread. True, I may have whinged about him before, but only because he was selling the same stuff I was meaning I made less of a profit ... but that is hardly his fault.

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As an ebay member who has actually purchased an item on a second chance offer, I'd thought I'd share my experience to help prevent scams like qweertyyyy's from taking place ever again.

When a second chance offer is created, an actual auction is created by ebay listing the item (with a new item#) at a BIN for the second chance price. The auction remains open for 24 hours and only the second chance offeree can purchase the item.

So the alleged second chance offer sent by qweertyyyy clearly is clearly fraudulent in that it only references the original auction and not any new auction created for the second chance offer.

Hope this helps and prevents this from happening again.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All correct, except one minor point - the length of the new "Buy it Now" auction that is created by the second chance offer can last varying amounts of time - the seller can choose from several options - from 24 hours up to about 5 days I think. I usually choose give 3 days, when I send Second Chance Offers.

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are there any news on what happened to the NWC cart? Im very intrigued about this situation...