Thread: My thoughts on MK DA for gc...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My thoughts on MK DA for gc...

Got the game about 3 hours ago and I just walked away from it. I was a bit pissed at first that you dont use the control stick rather the control pad insted, but after about 2 mins of playing I did not even notice. Combos are amazing, the switching between fighting styles at first was hard to do mid combo but after a few attempts can be pulled off without hesitation. I have only seen one fatality Scorpion's very nice.
    Deffinitly a must play for any MK fan, Rent it first if you must but save the $5 and put it toward buying it.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sounds cool. i heard each character has only one fatality. is that true?

gonna have to rent for now anyways, cant afford it, plus i think im just gonna wait until its 20-30 bucks.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far I only seen one per, at least thats whats listed in the guide, but rumors have it add. fatalitys probably will be unlocked, there is alot to unlock in this game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got to play it for about an hour at a Nintendo party, and I loved it. I've already reserved it for PS2, the control stick thing bothered me too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: My thoughts on MK DA for gc...

Quote Originally Posted by dan2357
    Got the game about 3 hours ago and I just walked away from it. I was a bit pissed at first that you dont use the control stick rather the control pad insted, but after about 2 mins of playing I did not even notice. Combos are amazing, the switching between fighting styles at first was hard to do mid combo but after a few attempts can be pulled off without hesitation. I have only seen one fatality Scorpion's very nice.
    Deffinitly a must play for any MK fan, Rent it first if you must but save the $5 and put it toward buying it.

Speaking of Fatalities that one that you saw was it the spear to the head?? Well Ill just say that at a certain E3 show I attended I happened to walk to the mid-way booth and play a game of MK with ED BOON which I just happened to win both rounds. Well after him laughing at how bad he sucked I told him I had this Crazy idea about Scorpian and perhaps bringing back the comedy relief to the MK series so I told him about my plans to add something I called
    OOPS-A-LITIES , he was like what?? I was like yeah Ive been thinking why not add a feature like this , Let me just tell you one of my fatalitie ideas and then if you like it Ill tell you some more. He then was like ok go ahead ( By the way Ed did you know we live in the same town) Well ed here goes you have Scorpian right you hear FINISH HIM and then Scorpian walks up to the Enemy and places an apple on his head jumps backs and throws the spear at the enemy but totally misses the apple and spears the guy right in the FACE. Hence OOPS-A-LITIES, he then proceeds to Crack up in my face and nearly fall to the ground. " I was like what you dont like it " Ed boon replies you should seriously consider making games shakes my hand and walks away like Ryu's ending in SF2 but a loser cause I skooled his ass. I then scream at him "ED" he turns " You and I man we can be great team Come on TOBIAS is gone. He grins and continues to walk. But getting back to the GAME one of Scorpian's Fatalities in this game features something I mentioned to him the Spear to the head minus the apple and OOPS-A-LITIE concept. What a RAT BASTARD.

Thanks

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My problem with all of the mortal kombat's after MK2(3?) is that I DON'T WANT COMBOS.

I liked this game because there WEREN'T any combos. If I wanted combos, I would get Killer Instinct or Tekken.

Honestly, I've never understood this obsession fighting games have with "combo's" Not only is it very unrealistic, it's BORING. Learna combo and win. All you have to do in ANY of the tekken games is learn 1-2 7-10 hit combos, and do them over and over again and you WILL win. Just no fun to me...
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like combos, just not how they were set up in mk3. the combos is mk2 were timing and juggle based, and thus much harder to do. i liked that, and it made for some interesting combos. in mk3 it was just HP,HP,LP,LK,HK for example, so all you had to do was memorize.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't really consider MK2 as having combos. There were some bugs they left in where you could juggle, and there were a few legitimate 2-3 hits juggle combos (Falling backwards and hit with a fireball or freeze).

The combos I was referring to are exactly as you said in MK3, memorizing. It can be fun, but not in EVERY fighting game ever made. To me, any game won by memorizing moves, or relying on a bug/cheesy pattern shouldn't even count as "winning"

My other problem with newer fighting games is too many damn special moves. I liked it when each character had a fighting STYLE with 2-3 Special moves each. I shouldn't have to print out a 10 page document for each character's moves.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The nice thing is that your special moves ( freezing, fireball, etc) can be performed using the same buttons no matter what fighting style your in. So you could just pick a style you like and only use that one, and still have access to the special moves just not all the combos.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Jorge
    But getting back to the GAME one of Scorpian's Fatalities in this game features something I mentioned to him the Spear to the head minus the apple and OOPS-A-LITIE concept. What a RAT BASTARD.
    Not sure if you're joking about the rat bastard part, but if you're not... You have to realize that the fatalities were determined long before you spoke to Boon and told him about your oops thing. In other words, he didn't take your idea, if that's what you're getting at.

What I'm wondering is: has anybody put in much play time on MK5 on all three systems, or two systems in a side by side comparison? If so, what do you think? Does one version have substantially better graphics than the others? I didn't see much difference between the XBox and PS2 versions at E3, but they were early betas...
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Jorge
    But getting back to the GAME one of Scorpian's Fatalities in this game features something I mentioned to him the Spear to the head minus the apple and OOPS-A-LITIE concept. What a RAT BASTARD.
    Not sure if you're joking about the rat bastard part, but if you're not... You have to realize that the fatalities were determined long before you spoke to Boon and told him about your oops thing. In other words, he didn't take your idea, if that's what you're getting at.

What I'm wondering is: has anybody put in much play time on MK5 on all three systems, or two systems in a side by side comparison? If so, what do you think? Does one version have substantially better graphics than the others? I didn't see much difference between the XBox and PS2 versions at E3, but they were early betas...

Im not actually joking I told him this Idea at E3 99 when they were show-casing MK GOLD ON THE DC.........!

Thanks