Thread: Anybody know where to get these?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anybody know where to get these?

Hi,

For awhile now I've been searching for a way to preserve my game boxes and I found out that there are plastic "box stabilizers/protectors" that do this. From pictures I've seen of them, I can tell that they are basically a rectangle that fit around a box and keep its shape and also prevent dings, etc. I rememeber the ebay seller callistoo having them up for auction a few times, but I never thought to buy from her. Since then I have spotted some in various other auctions. Although, when I asked an individual who had them - they couldn't remember where they were purchased. Does anybody have an idea of where I can get some of these? I am spefically looking for ones for NES, SNES and N64 game boxes. Any help is appreciated.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you mean those boxes games are in , in stores like circuit city and TRU and whatnot?
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope. The things you are talking about are thick plastic cases that need to be unlocked with a "key". Those are for preventing tampering. The things I'm talking about are lightweight and fit exactly around the boxes. Its kinda like how comic collectors use those acid free bags and boards to store their comics. Wish I could find a picture. I'll go looking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by neschamp
    Nope. The things you are talking about are thick plastic cases that need to be unlocked with a "key". Those are for preventing tampering. The things I'm talking about are lightweight and fit exactly around the boxes. Its kinda like how comic collectors use those acid free bags and boards to store their comics. Wish I could find a picture. I'll go looking.

i know exactly what you are looking for....but i dont know where to get any.....last time i saw them was on ebay....did you try that?
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I've searched ebay and I haven't been able to find an auction for a lot of these. A couple times in the past I found auctions in which a sealed or complete game had one on the box. Since then - no luck. Anybody else have a clue where I could find some?

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Walk into a video store rental place and ask them where they get theirs from (the manufacturer) and then call that place adn see if they have any stockpiles of them.... I got a bunch a while back for N64 Games