Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Most Irritating Collectors

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Most Irritating Collectors

To me, the greatest collector is the one who only collects those games which he likes to play. I do not appreciate some other collectors, for example:

The Collector who only Collects Rares. These people often fail to figure out why many games are rare, because they suck.

The Collector who only Collects, never plays. Unless you have a love of artwork, why bother? Go collect something else.

The Investor, buying low and selling high. These are the parasites of the world.

The Collector who must have 3 of everything. Nothing is eternal.

The Unorganized Collector. No wonder why he spent money on something he already owns. Unorganized shelves are unsightly.

The Hoarder of the Unavailable. This fellow will keep his prototypes to himself , keeping them from being dumped and enjoyed by others.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What's the point of this topic anyways?

Anyways, what about the collector who buys 1 of every game, and plays the ones he wants? That's what I am, I love gaming, I love the hobby, the games, and I want to own as much as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread is just a "Please flame me" thread. That is all.

I'm not saying if I agree with him or not, it's just he's asking for some punishment verbally from some people.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3 of everything!? I'll have you know my best friend has FOUR copies of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete for PSX (Each with different Artwork on the CD's) and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

3's company....but 4 is a crazy man's game...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate the collectors who pay four/five/six... times the right price for games in ebay inflating the prices of all games for all collectors because everyone is using ebay as a price guide now .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

well i for one love to play my nes and love to collect nes, and my ultimate goal is to have every US released title. so while i buy the games i like/will play, it will also require buying alot of games that i will not play. sort of incorporates what i like doing with a twist

and in regards to having 3 of every game, i have no problem in that. good for trade bait to get games you dont have and want/need. another reason to have more of one game, is to have a playing copy, and a copy for the collection. example, i have 2 copies of kickle cubicle, a loose one that i will play, and a mint complete one that i will not play, so the mint one stays mint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The only collectors I don't care for are the ones that worry about how other people collect. Everyone's in this for their own reasons, and that's good enough for me. I've never met a videogame collector who didn't like collecting for SOME reason.

I could shoot down everyone of those pseduo-slams in the original post, but I've got too many unavailables to hoard, sucky rares to track down ... oh yeah, and games to play.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    The only collectors I don't care for are the ones that worry about how other people collect. Everyone's in this for their own reasons, and that's good enough for me. I've never met a videogame collector who didn't like collecting for SOME reason.

I could shoot down everyone of those pseduo-slams in the original post, but I've got too many unavailables to hoard, sucky rares to track down ... oh yeah, and games to play.
    And on that note......the topic ended.

Flack's always got a way with words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Collector who must have 3 of everything. Nothing is eternal.
    Well since I hat lets see here: 14 pac man carts; 16 combat carts; 12 missile commands; and 9 asteroids carts, you must want me dead. I really see no point too haveing so many granted but who the hell am I gunna give em too?
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Backgammon
    I hate the collectors who pay four/five/six... times the right price for games in ebay inflating the prices of all games for all collectors because everyone is using ebay as a price guide now .
    Ditto, I have been saving up for two weeks to get a complete Snes Chrono Trigger.
    If you have done a deal with me, please let me know asap i want to create a refrences list

"Everyone goes through tragedy."

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

VB(complete), Vectrex, NES, SNES, XE,Coleco,7800...i want everything carts only and i will play them all, again and again and again......

ps, ps2, DC, n64, sms, gc, tg-16....i want only the playable games.

now that being said...i will buy everything i want to play nce, or make a buck off of.... or if i find a deal i "rescue" it from the underbelly of some 10yo who knows nothing.. i will seal and sel it here for nonprofit like i do most things.

regardless i am happy to swipe a game from under you knows because your blind or dumb......suck it tribek
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

yea, the only thing i hate is the "what should i collect collectors" ........... buy what you want, or what you will enjoy, not what others will tell you you will like......buy a game or 2 for a system and if you dont like it, try something else....find what you like and stick with it
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack

hate using that smiley, not calling flack stupid, just agreeing with the post. Maybe I should just say "+1"
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why bother being irritated with other collectors?just concentrate on your collection,and dont worry what other people collect.i mean really,do you think i give a shit if some person wants to have 50 of every system?hell,as long as i get my gaming stuff,im cool with other collectors.if some one buys games cheap,just to turn around to sell for more,thats there business.just dont buy from them.i have more then one nes,sms,genesis,super nes,and ps1.the only reason,because i got the double and triples at a deal.i collect regular release,and greatest hit,players choice,etc,of the same game.so what?its a free world and as long as i have the cash,i will do what i want.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate cats...and my job.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might own three of a game because they were a good deal. When a see a box of NES games for $3.00 and I already have all of the titles in the box I might still buy it, because I can't pass up a good deal. Someone once paid $40 each for those games and I can not get them for .50 each.

When time permits I takes a system with a bunch of commons and sell them on ebay. Not to make money but to get someone else started in collecting or give them some of the joy of playing old games again. I sure don't do it for the money. Setting up a sale and shipping takes a lot of time. My time is worth a hell of a lot more than the profit I make.

The Joy of collecting is sharing it with others.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Investor, buying low and selling high. These are the parasites of the world.
    I've done this. The best thing ABOUT Valkyrie Profile is that you can buy it for $35 at Gamestop and sell it for $70 on EBay

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by link1110
    I've done this. The best thing ABOUT Valkyrie Profile is that you can buy it for $35 at Gamestop and sell it for $70 on EBay

I agree with link1110 here. It's called Marketing dude! The Stock Market does it daily, so do we!
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, so these are our only choices as collectors, should we ever decide to sell:

1. Make a profit by buying low and selling high
    2. Take a loss by buying high and selling low.
    3. Break even

Or in other words, as the Great Hierophant so eloquently describes them:

1. Be a parasite
    2. Be an idiot
    3. Waste time

No wonder most people choose #1, there's always #2 to feed on, and #3 is just as tasty, but #2 is always starving to death, and #3 might as well starve!

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Buying and selling is what makes our economy exist. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to buy on ebay. People who pay more on ebay are paying for the convenience of not running to 5 different stores to look for a specific game title. If you don't like it then too bad, but it is a way of life. I buy and sell all the time and I usually turn a profit which enables me to buy more. I never understand why people frown on it. If I take the time to find something , list it and deal with the nonsense of selling it , I deserve any profit I earn.