Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by sku_u
    Got mine today. I've read through some of the sections and minus the occasional typo that'll show up on any 1st edition, I thought it was very well put together.

My only gripe is that the Watara Supervision wasn't included. There seems to be a lot more interest in that system then in the Pico and R-Zone in the collecting community. :P
    No problem, I've got the SuperVision section, it was cut at the very last minute. One day very soon I'm going to surprise everyone with an online freebie.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Joe in the Saturn section the Demo CD's at the end of the listing seem to have gotten doubled up everything in there appears twice

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine today and I have to say: MIGHTY IMPRESSIVE!

This is truly a great team effort, even mere 5 guys couldn't have done it. The amount of entries is unbelievable, and so is the work associated with it. I was twice involved in publishing academic bibliographies, and I know how tedious, difficult, and time consuming it is to get reliable data and list detailed information; problems occur where you never expected it; and to get reliable data for videogames is more difficult than for books.

Just to have a complete game list for the PS1 is great.

I liked especially the comments about the 300 games in the N64 section. Nicely written, informative, and spot-on. I'm aware that there was just not enough space to do the same for the 1399 PS1 games.

So far I just glanced at it for 45 minutes. Mistakes made will be discovered, but this is unavoidable (!) for a reference guide of this magnitude.

Amazing, if you think about it, is the fact that with two guides on our bookshelves we have for every console system released in America every game released with release date, publisher and developer...and even got information beyond that.

These two guides are THE reliable source for videogames. Congrats to everyone who was involved and made it possible! You gave birth to a great and nice-looking child.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Got mine yesterday (yay!). Love it! However, whatever happened to my GameBoy Color screenshots? They were completely omitted from the screenshot section (you have the GB page followed by the Game Gear page).

Also, for the next printing, it might be a good idea to update SlyDC's bio. It's his bio from the 8-bit book and it barely applies to the Advance guide.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted to thank everyone who worked so hard on both guides. I finally got mine today and almost did a happy dance in my driveway when I saw the padded envelope lol. Both guides are totally awesome, and will surely distract me from household chores and schoolwork for the foreseeable future.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last few days I've been writing up my Playstation collection and the guide has helped me fill in a few fields and also decide on some future additions I'll want to look for. I have noticed some errors in release dates, though...I'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I've already noticed a couple of games listed as being released in November of this year (meaning this month) which have actually been out for awhile. I can't remember all the ones I've seen but Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James is one. It's release date is listed as 11/1/2004. Could that have been transposed? Could the actual date have been 1/11/2004?

I haven't checked that much out in this database section so I apologize if this has already been covered.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    I can't remember all the ones I've seen but Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James is one. It's release date is listed as 11/1/2004. Could that have been transposed? Could the actual date have been 1/11/2004?
    It's definitely older then that. I'm pretty sure it was released 11/2001.

-Mike

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

That's one for our PlayStation team. I'll forward them this link so they can make the necessary changes online. Thanks for the heads up!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

11/04 is indeed incorrect. There were a few dates that might have been either transposed and or just mistyped when the stuff was entered for the final run before DP:A. We're (Dangerboy and I) working on update #1 (which is aimed at some of the typo's ect.) and hope to have it up and done this weekend (work permitting).

Anything else anyone finds please post it here, or shoot me off a PM and we'll get that corrected in the master listings.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One other small item...just a typo, I imagine...is Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. There are two listed, both as "2nd Edition"...the 2nd one obviously should be "3rd" editiion...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe, Is there any plans to release a revised DP Advance book anytime in the coming months? Im asking because I want to pick up a copy this coming week but Im wondering If I should hold off in case you plan on releasing one soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX01
    Joe, Is there any plans to release a revised DP Advance book anytime in the coming months? Im asking because I want to pick up a copy this coming week but Im wondering If I should hold off in case you plan on releasing one soon.
    Come off it, this one was only released about 3 months ago.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Yup! simply wait for the addendum.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come off what? Im not a publisher nor an author, therefor I have no idea on how these things work. Nothing wrong with simply asking a question.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Come off what? Im not a publisher nor an author, therefor I have no idea on how these things work. Nothing wrong with simply asking a question.
    Woah woah.... everyone take a deep breath.

I think I can speak for DP and everyone whos doing/done work for the site when I say that there is no immedate PRINT addendum to DP:A. The book was a long while in the making, and its not cheap to reproduce another one (especially when im sure that there are still a few copies of DP:A left to sell in the first place).
    So what you get to use these amazing books for are as a guide to help you get info about your favorite systems, and new discoveries, and everything inbetween. The Online guide(just over there on the left side of your screen) is updated with much regularity and that can/will reflect corrections for any and all errors (as they are discovered) and the master lists are corrected by their handlers.

So dont let a few errors prevent you from getting one of these books. Really most errors are incredibly small and they do not detract from the usefulness or sheer amount of info crammed into this 512 page tome.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I wasn't getting angry. It was just a simple question and I dont know why it became such an issue. One simple Yes or No answer would have been perfect, but instead I got this. Some people are just too quick to read between the lines and assume something completely false. I dont know if everyone thought I meant something different other than what I wrote or what.

About the DP Advance book, I dont doubt its excellent, in fact thats why I want it because I heard it was such. I wasn't making an issue about the errors either, but just asking a question before I sent the money in case the was a revised book in the works. Either way, I had every intention on getting it.

All of this was a misunderstanding I suppose.... :/

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

There's no revised edition planned as of yet. Our next project will be a revised "classic" edition, as that book was released in 2002.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    There's no revised edition planned as of yet. Our next project will be a revised "classic" edition, as that book was released in 2002.
    Thanks Joe.