Picked this up today. I have to say, I am very happy with the new Burnout. Most definitely worth the 49.99 admission price. I was a little worried when I found out EA games would have a hand in putting this one out, as they aquired Criterion from Acclaim.

Crash Mode-Most excellent. Steering your car after the crash and being able to blow it up (sometimes more than once) to cause more damage is sweet. trying to grab all of the multiplier icons is a nice extra as well.Added to the fact that in it can help or hurt your score. Nothing like crashing a car strategically.

Racing: A huge improvement over last year. The AI has been given a much need boost. As a result, races are not as much of a push-over as before. The com. controlled drivers will pay you back if they get a chance. Again, the extras that are added make the racing that much better. The boost meter plays a bigger factor in the outcome of a race. There are a ton of ways to get your boost meter to fill.So, even if a driver is at the back of the pack, adding to the boost can jet one to the front in no time. Also, it's nice that you can once again steer a hulking beast after a wreck to nail opponets.

Graphics are crisp and the sound department is almost overwhelming. Nothing like watching glass,metal, and tires fly with life like sound all from the comfort of ones living room. All that is missing is the smell of burning rubber, heated metal, and various car fluids.

Criterion could have just released a Burnout 2 sports style update and it would have sold through the roof. Instead, they release a perfect console homage to classic arcade style racing.

I miss going to the arcades if only to pop in 4 quarters to play the newest "sit in the car" cab. Arcade racing is back and better than ever.

Thanks Criterion/EA.

Burnout 3 Fucking rocks! \m/

Time to get a few beers and call up the friends.