Thread: Turbo Lister Problems anyone?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Turbo Lister Problems anyone?

Just got my computer back running again after a long hiatus without a monitor, and downloaded about 5 meg of updates for Turbo Lister.

However it seems that now, every time I add a new item, it takes about 2 minutes to save it, and now it is just crashing when I try to add new items.

Is there a limit to how many items you can hold on Turbo Lister? I have about 400 individual items, all with pics.

I really need to have it working smoothly to facilitate my grand sell off ... which, incidentally, has started - Devil Dice and Mr. Driller for PS1 are up now. Start slow, and then build up, that's the plan ... 32X stuff will be next, probably next week.

If anyone wants a copy of Virtua Racing for the 32X - boxed with manual, PAL version, for £5 including postage then PM me. First two replies get the deal!

Vroomfunkel

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hopefully you've backed up your database?
    If not, try backing it up, then:
    Compact the database.
    Try and see if it's working right.

If that doesn't work, you COULD just remove and re-install TL. Make sure you remember where you put your backup database so ytou can load it after you re-install.

Another thing you could TRY with that many items, is put them in different folders so it doesn't have to load them all everytime.

Try going here, and go to the turbolister forum, but you don't get TOO many answers there. If you're a powerseller, call your PS rep and have them fix it.
    http://pages.ebay.com/community/boards/index.html
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

I did try removing and re-installing TL a while back, because it was just crashing every time I opened it. It worked a little better for a while.

I do have my items in different folders, by system - but this doesn't seem to reduce the hang time at all ... I am a power seller, but I am the lowest of the low powersellers ("bronze"), so I am not sure that I have a rep. I'll have to check my info pack when I get back.

Are there any other free auction listing tools I could use? I am getting a bit fed up with Turbo Lister ..

If there is one that can use my existing TL database that would be even better .. but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wishful thinking it is.
    As I said, make sure you compact your user database (it's in the drop down menu bar up top somewhere). But backup first just in case.

Turbolister is a resource HOG. Try re-booting and ONLY opening TL. I have a VERY high end computer and it runs worse than anything else I own. I can have 10 windows open including 2 bit torrents, video ripping/editing, DVD Burning, IM, DBPoweramp, and other progs with NO problems.
    But the second I open TL, it slows WAY down.

If you subscribe to Selling manager pro, you can send all of your listings online and edit/list them there, but SMP is like $15 a month or something.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hmm

I will definitely do the compacting thing. I just had another thought too. I keep all my old items in Turbo Lister because it saves so much time if (as often happens) I come across items I have sold previously.

But perhaps I could just save that database of old items somewhere and start afresh with all the new stuff I need to put on. And then if I need something from the previous items lot, just hook that database up to TL as and I need it. A slightly unwieldy way of dealing with it, but probably better than the horrendous problems I am having adding stuff to it at the moment.

But I'll definitely try compacting it first and see what difference that makes. Thanks!

Vroomfunkel

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had to switch which computer I use TL with, because my older one just couldn't handle it anymore. It was behaving the same way you've described.

What are the specs of the PC you are using? My older PC was a K6-2 450. My newer one is a 2GHz Athlon. Although it is still slow, TL runs without problems for me now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BTW, you DO have powerseller support at bronze level. You have 24/7 e-mail support with an actual person, but no phone support until silver level.

Go to site map, and click powerseller benefits.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use a Celeron 833 Mhz, with 128MB RAM ... i guess i need to upgrade really. I've got a new laptop which is 2.2Ghz so maybe I should just transfer all my TL stuff to that.

Vroomfunkel