Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFVII SEQUAL ANNOUNCED!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMFG!!! FF7 ACTION GAME WHAT COULD BE BETTER!?? AHHH IM SOOOO HAPPY!!!
    lol
    ok so im not really happy, in my opinion the only final fantasy's worth playing were 1-3.
    and especially now that i know its a cell phone game, and i dont even own one, much less would i sit around attempting to play a game on one, i care even less. x_x
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    Heh, I THINK this MAY have been directed at me. Actually, I fit into the FIRST category you mentioned. I'm just disturbed because Square seems bound and determined to ruin the franchise.
    Actually, I didn't even get to your post before I got disgusted and wrote that, heheh.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Full moon tonight? Holy shit you guys.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wasn't the whole "gimmick" of the Final Fantasy series that there were no true sequels?
    SO not the Drama.

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Possible
    wasn't the whole "gimmick" of the Final Fantasy series that there were no true sequels?
    Yeah... But ya gotta admit that sometimes when you just fall in love with the story, characters and world, you absolutely can't wait to revisit it (and hope they don't mess it up).

I'm looking forward to anything continuing the FFVII universe and to see if it (depending on sales, I'm sure) eventually leads back to a sequel RPG.

Now only if they would do something more with the world of FFVI!!!

Yeah, and monkeys might fly outta my butt and teach me braille.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ehrgeiz. 'Nuff said.

(Holy crap, I think I actually spelt that right.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho
    Ehrgeiz. 'Nuff said.

(Holy crap, I think I actually spelt that right.)
    WOW! I haven't thought of Ehrgeiz in a while! I think I'll play it for a bit tonight.... Though I'm pretty sure I still suck at it.

- MST3K

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23
    And here I thought the sequel to FF VII would have been FF VIII...how silly of me
    FF 8 is not a sequel to FF 7. Different worlds & characters.

I bet FF7 - Vincent';s Adventure will be crappy as those FF Legends games.Pass

I want to see FF7 redone with PS3 graphics. like Mario All-Stars was upgraded.
    Wakka Wakka Wakka - CHOMP -
    NINTENDO: NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
    "Have You Played Atari Today?"

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being a hugr FF guy, and 7 being my fav...im not TO thrilled that its not a true rpg..im sure there will be some rpg elements in it but im not gonna bash it untill i see more on it...it says a 2005 release BUT then again this is square-enix where talking about so my guess is it will end up being released in 2006 and get thrown in with all the ps3 mumbo jumbo
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicthumbs
    Yeah... But ya gotta admit that sometimes when you just fall in love with the story, characters and world, you absolutely can't wait to revisit it (and hope they don't mess it up).

Ah, but therein lies the rub. The chance they will screw it up is extemely great. Its hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice (ask George Lucas), and if FFVII left you wanting more, then it did its job, and that only contributes to its greatness as a game (or even piece of art!)

Trust me I share your feelings of love for the world of FFVII, its one of the best RPG's I've ever played, but I'm content to have spent my time there and am better for the experience. I don't need it tarnished by inferior sequels.
    SO not the Drama.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it just me or did the whole sequel nonsense start when Square and Enix merged? Perhaps its part of the Enix influence?

-Tritium
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every time a new game is announced or about to be released all the fans (not fan boys, that's pretty negative - just fans) get all excited and those that don't care say "eh, I don't care."

I'm excited for this stuff. I loved FFVII, it was a great gaming experience - the gameplay was fun, it was the first rpg that I became attached to, and I loved the story - sure there are MUCH better games out there with better gameplay and onnovation etc etc, but the Story of FFVII was great, perhaps if it was released at a different time, it would not have made such an impact like it did - none the less the way that it was executed from creation to release made the game a kick ass piece of art.

I'm excited for this Prequel and sequel - mainly because they are not out yet. FF Before Crisis might play terribly clunky, since it's cell phone only. The Vincent game might suck - but right now we are at the anticipation part.

I can't wait for all three - right now the name of FFVII has yet to be tarnished, but the possibility is more real now than ever. Let's be patiant and find out - I'm going to be postive about these releases even though I LOve FFVII and I'm very worried about these mucking up the great taste in my mouth that the first one left behind. I'm positive that Advent Children will be great, but the other two are yet to be seen...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tritium
    Is it just me or did the whole sequel nonsense start when Square and Enix merged? Perhaps its part of the Enix influence?
    I grow weary of this "Enix is ruining Square!" or "Square is ruining Enix!" crap... :/ FFX-2 was designed BEFORE the merger. I bet the concept of Advent Children was developed before then too.

Really, only the management is mixed. I don't believe either half of the company is influencing the other as far as their projects go. The people who make Square games are the people who made Square games before, and the people who made Enix games are the people who made Enix games before (although, in the case of Enix, most of their titles are from independent development houses, anyway). I don't think there has been much mixing among the teams (thank goodness), if any mixing at all.

There's one exception to this, though. Enix of America closed down, and the Square offices, now Square Enix of America, is solely responsible for localization. Square games are still localized by Square people, but now Enix titles are localized by Square people as well. Not an issue to most, but I personally do notice a difference, and I'm not happy about it. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farfel
    And here I thought the sequel to FF VII would have been FF VIII...how silly of me

FF LEGENDS games weren't even Final Fantasy games. They were just titled that way so that they'd sell. They are part of the MANA series. Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana, etc...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Manimal
    Quote Originally Posted by farfel
    And here I thought the sequel to FF VII would have been FF VIII...how silly of me ;)

FF LEGENDS games weren't even Final Fantasy games. They were just titled that way so that they'd sell. They are part of the MANA series. Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana, etc...
    You're getting the Legends games confused with Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1 AKA the first "Mana" game). The Legends games are part of the SaGa series.