Thread: Recording music from music creation games...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Recording music from music creation games...

I have MTV Music Generator 2 and Funkmaster Flex's Digital Hitz Factory for PS2. I was wondering if anybody here is savvy enough to tell me how to record the songs I make in either program to my computer or an analog source such as a stereo or a boom box. Thanks.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you not just hook up the audio out plugs into your sound card and use something as simple as sound/voice recorder? The method I've always used was to hook up the audio plugs to a stereo and just record it using the tape deck but the quality suffers there.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, junglehunter, but I would like to burn a CD if possible. I know there are some computer and AV wizzes on this site somewhere.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default yah

go down to radio shack and buy a converter that goes from red and white rca(your ps2 outputs) into the headphone jack size(couple bucks), plug it into your input on your sound card, then get a program like music match jukebox or even the sound recorder in windows will work i belive, but if u use the regular sound recorder the files are gonna b huge, then just use a regular burning program and burn them to cd,

its exactly how i record from my turntables, except i record with acid pro so i can edit and fix sound and such,

if you are looking to spend money (or know a goot place to download from) on a good program to record, acid pro or music match jukebox work well, i actully thinnk you can record with the demo version of mmjb but im not 100%

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Re: Recording music from music creation games...

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    I have MTV Music Generator 2 and Funkmaster Flex's Digital Hitz Factory for PS2. I was wondering if anybody here is savvy enough to tell me how to record the songs I make in either program to my computer or an analog source such as a stereo or a boom box. Thanks.
    I haven't seen her around in awhile but our member "Buffy DP" did almost a dozen original compositions using MTV Music Generator 2, the special sampling kit/add-on, and an ordinary household PC.

You might try contacting her but I'm not even sure she's at that address any longer.

Here's the music though. Great stuff.
    http://digitalpress.5u.com/dpsoundz/mp3.htm
    (about 2/3 down the page)