View Poll Results: Would you pay $6.00 for a chance at the Crystal White GameCube?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • Maybe

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Crystal White GameCube

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy Crystal White GameCube

We have one of them available for sale complete with the Crystal White GB Player, Crystal White Controller, JAP Edition of FFCC and all included accessories. Here is the auction we were going to list earlier this year and if you'd like to see pictures, look at the LOWER LEFT of the screen and click on the links.

http://onetruegem.com/products/Cryst...s/FFCCCWGC.htm

As some of you may know, only 150 exist. My question to you all, inspired by the Neo Geo thread, is simply this: If we charged $6.00 per entry requiring a minimum of 300 in total (aggregated from all entries, duh) would you enter? Entries that exceed 400 may be subject to other (randomly drawn) prizes such as the ones listed in the Sword of Mana thread in the buy/sell forum I posted.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I definatly would. So how many is one person allowed to enter?
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There would be no limit on the amount of entries

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnAngel
    There would be no limit on the amount of entries
    Sweetness. I will definatly drop some money into the raffle then.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I should have mentioned that we don't accept PayPal (because we can process credit cards directly). Do you think this would be an issue?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I should have mentioned that we don't accept PayPal (because we can process credit cards directly). Do you think this would be an issue?
    Doubtly... I recommend giving away some smaller prizes such as games to 2nd and third though. Will attract more people.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Absolutely, we could probably offer gift cards or any game of their choice. Believe me, I would want to give a customer something they'd want. If it's not anything we have in stock, it could simply be money. Perhaps the most valuable merchandise we have now other than the FFCC GameCube is a Game Projector, WonderSwan FFII Set and a Limited Edition FLCL Volume 3 so broadening a 2nd and 3rd prize (let alone creating one) is a great idea.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bumpy

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt I would. $6 for a 1 in 300 chance of winning sounds like a waste of $6.

I don't know, other people might be pumped for it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd do it, sounds great!
    Mwerp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessChris

More than that. 300 is the MINIMUM, the real question is what is the MAXIMUM.

From a business standpoint though: minimum 300 entries x $6 an entry = $1800. A whole lotta money and profit. I'd be much more inclined to enter that raffle (and multiple times) if a nice chunk was going to a good cause rather than into the pockets of corporate America (say...Special Olymics ala CGE2K4)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko

From a business standpoint though: minimum 300 entries x $6 an entry = $1800. A whole lotta money and profit. I'd be much more inclined to enter that raffle (and multiple times) if a nice chunk was going to a good cause rather than into the pockets of corporate America (say...Special Olymics ala CGE2K4)
    It's actually not "going into the pockets of corporate America" and I know people might be more inclined to do so because of a charity or similar, but appealing to someone's emotions to buy something isn't really the right thing to do (in this situation). It cost us more than $2,000 to purchase it and we're not profiting from it whatsoever; I figured that I would give a DP member the opportunity to have one as a collector's item because I knew they wouldn't be able to pay the full amount that we did. That's it.

I apologize to everyone for suggesting the GameCube raffle and if it has offended anyone.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hasn't offended me. Those things are expensive as hell. I voted maybe, pending announcement of second and third prizes etc.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell I know I will sign up for it. That is a hell of a collectible.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks you guys Per the suggestion of MarioAllStar, there would have been a shift in the prizes making the FFCC GC the "Grand Prize" and prizes for 1st - 3rd place winners. Depending on the number of entries received, this would keep expanding and the modified group of winners would be 1st to 10th place. The First Place winner would probably receive either their choice of any of the limited edition GBA SPs we have or a $100.00 Visa Gift Card, 2nd place would receive a $50.00 Gift Card and the 3rd receive *something.* (Something good, though!). It would all entirely depend on the amount of entries received because 1st place could receive $200.00 and so forth along the prize line. Thank you guys for your support

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think you offended anyone. And anyone that said it's to much money for one ticket obviously doesn't know the value of this. This is definatly the rarest Japenese gamecube. I am not going to say US cause I don't have much info on the tales of symphonia silver cube.

I will probably be spending about 50 bucks cause I want one of these. I would spend up to a thousand on one..... but not the $2600 your asking. I am not calling it a bad price (just cant afford it).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    I don't think you offended anyone. And anyone that said it's to much money for one ticket obviously doesn't know the value of this. This is definatly the rarest Japenese gamecube. I am not going to say US cause I don't have much info on the tales of symphonia silver cube.

I will probably be spending about 50 bucks cause I want one of these. I would spend up to a thousand on one..... but not the $2600 your asking. I am not calling it a bad price (just cant afford it).
    Yeah, you're right. I knew beforehand that it might be difficult for someone to purchase it so I figured, why not sell it in a unique way? All I want to see is a smile on the winner's face and that really matters to me. It's very difficult to find information on the FFCC GameCube and the only pictures of it you're likely to see of it are from the URL posted in the first message. What needs to be noted about it is that this GameCube was not commercially available for sale and it was given away in a magazine competition in June of last year. Indeed you are correct, it is the rarest GC which exists (the most unique is probably the F-Zero one which was hand painted in an auction some time ago) so finding additional information which isn't repetitive is going to be very difficult. Believe me, I've tried, lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not bad I'll vote yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko

It's actually not "going into the pockets of corporate America" and I know people might be more inclined to do so because of a charity or similar, but appealing to someone's emotions to buy something isn't really the right thing to do (in this situation). It cost us more than $2,000 to purchase it and we're not profiting from it whatsoever; I figured that I would give a DP member the opportunity to have one as a collector's item because I knew they wouldn't be able to pay the full amount that we did. That's it.

I apologize to everyone for suggesting the GameCube raffle and if it has offended anyone.
    Nope not offended. I realize the rarity of it but didn't know it was that valuable. I figured around $1000 or so. Obviously, I was quite wrong, and I thought your company was in it to make big bucks, and not to break even, so I apolgize for that

Still, if you upped the price to $7 per ticket and gave the extra $1 to charity, I'd be willing to do that. $300 can go a long way towards helping someone in need

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks sisko Well, the $6.00 would cover entry for the GC, postage, envelopes, tickets and the cost to process payments (so participants would receive a ticket stub per entry). I've always wanted to give toys to children who have to be hospitalized for long periods, but in doing so, you'd have to enter a formal agreement with organizations which can take some time. One day,my partner and I are going to do that and help handicap children and others who are not able to afford (and do) other things as well.

I suppose you're also right, I guess we could do that and donate it to the Red Cross for those who have been affected by all of the hurricanes and the 3 other hurricanes threatening the eastern cost of the U.S. Whaddya all say?