Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What Dreamcast games DIDN'T you like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

-Mag Force Racing
    -Seaman
    -any game based on a disney movie
    -Ecco
    -Ooga Booga. (It's fun online, but single player is boring)
    -VO:OT (North American Version - They cut out the online play, and never released twinsticks over here)

And yes - I'm gonna say it: SHENMUE

Just couldn't get into it. Plus some of the characters were downright scary lookin'. The only part of the game I really enjoyed was playing Space Harrier.

I find it odd there are so many Power Stone 2 haters, here. I thought the first one sucked and the second was phenomenal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sega GT. I have no idea why it got good reviews at the time. It's horrible. The handling is the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics View Post
    About Chef's Luv Shack: I actually don't mind this game. I'm not saying it's *great* but I don't consider it among the worst. Why?

It does a great job of capturing the look of the show. Nice, clean graphics.

IMO, several of the minigames are better than those in the more popular minigame games (eg, Mario Party, Sonic Shuffle) and even acknowledge the classics (eg Asteroids).

Isaac Hayes. He should be in *more* games.

Trivia - always fun, though the game loses a few points for recycling the same questions a bit too quickly (ie, needed bigger pool of questions).

So there ya go. Please don't read this post as if I think the game is great - it's not. But it was widely available for $5 new and IMO it's worth at least that much.
    I agree. The game is decent, and gets harshly criticized.

That's not to say that the game isn't without its flaws. Here are some that you neglected to mention:

(1) This game was intended for multiplayer action. You will NOT have a good time playing by yourself.

(2) The game could have used more questions; it doesn't take many plays until you begin encountering the same questions you've answered in previous sessions.

(3) For a trivia game with such simplistic graphics, the loading time associated with this game is unacceptable. It takes too long for the game to load up new questions, and these loading sessions happen far too frequently. I'm positive this was a consequence of lazy programming, since games as sophisticated as Soul Calibur have virtually no loading delays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    What are some of the games on this system that you would call SUCKY (and why)?

ECW Anarchy Rulz & WWF Attitude. The worst wrestling games I've ever tried to play. They are pretty much unplayable.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Dynamite Cop was not good. Seaman was bad too. Don't get me on Soinc Adventure 2.... I really hated power stone and power stone 2. D2, Illbleed, and Maken X made me want to cry.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The soccer ones sucked big time. I always had the hope for the PES series, but unfortunately, the system died untimely.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

I remember a shooting game that was bad. I think it was called Death Crimson.. That was bleh.. One of my friends told me that Timestalkers is so bad, that it made her want to beat small children. And it was supposed to be like Landstalker...

Chef's luv shack isn't that bad as long as you don't pay more than $2 for it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sega Rally 2. I would still play it if the frame rate didn't suck so bad. It's a shame b/c the arcade version is a blast.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Dragging this one back up so I can throw in my two cents.

Wild Metal - Total crap. It's like an old artillery game where you have to work out the trajectory of your fire to destroy enemies, but in this game you're a tank running around a hilly area with environment graphics that would look cheap on a PS1 game, and your enemies don't have the difficulty aiming that you have. The levels are pretty much all the same, and after a while, so are the enemies. It's just not fun at all. I bought it the week it came out (there wasn't much else to play at that time), and within a month Best Buy had already knocked it down $15.

Charge N' Blast - I found this to be a seriously frustrating game. Hard to figure out, and once you do, you realize it's no fun to play. I developed an instant hatred for this game after less than five minutes. I went to the store originally to buy Cannon Spike, but I forgot which game I was looking for and bought this one. I've regretted it ever since.

Fighting Force 2 - Fairly bland and unoriginal. I was expecting a good game since it came from Eidos, and I was proved wrong. It's not too bad, it's just dull as hell.

Urban Chaos - Same thing as Fighting Force 2, but even more clunky and unlikeable.

TNN Hardcore Heat - Bad driving game with lousy physics, and it's sponsored by The Nashville Network! What's not to hate?

Deep Fighter - An undersea sub shooter game that's confusing and boring.

Red Dog - I love vehicular combat games, and I just couldn't muster enough interest in this game to get to the second level. The same song and dance... bad levels, bad controls, etc.

Super Magnetic Neo - A really weird-ass platformer that, once you get past it's seriously Japanese goofiness, you realize that it's just not any good.

Super Runabout: SF Edition - They took the most boring bits of gameplay from a bunch of other driving games, tossed them in a blender, and poured it into a GD-ROM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Surf Rocket Racers - mediocre Wave Race knockoff.

Test Drive 6 - The PS1 version wasn't that great to begin with, and the graphics and controls suggest that the Dreamcast port was an afterthought.

Vanishing Point - Would've been a decent racer if the difficulty didn't increase so quickly. And just one mistake - or an AI opponent smashing into you - can screw you over for an entire race.

Urban Chaos - Two words: terrible controls.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    Vanishing Point - Would've been a decent racer if the difficulty didn't increase so quickly. And just one mistake - or an AI opponent smashing into you - can screw you over for an entire race.
    You forgot to mention that the game controls like butter in a hot skillet. Same goes for the DC version of Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense. It could've been a great game, but it was destroyed by the awful control. Here's some other DC games that were bleh...

Draconus
    Dragonrider (wow)
    Fighting Vipers 2 (try it...you'll see why it stayed overseas)
    Carrier

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

frame gride is boring, plus plum sucks too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm throwing in Sno-Cross Championship Racing. The PS1 version had weak controls, and unfortunately, things didn't improve in the Dreamcast port. Liked the track editor, though.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic Shuffle is probably the worst I've played on the system. It's just a miserable fuckin chore to play.

Didn't really like Super Runabout, either. Crazy Taxi did it so much better.

I'm probably one of the few Evolution fans out there, but I must admit that Evo2 blows the first one out of the water.

also sylentwulf's post is so damn funny
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did Prince of Persia escape this thread?
    The only thing that saves that game from the title of 'complete dogshit' is that it hardly seems complete at all.