Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardest Game Boss?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr. Big from NARC. I have the arcade game and can still never defeat him.
    Go into the battle with 99 rockets... there's really no other way. I remember that it took like $20 to beat him in the arcade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many of the later bosses from X68000 Akumajo Dracula (or Castlevania Chronicles' original mode) could make this list.

My vote goes to The Joker from NES Batman. You've just played the most difficult platform game level ever -- now fight the most difficult platform boss ever! Ruins a perfectly good game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Ghouls_'N'_Ghosts
    Mega Man 7- Dr. Wily's Final form...screw this...let's play Mega Man 2
    Couldn't agree more.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember the last boss in Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram was pretty ruff. Though if it's rpgs your talking about, I find that most hidden or optional bosses tend to be the hardest. Look at that little girl boss from xenosaga, or the weapons in the FF series.. they can be brutal if your not prepaired.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

since i only collect nes i have a hard time beating Ligar, last boss rygar, damn he shoots so many bullets (or whatever there called) at you....keeps killing me over and over again.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hear your pain on Luca, Soulblazer. It's pretty sad when you need to level up quite literally 18 people to beat one boss. He's harder than the final dragon.

I'll throw in the final Ramsus/Miang battle from Xenogears. Two bosses in a row without an oppurtunity to heal. (Unless you're sadistic anough to throw ChuChu in your party. *Shudder*)

I'll also have to go with the final boss for Star Ocean: The second story. I NEVER beat him. You can get all your party members up to like level 162 and the guy still mops the floor with you every time. Star Ocean games are sick.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: e

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    Hardest boss...How about the Emerald and Ruby Weapons in FFVII? Those HAVE to be the hardest bosses ever.
    I remember Emerald weapon being a pain in the ASS when I played because of it being underwater and I believe it had a time limit or something annoying. Ruby weapon is a joke. Let him kill off certain characters, then use the grim reaper/knights of the round combo and also have it so you get healed when you summon. So easy, yet so hacked.

The only thing that makes that "strategy" a bitch is breeding the black chocobo. So fucken annoying.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default rjjm

My vote goes to The Joker from NES Batman. You've just played the most difficult platform game level ever -- now fight the most difficult platform boss ever! Ruins a perfectly good game IMO
    Hmmmm...I never thought he was that hard. I beat him on second try, I believe. You are supposed to use punches on him. Once you realize you aren't supposed to use the other weapons he's petty easy. Batman is another game I used to be able to beat on one life, though I've only done it twice...once of which I got on tape! Thank God, because I never did it again.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Castlevania used to be the same way for me, but I can beat it on one life now too. BTW, if you save your holy water from the beginning of the level and throw it at the brick the Grim Reaper initially lands on, you will kill him without him ever moving or scythes flying about...keep the flame going and he's is THE easiest boss in the game.
    Having a triple shot with the Holy Water is recommended. If you look up the Faces of Death article in the Characters section of The Castlevania Dungeon, you can see my exact strategy for dealing with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Dire 51
    Castlevania used to be the same way for me, but I can beat it on one life now too. BTW, if you save your holy water from the beginning of the level and throw it at the brick the Grim Reaper initially lands on, you will kill him without him ever moving or scythes flying about...keep the flame going and he's is THE easiest boss in the game.
    Having a triple shot with the Holy Water is recommended. If you look up the Faces of Death article in the Characters section of The Castlevania Dungeon, you can see my exact strategy for dealing with him.
    And that strategy worked EVERY time I played the game after reading it. As a matter of fact, that worked on every boss except for the Phantom Bat and Dracula.

Okay, as for the topic, I can't decide on just one boss to be the hardest, simply because I love bosses and decisions such as these are difficult to make for me. I will highlight a few standouts...

Titanic Lance: Darius Gaiden, Zone M

This guy makes R-Type's Warship look very wussy in comparison. Titanic Lance, a massive crustacean spanning about five screens, is loaded with attacks and sections to blast off. For starters, he'll try to grab at you with laser claws and move up and down with a thin, constant beam of energy. Beware of his many cannons and the spread shots he can deal out as you go down his body. He'll use two sections of that body to try and sandwich you, then send out bellemites that take lots of damage theirselves and spray lots of bullets to boot. You're only halfway done with TL at this point, but you have a pretty good idea of how painful it gets.

Seven Force: Gunstar Heroes, Green's Stage

The name is misleading if on Easy mode, where it only has three incarnations, and you only have to deal with five in Normal, but on Hard mode, Seven Force is a monster, and you must take on all seven incarnations of this rather advanced bastardized Transformer. Starting out with Soldier Force, running behind you and trying to take you out with boomerangs and bombs, we go on to Urchin Force, which shoots lasers out of all eight of its points, Tiger Force, using its tail to gun you down, Gun Force, which is a giant gun and shoots you, obviously, Eagle Force, who you have to maneuver through its wings to survive, Crab Force, sending walls and bouncing orbs at you to dodge, and my most hated, Tails force, who sends an impossible spray of bullets at you while using its tail as a whip. Even after all this, SF comes back in the sixth stage of the game, where it only has one life bar to go through, but it uses all seven of its forms in the same battle, each one as an individual attack! Arguably one of the hardest and most famed bosses from GH, Seven Force highlights Treasure's innovation and skill at challenging the players.

Gill: Street Fighter III, Last Boss

Man, I hate fighting this guy. Gill, master of both fire and ice, is one cheap-ass bastard that often has me frustrated when trying to beat him. His projectile, the Pyro/Cryo Kenesis, hits twice, making parrying a rather difficult task, his rushing move, the Saber Lariat, comes out VERY fast with little warning and does great damage, his Moonsault Press is a bit slow, but always hits right where you are, and his Psycho Headbutt leads to unfair juggles and a sudden rise in your Stun gauge. Even some of his regular attacks do more damage than they should, stinging his unlucky opponent with fire or ice damage. The worst thing about Gill has to be his Super Arts... the Meteor Strike is nigh impossible to dodge or parry, and do I have to mention the damage that occurs when hit with twenty or so balls of fire and ice? What's worse is his Seraphic Wing, which is slow, and can be easily telegraphed, but it fills the entire screen, and hits for extremely high 20-hit damage if not blocked, and even if blocked, it still chips of a good chunk of life. Parrying this move is obviously right out. The absolute suckiest thing about him is the Ressurection, which constitutes a complete galvanization of his lifebar if his Super Art meter is full when he dies! SHIT! This can only happen once in a match, but by the time it does happen, you are more than likely begging for your life. You can cut it short if you hit Gill quickly after the resurrection process, but he pushes you back when he does it, making it a pain to stop the life refill. Gill was an absolute dick in the original SF3, but he was demoted to a sub-boss and a lowering of difficulty in Second Impact, wheras a rival character of your fighter becomes the last boss... and Shin Akuma as the true final boss. However, Gill retains last boss status in Third Strike, and is just as unfair as he ever was. OUCH.

That's all for now, but seeing as I love bosses, I might add more to this thread. ^_^
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by o2william
    Many of the later bosses from X68000 Akumajo Dracula (or Castlevania Chronicles' original mode) could make this list.

My vote goes to The Joker from NES Batman. You've just played the most difficult platform game level ever -- now fight the most difficult platform boss ever! Ruins a perfectly good game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Ghouls_'N'_Ghosts
    Mega Man 7- Dr. Wily's Final form...screw this...let's play Mega Man 2
    Couldn't agree more.
    YES! Batman...once when we were kids we couldn't beat him for over 3 hours with a game genie. a few of the chronicels bosses are a bit tough too (ie werewolf)...i thought doppleganger was pretty easy tho, once you get down the pattern. and dracula is the same as always, so easy once you know what to do.

easily Metroid Prime's: Meta-Ridley (thats the final bosses name right?)
    a few years on and i still cant finish it!
    i hope you're kidding.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The hardest boss I can remember beating is Dynamo Man in Megaman & bass. when I finally did it I was in the car, and I screamed like a monkey being castrated with joy, scaring the hell out of everyone in the car.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gill from street fighter was hard! ressurection spells are annoying and he's too freakin strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The fianl boss in Phantasy Star IV kicked my ass six was from Sunday the first few times I faced it. And I can't remember which one, but one of the bosses in Mega Man 4 nearly caused me to smash my NES, the fact that it took me so long to save up the money to buy the system was the only thing that stopped me.