• Short Form ($50)

2 18.18%
  • Long form (more than $50)

2 18.18%
  • My own lawyer

2 18.18%
  • none

5 45.45%

Thread: Did you Fille a case with Paypal?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Did you Fille a case with Paypal?

Deadline is October 23

FROM PAYPAL SUCKS

The first is known as the "statutory claim" and is the lowest claim category. This category has a fund of $1 million. Thus $1 million divided by 30,000,000 members and everyone gets $0.03. However, not everyone will put in a claim to this category. This fund comes from the Federal EFTA (electronic fund transfer act). This act has set by law a max. recovery of $500,000. Girard, Gibbs, & De Bartolomeeo (hereafter "the lawyers") were able to convince PayPal to make it $1,000,000. This was basically a slam dunk case and PayPal knew it. The only problem was the government capped the max amount that could be recovered to $500,000. There was a chance to make it up to $6,000,000, however, it was an unknown risk, as a judge might not see it that way. This is basically the thing that PayPal violated when it did not take people's reports over the phone, did not provide a timely response, did not provide written documents, deleted customers emails, do not provide a phone number, etc. (more on this later.) Note: If the government had not put a cap on the transgressions of the EFTA, this lawsuit would have had a totally different ending (for the better.) Don't blame me, the lawyers or anyone else. This was your federal legislators fault.

The next category is the "short form." This is for those people who lost a small amount of money or would just like to get it over. If you put in claim on the short form, you will get $50. HOWEVER, due to the number of scammers who have tried to get in on this lawsuit, these claims will be inspected for fraud. They will be inspected by a former employee of PayPal who has been hired by the lawyers to do this job. (A real good egg.) Basically it means if you had a problem with PayPal and you are not a scammer, you give you name, address, etc... and you get $50. This claim has approx. $2million, however it has some adjustments that can be made.

The next category is the "long form." This is for those people who lost more than $50. The "long form" is also inspected for fraudsters. Those who are NOT fraudsters will have their claim reviewed by an appointee of the court. Basically this is going to be just like a small claims case. The more evidence you have to support your case, the better you will fair. If you have no evidence, you might as well put in for the short form. If on the other hand you have a real case, you put in your case and if it's supported you should do well. This claim also has approx. $2million, and again it has some adjustments that can be made.

Additionally, anyone who does not want to settle their case with PayPal using this proposed settlement can opt out and get their own lawyer to go after PayPal. (More on this later in a separate thread.) No one is forced to accept this settlement.
    Wakka Wakka Wakka - CHOMP -
    NINTENDO: NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
    "Have You Played Atari Today?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, because European residents were not eligible.
    Despite the fact that I've been skanked out of $80 by Paypal and an American idiot in the past. C***s.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I lost about $70 for a VCR. Buyer paid for it I shipped it and then buyer changed his mind and reversed funds. Paypal upheld the buyer even though I had tracking number proving it was sent.

I want to file the $50 short form but fear paypal's employee might reject the claim to protect his boss paypal

I might be better taking the smaller statutory settlement.
    Wakka Wakka Wakka - CHOMP -
    NINTENDO: NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
    "Have You Played Atari Today?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I lost the $80 when a cretin filed a chargeback because he bought a PAL NES and was surprised that it didn't work with his NTSC TV.
    Despite the fact that my auctions clearly stated "This is a European PAL console. No refunds will be offered due to compatabiulity issues", Paypal sided with him and robbed me of the money.
    My slim hope is that Europeans are excluded from this current settlement because an equivalent one will be offered in the future for us, but in all likleyhood it's because Paypal can't be legally held responsible over here(this was before Paypal UK & co had been formed), so we just get shafted because they can.
    I would have been more than happy with the $50 payoff, since I had long given up hope of getting anything back before I heard about this settlement case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None. *Knocks on wood* Haven't had any problems.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    None. *Knocks on wood* Haven't had any problems.
    Ditto

And the day I do have a problem with them they can

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

luckily, no problems for me.