Man, I feel guilty.

I've become the worst kind of gamer imaginable. The video game hoarder. Yep, the guy that try's to get a copy of everything worth possibly playing. And by not paying for it.

Yes, I admit I'm a bastion of piracy. When I got into retro gaming, after about a year of doing it, I had spent like 4 freaking thousand dollars. That's easily 4 times as much as I've ever spent in a year on gaming. Well, it was taking me to the poor house in a hurry.

So I said F it. For the old systems, that use CD's, might as well just play the backups. I finally figured out that I'm not a collector at all. I'm just a gamer. I just want to play these damn games. And I want to play all of them. I'm such a greedy little bastard. I want to sample them all.

So for the Saturn, Sega CD, 3DO, Turbo CD, Neo Geo CD, PSX and Dreamcast, it's all gravy. I'm going to eventually get ahold of every game that is really worth playing for all of those systems.

It's the pure greed of it. The greed of me simply wanting to have every decent title at my finger tips if I get the inclination to play one of those systems.

It's just like Roms to me. Hell, you know damn well that alot of you have complete Rom sets. To NES, Genesis, SNES, etc, etc. You feel like it isn't any big deal, because they are little roms files, and it was the 8 bit and 16 bit era, and it isn't a big deal.

Well to me, having a collection of backups, is just the same as having a Rom set, and this particular individual wants to have a CD set for some of these systems.

It's really bad. It turned me into a game hoarder.

I heard somebody say, "At least I'm not a game hoarder yet, at least I have some dignity". But I have to admit that I've gone to the bottom of the barrel with that. I just love to have access to all these works of art. I can read a magazine, during the Sega CD and Turbo CD era, and they can talk about certain games, and I can just go the collection and pull the game out and pop it in and check it out.

I'm sorry, I'm freaking totally guilty.