Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TriStar TV-Game Programmable

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG this is exactly what I bought yesterday! What I want to know is: How rare is it? How much is it worth? How hard are other games to find?
    I have Supersportic, Car race GP, Moto, and Brick game.
    Also it wont tune in properly, I'll get a good picture but when I hit the button to store it t goes back a feww bits of a frequency and stores a lame black and white picture thats not very good. I think my TV is too new.
    Please answer my questions
    Thanks Jamie

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squirrelnut1416

Quote Originally Posted by coojam
    OMG this is exactly what I bought yesterday! What I want to know is: How rare is it? How much is it worth? How hard are other games to find?
    I have Supersportic, Car race GP, Moto, and Brick game.
    Also it wont tune in properly, I'll get a good picture but when I hit the button to store it t goes back a feww bits of a frequency and stores a lame black and white picture thats not very good. I think my TV is too new.
    Please answer my questions
    Thanks Jamie
    Wow I made one of my first posts in this thread. Anyways, I don't think its that valuable per se. Its true value is what someone is willing to spend on it. Since it is just a pong clone (and theres about 1.3x10^23 varients of them out there) I would say it is not worth that much. But don't take it from me, I am not a collector in that area. That was just an educated guess.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got me one of those beasts on my trip to new zealand, they seem fairly common overseas. whats cool about it, not that playing it is cool, is that some of the carts actually have adjustable dials right on them. i dunno why but it seems cool that you can change the bat size right on the cart. my carts look just like the ones pictured but my system is almost totally different. its that fine line between pong and channel F .
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorta off Topic: didn't Coleco make a "plug and play" system called Tri-Star as well? Probably just mixed names up... I remember seeing it with some Light-Gun (I'm assuming) device.

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christianscott27
    some of the carts actually have adjustable dials right on them. i dunno why but it seems cool that you can change the bat size right on the cart.
    Are you sure that you can change the bat size on the cart? I thought you can adjust the bat position on the screen.

By the way, the Coleco console is called Telestar.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey christianscott27 I'm actually from New Zealand. They guy charged me $30.00 NZ ($21.14 US or 11.2070 Pounds sterling) Yeah I got ripped off. that was what he said it was and I'd never heared of one before so I accepted. I'm not very good at bartering anyway.
    So the system is quite common over here eh?
    Can anyone help me with my Tunig Problen. Could the TV being to new be the cause, I'm using a PAL TV would that make a difference?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They guy charged me $30.00 NZ ($21.14 US or 11.2070 Pounds sterling) Yeah I got ripped off.
    I think the price is okay for the console with three games.

Could the TV being to new be the cause, I'm using a PAL TV would that make a difference?
    I had a lot of trouble with my TV too, but I've an old TV for my old consoles now and no problems anymore. The best thing is when you can tune your TV manual, the automatic tuning causes ofen problems.
    Most of this consoles use the PAL standart, so that can't be the problem.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you sure that you can change the bat size on the cart? I thought you can adjust the bat position on the screen.
    well lets see on my "supersportic" cart the pots say "bat adjust" and then on "superbwipeout" they say "paddle position" - one for left and one for right. i think you're correct.

Hey christianscott27 I'm actually from New Zealand. They guy charged me $30.00 NZ ($21.14 US or 11.2070 Pounds sterling) Yeah I got ripped off. that was what he said it was and I'd never heared of one before so I accepted. I'm not very good at bartering anyway.
    So the system is quite common over here eh?
    Can anyone help me with my Tunig Problen. Could the TV being to new be the cause, I'm using a PAL TV would that make a difference?
    i picked mine up in a pre-arranged swap with a wellington collector, he gave me the impression that they were pretty common and came under a variety of names. i gave him an intellivision with a handful of games. i'm actually more impressed with the fountain game system i got there, i think its related to arcadia family of chips. as for tuning, heres whats on the bottom of my no-brand unit "625b PALsystem VHF channel 3".

i also got a kingsway 2600 clone, a TVboy, a heap of master system carts and other goodies over there. loved the otaro flea market and that berzerk bros shop in wellington.
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_eits
    They guy charged me $30.00 NZ ($21.14 US or 11.2070 Pounds sterling) Yeah I got ripped off.
    I think the price is okay for the console with three games.

Could the TV being to new be the cause, I'm using a PAL TV would that make a difference?
    I had a lot of trouble with my TV too, but I've an old TV for my old consoles now and no problems anymore. The best thing is when you can tune your TV manual, the automatic tuning causes ofen problems.
    Most of this consoles use the PAL standart, so that can't be the problem.
    Yeah, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Not a rip off at all.

TheRedEye Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My best guess is that this is a videogame system.
    Case closed! Thanks, Frank! Can someone lock this thread now?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys. I just figured I got ripped of because I didn't even try to barter with him.
    As for the TV being too new, I thought that that was probably what the problem was. The instruction book says tune it into channel 1. Would this make a difference. We have Sky tuned into channel 1 soi I tried tuning the Hanimex into channel 3. Maybe they mean something else? Also I've manual tuned everything on my TV. I wonder If I try ZAuto tuning if it might have the reverse effect and gety me a good picture.
    I miss my old Condor 14 Inch TV. But it broke so I had to toss it
    But graphics, even in 8 colors, are poor. Concerning the PAC-MAN cover for example, all you can see is squares running after a cross... wow, that is almost virtual reality!