Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving trade stuff with thrift price still on it.....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Receiving trade stuff with thrift price still on it.....

does that bother you or not? Personally, i try to remove any stickers price or otherwise (unless its the original price tag on a box for instance). A thrift store price tag I think is kind of tacky to leave on. I'm sure most people know the odds of stuff being thrift bought, i personally dont feel the need to rub the idea of "I paid $.99 = you're paying $20" in anyone's face.

Just my 2 cents.
    ~bill
    My XBL Gamer Tag is : NipRing

MVS 29"CANDY CAB SERIAL: 98515
    Upgrades include 6 Slot MoBo, Oversized Speakers,
    MV-IC Memcard reader w/ Headphone Jacks, UniBios 2.0

I Snatch Kisses...And Vice-Versa

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Receiving trade stuff with thrift price still on it.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector
    does that bother you or not? Personally, i try to remove any stickers price or otherwise (unless its the original price tag on a box for instance). A thrift store price tag I think is kind of tacky to leave on. I'm sure most people know the odds of stuff being thrift bought, i personally dont feel the need to rub the idea of "I paid $.99 = you're paying $20" in anyone's face.

Just my 2 cents.
    ~bill
    Never happened to me. I would never do that to someone. I agree that it is tacky.
    Opinions expressed not necessarily those of the author, especially if bone-headed.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hah! That's pretty lame of anyone to do that to someone, I agree, very tacky.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do everything I can to remove them, unless I think they'll damage the cart. Then I leave them on for the customer to get off. At least if it's damaged that way he/she won't be pissed I sold them damaged merchandise.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with removing them unless it would do damage. I heard using a hairdrier on stickers makes the sticky backs get unsticky because the heat loosens its bond. FYI any one who doesnt want to be tacky.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do it and it certainly doesn't bother me to have it done to me. The only thing that might bother me is if it were rare and/or valueable and the condition was affected greatly by the sticker and I wasn't told about it. But I don't care if they got it for $0.01 I'm going to trade what I think it's worth anyway. Chances are I got what I'm trading for next to nothing too.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow i think that might piss me off too... knowing someone got something so cheap, and now just wants to rub it in my face that they made like 18 bucks off of it.
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It irritates me more on the general principle of laziness if its in a nondescript area like the ass of the cart, far and away from the label.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never traded before, but I think it would bug me a little. It's just the idea that if I were to sell or trade something I would do my best to clean it up and make nice. The fact that someone else didn't would irk be a bit. 'Course, if they're giving me a good deal, then what me worry?

Come to think of it . . . there might be a few tags still on some stuff in my to be traded files.

*slinks off to correct potential hypocrasy*

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

On a related question, I sell a lot of games and books that still have original price tags on them -- I never remove them. Would that bother you? Sometimes books I bought six years ago for $15 sell for $40-50 these days.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this would make me mad. i clean up my carrts thoroughly before i sell them.... clean connectors, clean casing, etc... no brown junk in the grooves and no dust either.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

was it on purpose or accidental ?? oh what ever it never happen to me i don't mind that much if it was a good and fair trade/deal...like if some one offer me a copy of chronotrgger for $20 and it has a $o.99 goodwill stickers on it ..i'll actually be greatful for the person..and for me !! but thats just me..
    >>>>maybe the person is playing a prank on you ..with the sticker maybe the sticker came off a copy of -air raid- from the thrift store. haha
    as long as the trade is fair and square then everybody is happy !!!
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

wouldnt bother me, i'd just clean it off myself anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I purposely leave the prices on the stuff I'm keeping. I love it when people see "$1.49" written on the front of my heavy sixer.

As for trading items, I would remove the price just because I would be embarassed if I took more money than what I paid for an item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wouldn't bother me... generally I'll ask someone if they want me to try and remove it or if they'd rather do it themselves.

Besides, just because there's a price sticker on it... who says that's how much I actually paid? Could have been there since three owners ago *shrug*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I tend to leave stickers on my thrift found carts. Nice to see how much it cost me :)

If it's a sticker that's likely to cause damage upon removal, I'd rather it was left on intact.

What pisses me off MOST is when Goodwill puts wide clear plastic tape over the end of a cardboard box. I've got a bunch of old-to-1998 PC games from there that have this tape on it, and I got a complete copy of Donkey Kong Country in a rather nice box with that over one end. Luckily it came off without any trouble at all, but it's annoying to have to remove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I uslly take em off, but if I get any with it it dosen't bother me one bit.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    On a related question, I sell a lot of games and books that still have original price tags on them -- I never remove them. Would that bother you? Sometimes books I bought six years ago for $15 sell for $40-50 these days.
    Like I said, if its the original store price sticker, that's different. I honestly would feel a little embarrassed if i sold item X for $50 and accidentally left the $.49 goodwill sticker on it.
    I bought a minty boxed O2 from these boards about a year ago and paid about$50, when it arrived I noticed inside was a receipt from the Salvation Army for $4.99. I would just assume not know that . I paid what i felt iy was worth to me, but damn...i wish I would have found it for $5 .

~bill
    My XBL Gamer Tag is : NipRing

MVS 29"CANDY CAB SERIAL: 98515
    Upgrades include 6 Slot MoBo, Oversized Speakers,
    MV-IC Memcard reader w/ Headphone Jacks, UniBios 2.0

I Snatch Kisses...And Vice-Versa

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

once in a while i leave the thrift price on items for my own collection just to chuckle at what a good deal i got. i also love seeing price tags on 2600 era games, just so you can think wow k-bay was blowing out rare carts for $1.99!

my peeve is a reverse of this thread -

lets say i found an item worth $100 for $10 and then the person i want to trade it to says "yeah but you only paid $10 for it so i'll give you $50". the way i see it i earn all my amazing deals by being out on the hunt and it shouldnt have any bearing on the items trade value.
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FlufflePuff
    I do everything I can to remove them, unless I think they'll damage the cart. Then I leave them on for the customer to get off. At least if it's damaged that way he/she won't be pissed I sold them damaged merchandise.
    thats a double edge sword. i personally choose to leave any price tags on or labels or even stickers on a game or system and let the buyer take them off especially if its over a paper label or over a easily damagable area, if i get somethign witha 50 cent label and i paid 75$ i dont look at it as 74.50 bonus to tem as much as did i get what i want at the price i want. i dont get botherd if it hasa low price tag compared to what i bought it at. i paid what i thought was fair and or what i thought it was worth. just cause someone bought a 100$ game at 80 cents thats what they thought it was worth and bought it.