Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best storage container for each system cartridge...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best storage container for each system cartridge...

??? Went to Wal-Mart today, looking for some storage containers for NES games.....the same ones I bought maybe 4 years ago. I remember having my carts in the black sleeves that came with the games (THE best cases for these games, hands down! The snapping clear cases were oversized, inconvienient, and when they got scratched up, they looked like crap!). I'd then put the black sleeved carts in a cardboard box...which worked, until I didn't have any more boxes which were sized good enough. So around that time, I was posting at the defunct NESfan website forum, and someone mentioned a certain Sterilite container, model #1804. Sturdy, OPENING drawer with a hinge so it doesn't pull all the way out, wide enough to PERFECTLY fit two rows of NES carts in the black sleeves. Very TIGHT fit, so if you pull a cart out, the black sleeves stay in place and the carts don't fall like dominoes inside of it. PERFECT....I believe each will hold about 30 NES carts (these are priced at $5 each). It could hold probably four more carts, but I put a USPS Priority Mail box (VHS size..not sure if they have these anymore) in the very back because the drawer doesn't come out all the way unless you unhinge it and there's that small amount of space where the top of the lid covers the very back end...and that space you can't really reach a cart unless you pull the drawer completely out...so the mailing box serves as a filler for that space. I personally think this is the best storage container for NES carts, giving easy access and it keeps them dust free unlike if you put them on a bookshelf..and well, using underbed containers isn't really practical if you have a ton of games and you want to reach a specific title without having to move shit around and put shit back to get to one thing you are looking for.

So there...best NES storage container on the market. They are stackable, so you could line them up to your ceiling probably

So what I'm looking for now is similar "recommended" containers for other system cartridges; SNES, GENESIS, SMS, NEO GEO, 2600/5200/7800, JAGUAR, etc... Brand doesn't matter...just looking for the PERFECT fitting containers...

I figure this thread could help not only myself out but others also...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I measure the different games/systems then go to Wal-mart.Those clear plastic drawer things are awsome!
    Support Medical Marijuana

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so you people put your system in plastic containers ?? i just put everything in my closet(idont put my clothes in it though ,they are on the floor and in the guess room) also from time to time i put all my games/ systems in one of them big wooden box with wheels that i move my games in.
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I put my games on shelves. The biggest problems with it is all the dust. The best part is looking at all the games. I tried boxs, but they ceased to be effective when I started needing more then 12 boxs as the extra space used by the boxs could normaly be used more effectivly by extra shelving that would hold more games as well as other stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use boxes. My dad works for a box company, so I can get pretty much anything I would ever need. I have some great peach boxes for my NES games...perfect fit and everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    I measure the different games/systems then go to Wal-mart.Those clear plastic drawer things are awsome!
    After my closet gets filled which it is pretty damn close, I plan on going to Wal-Mart too for those drawer, or have been thinking of getting just platic contaniers with the snapping lids from Wal-Mart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze
    I put my games on shelves. The biggest problems with it is all the dust. The best part is looking at all the games. I tried boxs, but they ceased to be effective when I started needing more then 12 boxs as the extra space used by the boxs could normaly be used more effectivly by extra shelving that would hold more games as well as other stuff.
    The dust thing is the only reason why I don't put all my stuff out for display. Only my GC and DVD's I have are out. It does look very cool displayed, but the dust is one of my things I hate most.
    I am guessing you just clean all your stuff often??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use the plastic drawers for NES, ATARI, Intellivision, Coleco but I use Music Tape holders for loose SMS & Genesis.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have stuff on shelves, in boxes, in rubbermaid containers under my bed, stacked in my closet. If there is a place for me to put it thats where it will go. I don't worry too much about what i am going to put it in just if i have room for it.
    The only thing i did really want was to try and get some plaxi glass or glass for my shelves. But it is WAY out of my price range
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love to stick my games in glass cases---it would make display awesome, and it would also keep dust off the stuff. Oh well, I can't afford it.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Manimal , I found the ultimate one at Lowes for NES carts. It is made by Sterilite and costs 19.99. It is a tower with 3 large storage bins, each one of them holding 80 games exactly. It is a very tight fit as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Time
    I use the plastic drawers for NES, ATARI, Intellivision, Coleco but I use Music Tape holders for loose SMS & Genesis.

they are cassette sized? i should check on that....assuming you break off the tape roller hinges... hmmm. that's a damn good idea if what i'm thinking you are saying is correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imanerd0011
    Manimal , I found the ultimate one at Lowes for NES carts. It is made by Sterilite and costs 19.99. It is a tower with 3 large storage bins, each one of them holding 80 games exactly. It is a very tight fit as well.

possibly a three bin version of the one i mentioned?... i didnt' check LOWES but i guess i will have to!

i have checked Wal-Mart, Super K-Mart, and Target stores. Super K-Mart carries some brand called "HOMZ" which the products are really cheapy/crappy feel to them other than some tiny/thin 3-tier case that looks like it would hold one row of SNES or GEN carts (this one seemed durable).

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about to move into a new flat with 2 friends and I have built in wardrobes the length of the wall in my room. At the mo they have mirrored doors but I'm going to take them off and put glass doors in their place

Just now I have all my games on shelves and always have. I really like having a collection that I can see and appreciate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

NintendoMan wrote-
    The dust thing is the only reason why I don't put all my stuff out for display. Only my GC and DVD's I have are out. It does look very cool displayed, but the dust is one of my things I hate most.
    I am guessing you just clean all your stuff often??
    Actualy I just wait till the dust builds up and then I dust. I would dust more often and have it be effective, but I just never can find the time.

Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one tower storage unit that I bought from Office Max. It's made by Iris and cost me about $50. BUT, it is incredibly sturdy, is about 39 inches/ 1 meter tall, has sturdy wheels, and has 6 drawers. Each drawer holds 72 loose Atari 2600 games (which is all I have in there) very comfortably (not tight). If you do the math, it'll hold 432 Atari 2600 games. The rest of my collection is in 8 or 9 Rubbermaid 30 or 35 gallon containers, and they are all filled to the brim. I'd love to get my NES games in one of these Iris towers!
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. Walmart has a GREAT storage item for games. Let me take a picture of mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They are like 10-20ish dollars each at Walmart. Easy to put together, and are great for most types of games.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have something just like that built into the side of my entertainment center. The side holds DVDs and the front holds CDs. Those are very useful.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love them. The shelves are ajustable too, so if you have oversized things its easy to find room for em.