Thread: Any folk got a Cybiko?

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any folk got a Cybiko?

I did a wee search and noticed this hadn't been asked for a year and a half so I thought I would see if anything has changed

I plan on buying one when I next get paid to go towards my handheld collection. I had a wee shot of one a couple of years ago and I actually quite liked it! I liked the tamagotchi thang and there was a first person maze game that I enjoyed. I've been meaning to buy one for a while but something always pops up (including a Game.com ) but not this time (mwa, ha, ha, ha!) I'm determined...oh, what's that shiney thing over ther....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cyb

Yup, I have one, and I know EVG2000 does, too. The old original one. Cybiko is cool.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one when it came out. I thought the coolest function was the wireless chat function, course I doubt that would be cool now unless you know a place where cybiko users congregate.

Honestly as a handheld this system really sucks, IMO. If you're into handhelds it may be worthwhile, but otherwise... If you didn't like the Game.com I don't see how you could get really excited about this. If there is another handheld you need, then get it first. The Lynx, NGP, NGPC, Gamegear, Wonderswan, really ANY handheld would be more worth your money. But, if you are the person who has everything then go for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already have the other handhelds you mentioned (my GG is in the post as we speak). Anyway, having played the Game.com and the Cybiko I find the Cybiko to be a fair bit more playable as you can actually see the screen! I am desperately after a Gamate but I just can't find one. Still, patience and all that. I also just missed out on a NGP carry case this morning by about a second! It was in the US so I had to get up a 5.45am to bid and my connection decided to run slow at the last second and I missed the close! I wsa totally gutted

But back to the topic: I take it you don't really like the gaming aspect then?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini
    But back to the topic: I take it you don't really like the gaming aspect then?
    The only games I really played a lot were the chess and card games (poker mainly). They were fun but the controls were really awkward for game playing (and everything else for that matter). I mainly used the chat and organizer functions, which were alright. The thing, after all, was a gift from my brother (who just wanted to have someone to chat with), so I'm not complaining. (Speaking of which, I think I'll have to dig the damn thing out and have another go at it.) Anyway, the system was a good idea but the games aspect was never fully realized, the download from the web was a good idea, but I don't recall ANY real 3rd party support (from a recognizable developer/publisher)!

Regardless, Pedro, sounds like you know what you are getting into. As long as your expectations aren't too high, it is a nice addition for the collector in you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I knew what I was getting into I would have stayed well away from this hobby! With the money I've spent I could have bought a feckin' house by now! Still, my cardboard box has a lovely shelf full of goodies on it!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one of the old ones, but sold it a while ago. I hated it. They didn't pick up like I expected it to, only a few people got one. My neighbor got one so we can play against each other, then when I returned mine she was angry cause she couldn't return hers. They also lied and said it had wireless internet, when they actually didn't.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine from goodwill. They are fun. I saw another one at goodwill complete in box a coupkle weeks ago for 4 bucks. They go for extremely little on ebay. Id say get the cybico extreme.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah I just looked on ebay again and you could get a new cybiko in box for less tehn $5 and the newer cybiko extreme new in package for less then $10.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default And they lived CYBIKO uber alles.

It has become apparent that some people have CYBIKO, and they love it very much:

http://www.cybiko.com/FanSites/