Thread: FS/FA: EGM & EGM2 Classic Gaming Mags! PRICE DROP!

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS/FA: EGM & EGM2 Classic Gaming Mags! PRICE DROP!

After much debating with myself, I've decided to sell my entire EGM collection. The big lot covers February 1993 - December 1999! (EGM #43-125 & EGM2 #1-50) Sorry, but I missed the January 1993 issue of EGM, so you'll still have to look for it.

I'm asking $200 for them, but I'll take the best offer. My price is half off the cover price, and these magazines would cost you alot more than that if you were to try and buy them all as back issues directly from Ziff-Davis. These were all purchased from newstands, so they don't have any subscription labels on them. Many of these are collector's edition covers, but I only have one variation of those, so it isn't a complete set of all the different covers.

This is 7 years of video game history here. The EGM2 collection is a complete set. After #50, EGM2 became Expert Gamer. So you will get 1000's of pages of old articles, old ads, and old classics. This is a print collector's dream set.

Every issue is in good condition. They've all been read time and time again, and some have been marked in, but they're all here. About the markings, what I used to do sometimes was cross out all the games that I already owned in the ads from game dealers that were effectively catalogs of every game ever made, to make it easier for me to see which ones I still needed. But this doesn't affect most of the magazines, as I realized that was a bad idea after a while, so I stopped doing it. And it was only the ads in the very back of the magazines anyway, so it shouldn't be a very big concern for you.

These will probably have to be delivered by media mail, as there are several pounds of heavy stock magazine paper here. I dunno what it would cost to ship them all to you, but if you're seriously interested in them, I'll get them all weighed and find out. And no, I will not sell you just the issues that you need. I'm sure that I can put these up on ebay if I have to, so I will not break them up. So either accept them all as they are, or pass them all up.

Thanks for looking! Feel free to add you comments here, if you wish, I really don't mind. I kinda doubt that these will sell here, but I know that some of you collect this kinda stuff and are interested in lots like this, so here's mine.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

no chance of breaking them up?
    I have quite few issues of EGM myself during that period and would like to fill in the gaps...

cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, MAYBE, if I can't sell them any other way. But I really hate to do that because that would invariably leave me with some issues that I couldn't get rid of. Everybody would just take all the good ones and leave me stuck with an incomplete set that I can't sell because it's incomplete. But since I have dealt with you before, then I guess I'll consider it. Which ones do you need? I won't promise you that I'll break them up, but I might, if they don't sell.

BTW, I would consider selling the EGM2 set seperately, since it is complete. That would be $125, but I might be persuaded to let it go for only $100 plus shipping, whichever worked out to be cheaper. Media mail isn't much, but I dunno what it would be for a lot this size and weight, they're heavy.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK I'm currently bidding on the January 1993 issue to complete this lot now. The auction ends in a week. If I win it, then you'll get this issue too! That would make this lot 100% complete for the 7 years covered by these mags! You will be hard pressed to find another lot like this that somebody is willing to part with. So if you want to try and assemble a complete EGM collection, this would be a really great start towards that goal, and I guarantee that you won't be able to do it any cheaper than this. The older the issue, the higher the price, and these issues go all the way back to within 3 years of the very beginning of EGM! Alot of these are worth way more than what I'm asking for them. You'll be getting the milestone issues #50 and #100, which are only eclipsed in value by issue #1, but you'll be getting all 50 issues of EGM2! I know it's alot of money, but for a magazine collector, this is a great deal!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone interested, I've found another batch of old EGM's lying around, and I've listed them as a 3 day auction on ebay. If you'd like to bid, go here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...496812435&rd=1

I'm starting to get some serious offers for these, so if you wanna make an offer on them too, you'd better hurry! Otherwise they'll be on ebay soon!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are issues from 100 up to now worth anything? I have or had(if I didn't throw them out) all of them up to now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every issue of EGM is worth something! Generally, the older they are, the more they're worth, but there are some exceptions to this rule. They do alot of limited edition covers from time to time, and they also do alot of covers available in several variations from time to time. These issues tend to become worth even more than milestone issues, like #1, #50, #100, #150, #200, etc, which also tend to become worth more than regular issues. The #146 that I'm including in the lot that I have on ebay right now has a limited edition cover that was only produced for 15% of it's print run. So obviously the one with that cover commands a premium price over the other covers. There's another guy trying to sell a sealed copy of that issue on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...496639701&rd=1

So if just that one issue is really worth as much as he expects to get for it, then the one included in my lot is a bargain by comparison, because I'm throwing in several other issues along with it for about the same price. But of course mine isn't just as fresh as the day that it rolled off the presses, like that sealed one still is, so that's why I'm just including it with one of my lots instead of trying to sell it individually like the other guy is. If it was still that perfect, then I'd probably be asking alot more for the lot, but as it is, I think that I'm asking a pretty fair price. It may sound strange, but people collect EGM just like they collect games, and there's quite a market for back issues!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I might have to dig up what I have. I know I kept issue 100 because I liked the "top 100" games list it had. I mostly collected the various yearly buyer's guides myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have issue no. 11 with the golgo cover. I´ve heard that its very rare...do you know if thats true??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think every issue from 1989 & 1990 is very rare now, all the ones with the original logo are probably worth mega bucks now, but I'm not an EGM expert.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK all you EGM readers and collectors out there, I just sold the complete EGM2 collection, so now all I have left is 84 sequential issues from 1993-1999 plus 28 nonsequential issues from 2000-2002 that I am still accepting offers for. The asking price for the sequential issues is $250 plus shipping, and the asking price for the nonsequential issues is $75 plus shipping. These are just my asking prices though, so if you're seriously interested in them, I will still accept any reasonable offers for them. But of course the closer you are to my asking prices, the better your chances that I will accept your offers for them! I am willing to break up the nonsequential lot into individual issues, if you just have a certain one that you're looking for, but the most I'm willing to break up the sequential lot is by individual years, so the least that I will split those up will be into 7 seperate lots of 12 issues each. The 1993 lot will include the January issue as promised, just as soon as I purchase and recieve it, so if you're interested in that one, the delivery time will be slightly delayed until I actually have that issue in my own hands, to complete the set for you.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK folks, I have some new prices for you here that will make all these classic gaming mags sound alot more appealing to you. The sequential issues are just $36 plus shipping for each bundle of 12 issues, that's only $3 apiece! The nonsequential issues are just $30 for a bundle of 12 issues, that's only $2.50 apiece! And of course you can still buy any of the nonsequential issues individually. So for only half the cover price, you can own a few more pieces of EGM history. Shipping for a bundle of 12 issues is only $4, so for only $40 you can get a full year of classic EGM! However, I can't offer any discounts on shipping if you buy more than one bundle, so the shipping price is firm. The shipping cost for smaller bundles will be determined by the number of issues that you buy. Up to 3 issues is only $1, up to 6 is $2, up to 9 is $3, etc. You'll see that this all coincides with my asking prices for the lots, so this is actually just a new way for you to look at my prices and put them all into perspective, but I thought it might make my prices sound less frightening to you. And if you still think that this is too expensive, check the going rates for individual back issues of EGM on ebay. This is totally in line with their trends.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I just won the auction for the January 1993 issue that I needed, so as I soon as I receive it, my 1993 set will be complete and I can pass it on to whoever wants it. So shipment for that lot shouldn't be delayed by more than a week. 84 consecutive issues up for grabs here, people! I know that somebody wants these, so as I said before, make me an offer on what you want if you think that my asking prices are too expensive, I'll probably take it.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK y'all, I have decided to lower my price on these to just $24 for a bundle of 12 issues, and the shipping prices remain the same, so if you want all 84 sequential issues from January 1993 - December 1999 that all works out to about $175 plus $25 shipping, or $200 shipped for those too lazy to do the math! I will still take the best offer for them, but that's really about as low as I'm willing to go on them, so don't expect anymore price drops because I'll just sell them on ebay or keep the damn things if nobody wants this deal.

BTW, I've also relisted the 27 nonsequential issues on ebay for a lower price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4500851599

Please note that if you buy all 84 sequential issues, I will throw in issue #150 as a bonus for you! That would give you #50, #100, #150, and 7 full years!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK folks, last price drop on the nonsequential issues before I start listing all the sequential issues on ebay, so check it out, this is a great deal on these!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

The 7 years worth of sequential issues are still unsold as of right now, so if you're interested in buying them before I start listing them all on ebay, I'm still accepting offers for them! Pull out those credit cards, it's Christmastime!

Get BIT!