Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [NES] game values complaint.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default [NES] game values complaint.

I was just looking at Faria and Final Fantasy, both are accurate as far as rarity goes FF R2 Faria R5, my complaint is that every time I see Faria for sale, on Ebay, by friends or by collectors, it always seems to go for a lot more. I would list Faria at around $17 to $18 range, that game has gained popularity and also price, Final Fantasy, although dirt common is worth more than $7, I would list this at about $12. Every store I see this at sells it for about $15. Mermaids of Atlantis seems too low also, and that should be listed around $20. Does anyone else agree with me.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Re: [NES] game values complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    I was just looking at Faria and Final Fantasy, both are accurate as far as rarity goes FF R2 Faria R5, my complaint is that every time I see Faria for sale, on Ebay, by friends or by collectors, it always seems to go for a lot more. I would list Faria at around $17 to $18 range, that game has gained popularity and also price, Final Fantasy, although dirt common is worth more than $7, I would list this at about $12. Every store I see this at sells it for about $15. Mermaids of Atlantis seems too low also, and that should be listed around $20. Does anyone else agree with me.
    I agree. I think the NES section in general needs some TLC. It should be a rich and lively source of content but there still is very little there compared to many other systems, some of which were added much later.

It's no knock on the section editors, we haven't pushed for changes in the "classic" Guide sections in awhile but it would be nice to get an off-book year update

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    I agree. I think the NES section in general needs some TLC. It should be a rich and lively source of content but there still is very little there compared to many other systems, some of which were added much later.

It's no knock on the section editors, we haven't pushed for changes in the "classic" Guide sections in awhile but it would be nice to get an off-book year update
    TLC ? Do you know mean a facelift ?

I think tne rarity of some game need to be update. Game like Pro Sport hockey and Donkey Kong Jr Math are more rare than expected.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone who wants to post their input, please do. This could be the thread where we state the corrections and updates, then the moderators could update this every few weeks or months. There are plenty of updates needed besides the ones I stated above, AGC Inc. comes to mind also, I would list those in the $10 dollar range also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just looked up some nes games and there was some missing info in the also known as department. I searched for castelian and when you click the show all systems this game was released on tower toppler doesn't come up at all, also when you search for battletoads, the Sega master system "Battlemaniacs" doesn't come up, and is the SMS game "master of Darkness" the name Castlevania was given on that system? There are others just within NES searches, just figured I'd give the moderators a heads up. I love that the update to the search engine, I will go through my European nes list and do some serious aka updates too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

when you search for battletoads, the Sega master system "Battlemaniacs" doesn't come up, and is the SMS game "master of Darkness" the name Castlevania was given on that system?
    I'm guessing that's becasue SMS Battlemaniacs isn't also known as Battletoads. It features them, but was only ever released in Brazil, titled just 'Battlemaniacs'.
    SMS Master of Darkness is a Castlevania-esque game, but it was developed entirely by Sega and had nothing to do with Konami's series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got ya on the Masters but the Battlemaniacs should still come up on a Battletoads search. Thanks for verifying the Masters of Darkness though.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Got ya on the Masters but the Battlemaniacs should still come up on a Battletoads search. Thanks for verifying the Masters of Darkness though.
    No it shouldn't.

The "aka" field is specifically for identical games to be identified, not games featuring the same characters, "close to" the same game, or anagrams of them.

I'll give you Castelian although that's about as far as I'd stretch the rule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No it shouldn't.

The "aka" field is specifically for identical games to be identified, not games featuring the same characters, "close to" the same game, or anagrams of them.

I'll give you Castelian although that's about as far as I'd stretch the rule
    That makes sense Joe, although I was doing some research on Yahoo last night and (will a foreign SMS expert verify this) from what I saw, the SMS Battlemaniacs game is the same exact game albeit toned down graphics, as the SNES game Battletoads In Battlemaniacs. If someone can verify maybe those should be linked together. I wish I could find that game for the SMS because I love Battletoads.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No it shouldn't.

I'll give you Castelian although that's about as far as I'd stretch the rule
    That makes sense Joe, although I was doing some research on Yahoo last night and (will a foreign SMS expert verify this) from what I saw, the SMS Battlemaniacs game is the same exact game albeit toned down graphics, as the SNES game Battletoads In Battlemaniacs. If someone can verify maybe those should be linked together. I wish I could find that game for the SMS because I love Battletoads.
    When Joe said "identical" it should be read as "same game for same system released under a different name". Otherwise, a game like "Humans" for Genesis would have an aka "Dino Dudes" for Jaguar, which would not be helpful as far as I can tell.

-Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd think it would because some of the old classic systems come up that way, either way, maybe I'm just being too picky. But even if it came out for a different system and it is the same game with a diffrent name, It would be helpful to me because I would know that game x came out for system x as this name and system y as this name. It would give me a heads up in case i wanted to collect or play it. It's not my decision though, so either way I'll shut up now.

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

I'd think it would because some of the old classic systems come up that way, either way, maybe I'm just being too picky. But even if it came out for a different system and it is the same game with a diffrent name, It would be helpful to me because I would know that game x came out for system x as this name and system y as this name. It would give me a heads up in case i wanted to collect or play it. It's not my decision though, so either way I'll shut up now.
    I'm actually working on a cross-reference guide for this sort of thing...I'll post about it in another thread (because I don't want to contaminate this one any further).
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="sniperCCJVQ"]
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress

I think tne rarity of some game need to be update. Game like Pro Sport hockey and Donkey Kong Jr Math are more rare than expected.
    I agree that many games need updating as well, but Donkey Kong Jr Math is fitting of its rarity. I have possessed roughly 5000 cartridges and 6 of them have been DK jr Math. One was complete, 2 were with manuals, and 3 were loose.

I'm not saying that updating the guide would be an easily task though. I imagine that 100 hours would have to go into it unfortunately.
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do we want to use this thread to reconstruct the NES section, or Do we want to start another one? I'm ready to help reconstruct and retool this section, anyone with me?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes
    I agree that many games need updating as well, but Donkey Kong Jr Math is fitting of its rarity. I have possessed roughly 5000 cartridges and 6 of them have been DK jr Math. One was complete, 2 were with manuals, and 3 were loose.
    DK jr Math rarity his 5 IIRC. I think it should be at least a 6.

I have one loose copy and finding the box and manual is almost impossible (and probably worth more than the cart himself).
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do we want to use this thread to reconstruct the NES section, or Do we want to start another one? I'm ready to help reconstruct and retool this section, anyone with me?
    I'm ready to help if we decide to reconstruct the NES section.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

It's already in process. I'll use this thread for advice and suggestion, but I've already started tweaking it.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo Portnoyd, when you get to Zelda II make sure to include my easter egg from the previous thread, and the also the easter egg that allows you to save anytime in the game for both zeldas should be added. The values of both 6 in 1s and the panesian releases are valued way too low, I haven't seen Caltron go for any less than 200 anywhere including between collectors, myriad should be at least 400 IMO. Panesians, especially Bubble Bath Babes go for 350 to 400 range loose, the other two should be around 300 each! AGC INC. releases are also too low in rarity and price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Will the NES section feature an article explaining variants or, conversely, will major variants be listed in the individual game descriptions? ie: Legend of Zelda listing would mention the later 'Classic Series' gray cart release along with the notable difference in rarity: gold is an R1, gray is maybe an R3. Also, I think that it should be noted when a certain component of a game is much more scarce than the cart. ie: Stack Up cart is R5, whereas a complete Stack Up would be more like an R8, or a DK jr Math cart is R5, but the Dk jr Math box is significantly more difficult to find. Such info is worth noting IMHO.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Also, I think that it should be noted when a certain component of a game is much more scarce than the cart. ie: Stack Up cart is R5, whereas a complete Stack Up would be more like an R8, or a DK jr Math cart is R5, but the Dk jr Math box is significantly more difficult to find. Such info is worth noting IMHO.
    i agree completely. Major box/cart art variations are very cool to know and to have. I just discovered a new one this past week. There are two different cartridges for The Untouchables game (one blue w/ shadows and one with people from the movie). Also worth mentioning is color dreams/bunch games/Wisdom Tree cart color variations, and which ones are rarer.

Don't forget Power Blade 2; complete is a bitch to find and those stupid movie games Die Hard, Cliffhanger and Bram Stokers Dracula complete are as well.

Others worth mentioning...

Jetsons, ALL Atlus games (esp Wacky Races), race america (as if you didn;t know portnoyd), kid klown complete, clu clu land complete, i'd say every Al Bunch Game... and myriad 6 in 1 as the rarest released, not our beloved stadium events

Just my thoughts. I would love to help if help is needed
    I LOVE nes variations. anyone else?

-Josh