Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [NES] game values complaint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Regarding AVE's Maxi 15: both variations should be noted in the guide. One has Double Strike and Pyramid while the other has Death Race and Black Jack. I would put the Pyramid version at R7 and the Death Race version at R8. It is also worth noting that the large yellow cardboard box that this game came in (sometimes???) is quite scarce.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow that should definately be noted in the database. I had no idea there was another version of Maxi 15, I have the one with Pyramid, that would in my opinion warrant a complete separate listing in the database because it does have different games on it. That is up to the moderators though, I guess.

Another note is that Challenge of the Dragon has gained popularity in the last few months. I have seen it consistantly go for $20 or more on ebay and even private collectors are giving it more attention and paying more for it even off of Ebay, that should also be changed in my opinion.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    The color Dreams, AGC inc, and AVE releases seem to have slightly increased in value. I see most of the cheapies go for about 10 dollars now instead of the usual listing of 5$ that maybe something that should be looked at, the descriptions of the Color Dreams releases should include the rarities of the black cart versions, these should be listed the way that the neo geo mvs games are listed within the descriptions.
    I'll agree with that and add that the Wisdom Tree games used to be everywhere, but now seem something less than common in the wild. Only one I tend to see semi-regularly anymore is Bible Adventures.

Also, Camericas are basically nowhere, at least in my area. Did they have spotty distribution or something?
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spotty distrubution is a strong consideration for both wisdom tree and camerica. I find at least one or two of the more common ones at my local stores that I hit regularly, Color Dreams on the other hand seem to have become harder to find.

I think NES in general is going to become much more valuable in the next year or so, one of the biggest factors that was keeping the prices low is that GameStop and EB (corporate retailers) were stocking them regularly and getting them on a regular basis, both of which have stopped buying classic stuff, the only places still buying them around me is Gamecrazy and Music Recyclery. With the prices that they give for a game being rather low, that will keep lots of NES owners from trading them in, thus making them less common to find in the wild on a daily hunt, sure private retailers will still carry them, but most won't get really rare stuff in very often (with the exception of Sean Kelly) and I still find nes at thrift stores pretty often, mostly goodwill, but they usually only get a handfull at any given time. To make a long story short I think that these changes will be a determining factor for the raise in price and rarity of Nes (and other systems) games for the future to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it's maybe worth noting that maxi-15 carts seem to be more common here.

i've found four or five of them so far as of last week. there were a bunch in a local store at one time.

here's some info i found on the different versions:

Title: Maxi 15 (Original Version)
    Manufacturer: American Video Entertainment (AVE)
    Release Date: 1992
    Rating: Unique
    Price: $30.00-$50.00, $100.00-$150.00
    Notes: If you buy anything from this company, go for this even though it can sometimes be pricey. You get fifteen different games, including a few that are really hard to find alone. Hilarious, unfinished opening screen, but a great game. This version was packaged in a cardboard box with typical inserts. Easier to find than the other version, but the same game regardless. It is impossible to differentiate between the two if they are loose. The featured games are Chiller, Deathbots, Double Strike, Dudes with Attitude, F-15 City War, Krazy Kreatures, Menace Beach, Puzzle, Pyramid, Rad Racket Deluxe Tennis II, Shock Wave, Solitaire, Stakk’m, Tiles of Fate, and Venice Beach Volleyball.

Title: Maxi 15 (Plastic Case Version)
    Price: $30.00-$50.00, $150.00-$200.00
    Notes: Exactly the same as the original version, only this came packaged in a really nice hard, plastic case. Never gets smashed and will definitely remain the most solid piece of your collection if you can find it. A little more difficult to locate than the other. This is the one I’d shoot for if you’re really thinking of looking for it. I’ve listed it separately because it’s so much cooler.

no idea how accurate it is, but it may help.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym
    it's maybe worth noting that maxi-15 carts seem to be more common here.

i've found four or five of them so far as of last week. there were a bunch in a local store at one time.
    They are more commun because of the KTEL warehouse which they bought a big lot of these carts in the early 90's.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Title: Maxi 15 (Original Version)
    Price: $30.00-$50.00, $100.00-$150.00
    Notes: If you buy anything from this company, go for this even though it can sometimes be pricey. You get fifteen different games, including a few that are really hard to find alone. Hilarious, unfinished opening screen, but a great game. This version was packaged in a cardboard box with typical inserts. Easier to find than the other version, but the same game regardless. It is impossible to differentiate between the two if they are loose. The featured games are Chiller, Deathbots, Double Strike, Dudes with Attitude, F-15 City War, Krazy Kreatures, Menace Beach, Puzzle, Pyramid, Rad Racket Deluxe Tennis II, Shock Wave, Solitaire, Stakk’m, Tiles of Fate, and Venice Beach Volleyball.

Title: Maxi 15 (Plastic Case Version)
    Price: $30.00-$50.00, $150.00-$200.00
    Notes: Exactly the same as the original version, only this came packaged in a really nice hard, plastic case. Never gets smashed and will definitely remain the most solid piece of your collection if you can find it. A little more difficult to locate than the other. This is the one I’d shoot for if you’re really thinking of looking for it. I’ve listed it separately because it’s so much cooler.
    (c) Stan Stepanic.

If you're going to borrow info from other sources, it'd be good form to at least give credit to the original author.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i forgot to add that. sorry.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I've added ALL of these changes to the local database and will have this loaded up no later than Friday evening.

Keep the suggestions and tweaks coming - updates happen daily around here.

Thanks, all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sniperCCJVQ: i was told by the guy running the store that the flood in 97 ruined all/most of them and they were sold to different stores and/or throw out. it's not much info but it's a start. i'd still like to find out if there are any more of them in this warehouse, if it's still there.

also, action 52 seems more common in canada. there were a bunch of people at cgcc that were finding them for awhile.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sniperCCJVQ: i was told by the guy running the store that the flood in 97 ruined all/most of them and they were sold to different stores and/or throw out. it's not much info but it's a start. i'd still like to find out if there are any more of them in this warehouse, if it's still there.
    Interesting, I never knew the warehouse was ruinded in a flood. Thanks for that info.

also, action 52 seems more common in canada. there were a bunch of people at cgcc that were finding them for awhile.
    I said the same thing in one of my replies in this topic. I found mine (complete) for 20$ CND.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sachen game Q*bert should be Q Boy.

In the Penguin & Seal description it says that it was released as Antarctic Adventure by HES. It should be arctic adventure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=114576

Super mario bros has some unfinished sentences in the listing.

Easter Egg

Press A and Start after a game over and you will continue on the last world you were on.

Are the color dreams color variants going to receive rarities at all?

Challenge of the Dragon is still worth at least $20 IMO, also, no non us release updates?

Why is the Arkanoid controller listed as rarer and worth more by itself, but the cart listing is worth less combined and more common, that probably should get changed.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    Why is the Arkanoid controller listed as rarer and worth more by itself, but the cart listing is worth less combined and more common, that probably should get changed.
    I persononally think the game should be listed without the controller as an R3 (maybe 2)/$8-10. Looking at games like Stack-Up (which I don't think should be an R5, R4 tops), it's listed as cart only and the description mentions that complete it sells for around $150.

-Mike

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good informations about Brazil NES stuff that should be add to the NES "non-us" section :

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46456

Thanks to jbholio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was comparing the list of inserts/extras with what I have, and I'm questioning these:

-Dizzy the Adventurer: MAP. I acquired my ADE a long time ago brand new (with the inner seal). It came with 2 sets of instructions: 1 for the ADE, and 1 for Dizzy the Adventurer. The Dizzy manual is in the form of a fold out poster, but there was no map/insert in addition to that. Is this game's map listed erroneously, or did I somehow manage to get a mapless 'sealed' ADE? If it exists, can someone scan it or describe it?

-Solomon's Key: MAP. I know about the poster, but is there a true 'map' in addition to the poster? Perhaps the game was confused with Mighty Bomb Jack when listed? If it exists, can someone confirm/scan/describe it?

On a final note, if extras that did NOT come with the game are going to be listed in the guide (ie: Shadowgate hintbook) I think it should be made explicitly clear that they are mail order items. I don't think they should be listed anyway, because popular games had umpteen thousand books/guides that could be purchased in addition to the game. Where do we draw the line? I think it's best to list only items that were packaged with the game.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I agree with Shadowgate - if it didn't come WITH the game, it doesn't belong in there (unless noted otherwise).

I can confirm the Solomon's Key MAP. I just cracked my box open and it has a poster and a map. The map has a tiny representation of all the rooms, the map is entitled "Photo Map of Constellation Signs". I'll see if I can get it scanned for further proof but obviously this is all I need

Not sure about Dizzy, I've gotta find that one. Anyone else wanna check theirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the input about the Solomon's Key map. I guess I've got some searching to do to locate one of those.

As for the Dizzy map, it may have been confusion with the Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, as it came with a (rather useless) treasure map.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

[quote="pseudonym"]both wizardry games might have came with hint books (adventure guides?)too. i'm only wondering if they're actually manuals...

do the big posters that came with tengen games count as an insert?[/quote

Both Wizardry games had send away guides. Their manuals were the same size as the Dragon Warrior adventure guides.
    Might and Magic also had a send away guide
    Dragon Warrior 2 came with a registration card that had an offer to order Limited edition Dragon Warrior 2 and 3 posters. The card states that their were 450 DW2 and 1300 DW3 posters available. I have the DW2 poster(along with Enix letter) Its actually a Labyrinth map on one side and a Monster/weapon/armour chart on the back. I have never seen or heard of anyone who has the DW3 poster/map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think we need to go crazy over all the special order items for each game, but all info is welcomed in my opinion. A simple mention in the game description just mentioning that it was available would be fine in my book.