Thread: Japanese speakers, plz read

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Japanese speakers, plz read

The other day I scanned some pages from the instruction manual of the Famicom game "Dragon Scroll". Can someone translate or at least explain these individual pages?

I got a couple more, but if it gets on a roll, I'll post the other ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I hate to ask, but is there any way you can blow that up a bit? There are a few charcters I am unable to see very clearly.

My understanding of Japanese is very primative, but at the very least I could help you with what little I do know. It may not help much, but it could at the very least give some light to what you are seeking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd love to help, looks like some good practice, but I'm extremely busy right now. Mind waiting like a week or so? It's got furigana, so I should be able to take a crack at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Furigana?

That's what kanji a la hiragana is called?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Japanese speakers, plz read

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Contaminous

I recently got in contact with somebody that knew JP IRL, and he swiftly translated this whole picture. This is the game's storyline:

It was the age of sorcery. There was a three-headed chrome dragon that worshipped the dark arts (black magic) and a shining gold dragon that worshipped white magic. They fought many times over ideals and territory. The God Narume thought he (?) should put an end to this confrontation. He forced the chrome dragon to sleep in the mountain range, and the gold dragon to sleep in the desert. He robbed the Master Sorceror of his power, and sealed the 8 books of sorcery and hid them in the Holy Tower of the Desert.

It's been several hundred years since the God Narume wiped out sorcery from this world. People have lived in peace, and villages and towns have prospered. However, when people have rich lives, there will be those who think about bad things. Enter the 3 greedy thieves Safura, Kakai, and Venus. One day they did a very evil thing, and they were chased into the desert, where they got lost. They walked around for a while, and eventually arrived at the Holy Tower of the Desert, and discovered the books of sorcery. They thought they could get a lot of money by selling them, so the 8 books of sorcery were scatttered all over. As the books were scattered, the chrome dragon woke up from his long sleep, and intends to begin another age of dark magic.

So, the God Narume gave the gold dragon the blood of justice, raised him from the dead, and gave him the shape of a brave man named Feram. It's Feram's mission to get all the books of sorcery, and put the chrome dragon back into eternal slumber.

As Feram, you'll have to wear magic powers, solve riddles, and prepare a new legend. Well, with the God Narume's blood of justice, what kind of development will your Feram have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

looks good enough for me.....think they would help me translate some stuff?