Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage sale day finds...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    No I wasnt the guy who got stadium events, this stuff was at like 5 different garage sales. I will explain more when I get to school. I gotta add the last pic tonight too. I spent about $160 total but the stuff included on the next pic will make up for it.
    ace, i think the guy mean Hellvin got Stadium Events!

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

by the way I would have got a complete chrono trigger, megaman x, secret of evermore, secret of mana(loose) in there too if I would have had money with me the first day. Because the lady I got the NP from and the nes and all those nes games, had those but then looked then up on the internet after I left to get money. She also had some strategy guides for chrono, secret of evermore. I may go back there someday to get her colecovision(boxed), her secret of evermore, and her atari 400.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BOXED and minty looking redesigned NES plus all those games, including the LE Tecmo Super Bowl 2 plus a ton of other BOXED games? Wow. I wish I could find something like that.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude...where do you live? I think I may have to come visit. That's some nice stuff you got from those garage sales. Hopefully you got some swee deals on the price.
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have never seen anybody walk away from a garage sale with a haul like you did
    ________
    sc2 replay
    Last edited by Chainsaw_Charlie; 02-07-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that all from garage sales? Cause the snes boxes and other stuff looks like a ebay auction i once saw... Just wondering...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox
    Is that all from garage sales? Cause the snes boxes and other stuff looks like a ebay auction i once saw... Just wondering...
    Really??? You once saw an eBay auction with BOXED SNES GAMES in it?!?!? DAMN!!!!

Chris

Hint: Sarcasm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice!

I would have passed on the TMNT undies, but thats just me

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

oh you paid for it, i was gonna ask, how did you steal all that at once.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not trying be out of line here but I don't even believe that this all came from a garage sale or even 5 of them, sounds more like hey look at this pic of someof my stuff I have. Even at yard sale prices it would be more than 160.00 bucks AND anyone with that much stuff even divided by 5 would still have to know it was worth more than an average of 32 dollars worth of pay out per yard sale, but hey nice find if that is what it really is. Just seems a little to hard to believe IMHO. But I guess stranger things have happened.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by long_shawn_silver
    I'm not trying be out of line here but I don't even believe that this all came from a garage sale or even 5 of them, sounds more like hey look at this pic of someof my stuff I have. Even at yard sale prices it would be more than 160.00 bucks AND anyone with that much stuff even divided by 5 would still have to know it was worth more than an average of 32 dollars worth of pay out per yard sale, but hey nice find if that is what it really is. Just seems a little to hard to believe IMHO. But I guess stranger things have happened.
    Not hard to believe, alot of people on this board got this kind of lot when hunting for game. It happed 2-3 times in the past for me.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You haven't been hunting long enough. There are weekends that I've come out with more stuff than this for $50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Firstly, great finds!

Secondly, though it doesn't happen all the time, it does happen. I've come away with about half that stuff for $20 before, so it can be done. You just gotta get out there and do it - don't skip any houses, and spend some time, and you'll come away just as well off.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh no, I'm not saying I haven't got great games in the wild. Hell I have found 2 ATARI 2600 Rare9 games in the last 3 months alone (Spider Maze & Bearenstien Bears) but just the volume of this lot is what I had a hard time grasping. I know there is lots of great shit to be found just don't see it myself like this EVER, and especially for a bill sixty. But anyhow is this guys selling any of it? Thereis some nintendo shit there I would buy.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the snes boxes have no games in them. But now Iused them to make my games complete. It was an ebay auction. And the main thing was, none of this stuff was out at the garage sales but the tmnt jammies. The rest was from me asking "do you have any old video games?"

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are extremely incorrect, all cost me between 150-170 bucks TOTAL within a few garage sales and a random kid I asked for games (pic for that coming soon.)

Why the heck would I lie about stuff I get? Havent you seen my past pics of finds? I ususally just take pics of stuff from within 2 weeks or so. And it ocmes out to this amount. This was a weekend of about 90 houses having garage sales. I went or called about 60 and asked evey house for stuff and got this from about 5. A couple houses has a couple games so maybe about 7 total then.

Do you think that guy that got stadium events actually just bought it off ebay for $500? Well then think that, your day may come, just gotta hunt and get lucky!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Wow!! Nice findings!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    You haven't been hunting long enough. There are weekends that I've come out with more stuff than this for $50.
    Ditto..
    I guess he hasn't been checking the weekend finds threads,I can understand that.

Practically every weekend I come home with a ton of stuff(same type stuff) from either one flea market..various garage sales or other misc flea markets going on.
    Spending less then $100.00 and I pass a lot of stuff up..

This is nothing new to me but it's a very nice find..

Congrats again..

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great finds greg. If you don't need that toploader box, send me a PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for seeming out of line, I guess my city is just too small and I was to close minded on this topic, my apollogies . I guess I just get lucky that my small finds have had really rare games. Out of the 30 people I got games from this summer the best I got in the wild was 2 rare9 ATARI 2600 games and a tabletop NES PC10 arcade machine from a laundry mat the was closing down. All the best to ya and you finds guys, hoping it happens to me soon, I could use the boost in my personal collection alone!!! :P