Well, not so much of a review as much as my impressions after playing it for the past hour.

First of all, I think they really raised the bar as far as language goes. Within the first 2 minutes I heard (keeping this clean) the F word, the S word, the N word, BS, MF ... actually I can't think of any four letter words I didn't hear. From the opening clip where you have a conversation with the local police, you know right away what's in store for you.

The people in GTA5 seem to react more realisticly this time around. Punch a hooker and her pimp may come running. Try and carjack a gangbanger's car and he's liable to step out and open fire on you, and they're not the only ones -- the police appear to be quicker (and deadlier) on the trigger this time around as well. Smack a cop and be prepared to run far and fast to avoid the spray of gunfire. And while you can take a few shots before going down, I learned the hard way that a shotgun blast will pretty much end your game in a hurry.

In the first 30 seconds of the game I managed to get my bicycle stuck in a chain link fence, an error I never was able to recover from (without ditching the bike). Unlike the other GTA's, in this one there aren't a lot of primo cars available for your taking -- at least not initially. I pretty much found a choice of sedans, taxis, or police motorcycles (which aren't worth it in the long run).

I haven't really started the missions yet, I just spent about an hour driving around the town. MAN is it big. I mean, BIG BIG.

I assume the game is running off of the same engine, as I experienced the same issues as with the other games, mainly popup and (in high speed chases) a blurring effect.

If you ever wanted to play pretend shoot-em-up in an NWA video, GTA5 is your chance.