Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting stricter all the time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Getting stricter all the time!

This guy doesn't screw around on his auctions! Here are some of the highlights. These are all from ONE AUCTION.

"If you attempt to send an unconfirmed paypal address, i will report you to ebay central, and Paypal. Consequently, your account will be suspended by both parties and your life ruined. Please No UNCONFIRMED addresses. In addition, I shall send you e-mail with a tirade of un-called for didactic lectures."

"All bidders must have feedback. Any bidder with feedback lower than 70% may not bid. All bidders who have zero feedback may not bid. If you fall into one of these categories and you bid, and end up winning the item, I will cancel your bid, leave you negative feedback, and you may not receive your money back."

"Lastly, All products are sold in the condition stated in the ad. All products are shown in pictures. If an item or auxillary item is not shown in the pictures, then it will not be included, EVEN if it is stated in the Auction."

"ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Final. Final. Final. Final. Final."

"No returns, no exchanges, no refunds, no partly, fully, kinda, sorta, pieces of trades, turn ins, switches, or any matter of the aforementioned sort. You get what you receive. If there are any damages, nicks, skins, bruises, bashes, or kinks on your package, go chastize UPS. Leave me alone."

"Above all, i will leave positive feedback for anybody who purchases, and receives and also leaves me positive feedback. Anybody who leaves me negative feedback will receive negative feedback, a record in your ebay account, and serveral complaints to your paypal account. I will only leave feedback after I have received feedback. Therefore, please be gracious and tend to the first gesture."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Sounds like someone who got screwed over a few times.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow what a nazi
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

And he only has 1 feedback!

*irony*
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

You left out some more of his conditions......the part about not taking '7-11' money orders confuses the hell out of me. What the hell is the difference?!?!? A money order is a MONEY ORDER. It's PROMISED money. It does'nt matter WHERE the hell you get it at, you ALLREADY gave someone REAL CASH to get it. Geesh.

I'm not sure I'd buy anything from that guy....the people who sound like lawyers are often the worse to deal with.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No soup for you!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a really strict rule.

Don't buy from assholes.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That stick up his ass must have a stick up its ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default i should buy this

I should buy this and give him a negative just to piss him off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sellers should always be the first one to give feedback. As they get the payment first, their side of the auction is completed first when they mail the item. Leave feedback for prompt payment, good communication, etc. The Buyer is the one who should wait until the receive the item. I'm just amazed at assholes like this who expect positive feedback from all their auctions. I've had bad transactions go down where people left me negatives, but I gave them positives or neutrals. Sure it sucks getting a negative, but if I did something to deserve it then I'm not going to take it out on the other guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and of course two bidders with zero feedback are bidding on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by FlufflePuff
    Sellers should always be the first one to give feedback. As they get the payment first, their side of the auction is completed first when they mail the item. Leave feedback for prompt payment, good communication, etc. The Buyer is the one who should wait until the receive the item. I'm just amazed at assholes like this who expect positive feedback from all their auctions. I've had bad transactions go down where people left me negatives, but I gave them positives or neutrals. Sure it sucks getting a negative, but if I did something to deserve it then I'm not going to take it out on the other guy.
    I don't agree with that. I think that the buyer should leave feedback first when he gets the item. The seller can then leave feedback about the transaction second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar
    I don't agree with that. I think that the buyer should leave feedback first when he gets the item. The seller can then leave feedback about the transaction second.
    And I don't agree with you, I've always believed myself that the buyer should get his feedback when he pays. But then again, that's just me. But let's not get into this again, this always turns into a flame war.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I still feel that eBay should have a "double-blind" feedback system, where you cannot see the feedback left for you by a person until you leave feedback for that person. Feedback should NOT be based on the feedback left for you, but sellers seem to have the nearly universal policy that they will leave the same feedback that they recieve, no matter what. If some dickhead seller sells me an item that was misrepresented or shipped too slowly, etc. then I should feel free to leave appropriate feedback without fear of retributrion. Same goes for sellers. If they had to wait 3 weeks for payment from some flaky teenager who won an auction when he didn't have the money "yet", but then sent the item promptly, then they should be able to leave appropriate feedback for the buyer without fear of a retaliatory neg.

Chris

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody ever agrees on who should leave feedback first. Lets not talk about it.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    I still feel that eBay should have a "double-blind" feedback system,
    This is the most intelligent thing I've read on the forums in quite a while.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    I still feel that eBay should have a "double-blind" feedback system,
    This is the most intelligent thing I've read on the forums in quite a while.

I like this idea also. Maybe you should propose this to ebay. What does everyone else think?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Double blind .. nice idea, but would require a lot more effort on ebay's part.

Also, there are some potential problems. In order for it to really work, the feedback would have to be visible to no-one until both parties have left their feedback, otherwise it is easily surmountable. You just get someone else (or use a secondary account) to check what feedback has been left for you.

This would then lead to the following problem - say I screw someone over, knowing that they are then going to leave me negative feedback. I then simply leave no feedback for them. And hey presto, I know that their negative feedback won't show up on my record until I leave my feedback. I never leave mine, I don't get that neg.

It does suck to have retaliatory feedback, but the feedback system only really works because it gives an opportunity for people to register immediately if someone screws them ... without this there would be a hell of a lot more scammers on ebay than there are even now. And that would just about be the death of ebay ...

It's by no means a perfect system, but I am inclined to think that it is perhaps just about as good as you are going to be able to get.

Vroomfunkel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Time
    I like this idea also. Maybe you should propose this to ebay. What does everyone else think?
    its funny, i just proposed this idea to ebay a couple days ago, after ordering a couple sega cd games. the seller advertised them as having "no scratches", but one had a scratch on the picture side that was so deep that the data had actually been scratched off. the second had some of those round scratches that come from the disc scraping against something in the cd player, really bad ones.
    the seller didnt leave feedback. i emailed him, complaining, and he emailed me back saying hes an electrical engineer and would have noticed something like that.
    i didnt leave him feedback either. im not losing my 100% rating because I got ripped off...

and, for the record, i always wait until after a buyer receives their item. if they dont leave me feedback after a while, i will leave feedback regardless. would never leave a negative because somebody wasnt happy with my service, but i dont want anybody to pull some sort of scam on me. a buyer could pull a lot of shit once theyve received their item.