Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's left of the classic games at your local Gamestops?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both GameStops around here have nothing under Playstation now. No NES, SNES, Sega, Dreamcast or N64. Just a year ago they had all of that AND Atari!

I think they will bring them back, they are just trying to make the demand higher (crosses fingers)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my area they all moved all their classic stuff to one central store (which is easily accessable to me also).

And that ONE store has tons of dreamcast stuff. They're a bit weak on the Genesis/SNES/NES stuff.... Never seen any atari there.

I did pick up some anime and DC games at 50% off.

-Tritium
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I visit about 5-6 Gamestops in my area within about a 30-40 mile radius. All the NES & GENNY stuff is rubbish. There are a couple of stores that do have a nice amount of Dreamcast stuff. In fact, I was able to pick up some games in the "buy 2 get 1 free" deal they had and got a Marvel vs Capcom 2 complete for DC for free. However, most of the DC stuff is disc-only. I see SOO many Seamans for DC it's funny.

Aside from that, nothing really. All of the NES, N64, and Genny games worth getting are at my local EB stores.

Speaking of local game stores. If anyone is in the Metro Northern VA area, all of the GAMECRAZIES (ala Holywood Video) have stopped keeping the BACK INSERT on PSX and Dreamcast games because upper management made a decision to throw away all jewel cases for current in-stock and future traded in PSX and DC games, keeping ONLY the game disc and MANUAL.

HOWEVER, if you are a completist- the back insert is critical and that gets tossed away with the jewel case. This is the most ridiculous thing to happen in my area and would make getting ANY complete HTF PSX and DC games impossible.

Anyway, I don't want to stray away too much from the original subject of the thread, but I just had to vent that. :/
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never did get my Dreamcast before the sold the last at my local GS. Can't beat the $20 price tag.

DJ
    "Same time, same place, but wrong day" The Fixx from Shuttered Rooms 1982

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My local GameStop's selection is a shadow of its former self. I'd say there's probably more SNES games than anything else, but that's still no more than maybe... 15 SNES games. There are barely any NES games or Genesis games (but they never had a lot of Genesis games to begin with). I don't think there are any Dreamcast games left at all, but they didn't have many before. To be honest, I sort of cleaned them out of good, low-priced NES, SNES, and Genesis games even before the decision was made. There were still a ton of NES and SNES games back then, but what was left was over-priced, crappy, or I already had it. As for what's left now, they still have a few interesting SNES RPGs and strategy games, but they're asking for way more than I'd pay.

The N64 selection never changed at my store. They still have a ton of games, and many of them are good titles. The prices are still too high, though.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My local Funcoland at one time had full racks of DC, NES, SNES and Genesis. They are now down to one rack for all of those systems and are selling all but DC for buy one get one free.

About the only thing left is over priced and sports titles. There are more DC games but most of those are disk only. Last time in I picked up a Genesis Mouse for 99 cents. The sad thing was I could not find anthing worth getting for free with it.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gamestop by me has about 40 wwf DC games new and about 3 other games...

SNES and genny have quite a few left, NES has probably 20...nothing great though. soas to say, nothing i dont have..