Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream Item = Framed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dream Item = Framed

Yay! Just got it back today from the framer. It took me 4 years to find one of these posters for sale on ebay. It took 15 days for them to frame the thing... Thats what you get for paying only $22 for labor . I was worried that the matting and frame I picked wouldn't look too good, but it seems pretty nice. I know nobody cares but I feel like gloating since I spent so much on the damn thing .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is awesome!

I have a Japanese Giga Wing poster that is HUGE and I need to get it custom framed.

Framed posters = teh goodness.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Now this is ironic. People buying custom made frames for video game posters and at my last art show I cheated and stocked up on Target brand frames.

It does look really nice though.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Historian Live

I need to figure out how to print my art work.. then I'll think about framing it.. and then selling it....

Perhaps a huge plotter....
    Community Manager for Acclaim Games Inc.
    http://www.acclaim.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Now this is ironic. People buying custom made frames for video game posters and at my last art show I cheated and stocked up on Target brand frames.

It does look really nice though.
    One reason I got a custom frame is because the damn thing is too big for a non custom. Its like 41 x 26 or something. Notice the really tiny looking SNES controller . Overall I spent around 150 for the whole thing. All but 22 of that was just materal costs. I got acid free backing and matting, conservation glass, and pretty cheap frame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That looks awesome!! I would love to get my hands on a poster of either Final Fantasy III or Shadowrun and get it framed. *sigh*
    Until then its 3M poster stickies for me. Maybe I should get my Super Smash Brothers Melee poster framed. Hmmm...

Anyway, grats on the amazing looking poster.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty darn cool. Though I'll admit that the first thing that comes to mind is "I've never seen this game before. Where does the slice of pizza come into play?" I'll have to find out more about this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor Dot Fossils
    Pretty darn cool. Though I'll admit that the first thing that comes to mind is "I've never seen this game before. Where does the slice of pizza come into play?" I'll have to find out more about this game.
    Its a great game, and most agree it's in the top 10 RPGs of the 16 bit era. It has a cult following even to this day. Think of an epic RPG like FF6 and then replace the fantasy backdrop with modern cities, the swords with baseball bats, and the monsters with deranged homocidal hippies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Custom framing is so expensive. :( I have a bunch of stuff I need done too, but I'm procrastinating ...

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Looks great! I love the artwork for the game (including the art inside the game itself). Where are you gonna hang it? Are you planning a "gallery" of similar items? That would indeed rock.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not custom framed or anything, but this is the greatest poster ever made.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DAMN , that Super Street Fighter 2 poster is SWEET !!! It looks clean as hell too in the frame it's in. I really want an oldschool zelda poster from the NES days , but I don't know if they exist or not.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor Dot Fossils
    Its a great game, and most agree it's in the top 10 RPGs of the 16 bit era. It has a cult following even to this day. Think of an epic RPG like FF6 and then replace the fantasy backdrop with modern cities, the swords with baseball bats, and the monsters with deranged homocidal hippies.
    I consider it one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Not trying to rain on your thread, just mentioning in contrast to your "top 10" statement that I'm a huge fan of 16-bit RPGs and most people I've talked to from outside of DP consider it to be a somewhat poor RPG.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a funny story about Earthbound.

I used to run a game store. We dealt in used games. Guy comes in (I wasn't there that evening, my parttimers were) with a big pile of games to sell. All NES and SNES. There was your usual common stuff......and a loose copy of Earthbound.

Okay...fine.

Fast forward to a few days later. I get a call from a woman. She was frantic.

Turns out that their teenaged daughter, who was away at school, had given them a list of games that they were allowed to sell as part of a house cleanup sort of thing.

Not Earthbound...as the frantic mother explained....but EarthWORM Jim!!!!! The dad had sold us her beloved copy of Earthbound instead of Earthworm Jim.

It didn't help matters any when I explained to her that we had, as anyone would guess, sold it ASAP.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    I consider it one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Not trying to rain on your thread, just mentioning in contrast to your "top 10" statement that I'm a huge fan of 16-bit RPGs and most people I've talked to from outside of DP consider it to be a somewhat poor RPG.
    It's got a humorous tone that you'll either love or hate. It sort of mocks the serious RPGs, so I can see how some don't like it.

That having been said, Earthbound is easily my favorite RPG of all time. I discovered it when I was sick once over the school weekend (my parents would rent me a game to keep me busy over the weekend when I couldn't go out) and loved it so much that I don't think I slept more than 6 hours for the weekend, which meant I was too sick to go Monday, which meant I kept playing the game...

Unfortunately, it got returned Monday night and I was sick for a couple more days with no game.

As soon as I got better, I rented it again and beat it. I have since played through it at least 10 times. My copy of the game was found at a used video shop for $5.95 in the big box but without the manual. It was really beat up and has rips and tears on the cart, but I wouldn't trade it for a mint copy ever. And I've had quite a few pass through my hands.

I bought my N64 just because it was supposed to get Earthbound 64. Because it never came out, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from purchasing that system.

I will buy a GameBoy SP (errr... DS ) if the compilation is released in the states.

I agree that Earthbound wasn't one of the 10 best RPGs in the 16-bit era... I think it was the best ever. And about a million times better than the NES Mother, which has the same great humor but loses a lot of points based on stupid "you can't figure it out without a guide" parts.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what did you pay for that poster?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, an amazing poster for an amazing game....I want that so bad.

Earthbound is easily one of the ten greatest games ever concieved, and many of my fondest childhood memories came from that game. I still remember renting it for the first time perfectly, and I was instantly entranced by its greatness.

Honestly, how could you not love a game where hippies attack you by brushing their teeth and blinding you with the shininess? It also has one of the greatest final bosses ever.

Earthbound= definitive masterpiece. end of story.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[One reason I got a custom frame is because the damn thing is too big for a non custom. Its like 41 x 26 or something. Notice the really tiny looking SNES controller . Overall I spent around 150 for the whole thing. All but 22 of that was just materal costs. I got acid free backing and matting, conservation glass, and pretty cheap frame.[/quote]
    damn ! for $150 it's cheaper then a art picture( print) from a art store .. that is one sweet looking picture . congratulations
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well thanks a lot.

Now it looks like I'll be collecting Game Posters and Framing them.

You guys make me waste soooooo much money..... :/

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    Sorry Promophile, but i'm going to have to side with Wise salesman. I would
    give Earthbound points for being original and humorus. Though thats about the only praise I could give it.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.