Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slimy SOB seller

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Griking, he has factory sealed games as well. He knows about the horizontal seal and all that. He's sold hundreds of NES games. This isn't some confused grandma in Idaho, but a guy who knows exactly what he's doing. It's shady.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was debating whether or not to repost my post about this guy for the second time in 2 days, but I'll just link to it. Look at my post here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44843

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevincure
    Griking, he has factory sealed games as well. He knows about the horizontal seal and all that. He's sold hundreds of NES games. This isn't some confused grandma in Idaho, but a guy who knows exactly what he's doing. It's shady.
    good point... i too saw this and mentioned it, he does have a factory sealed tmnt III for sale... as well as these resealed games. he does know what he is doing. Even in those emails from him to you number6, he never mentioned once factory sealed. He isn't lying.. but he isn't being honest. My adivce? Don't buy from him if want factory sealed stuff.

but... i cannot stress enough, his auction doesn't say factory sealed or new game, so he does get away with this, hence why he is still on ebay. just be aware

-josh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Adol buys lots of stuff secondhand, so it's not as if he resealed it himself (he may have or may have not, but I suppose you can assume all sorts of unkind things too). Saying that it's his perogative to be completely up to speed on the odd mechanics of sealed games is pretty silly - first off, NO seller is going to go out of their way to degrade the value of their auction, and secondly they probably have better things to do than email countless people and get contradictory replies about what constitutes a sealed US NES game.

I also think that his reply was very straightforward. Yup, it looks mint and it looks sealed. Anything else?

I think that anybody who's expecting eBay auctions for sealed games to be completely reliable needs to get their head checked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Adol buys lots of stuff secondhand, so it's not as if he resealed it himself (he may have or may have not, but I suppose you can assume all sorts of unkind things too). Saying that it's his perogative to be completely up to speed on the odd mechanics of sealed games is pretty silly - first off, NO seller is going to go out of their way to degrade the value of their auction, and secondly they probably have better things to do than email countless people and get contradictory replies about what constitutes a sealed US NES game.

I also think that his reply was very straightforward. Yup, it looks mint and it looks sealed. Anything else?

I think that anybody who's expecting eBay auctions for sealed games to be completely reliable needs to get their head checked.

Thank You!

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

But really, someone as experienced as Adol is should be able to make a damn good educated GUESS if the game is resealed or not, no?

I agree that his auctions may be a bit misleading, but I suspose buying sealed games is a big risk and something I don't understand anyway.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    Because he sells Sealed games ALL the time, and he buys them.

He wouldn't do that unless he has a large amount of knowledge about sealed games.

And as all the sealed game collectors here know, once you've seen sealed games and re-seals it's very easy to tell the difference.

Lord with all your defending of this guy I'm beginning to wonder if you might be Adol.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I've only been collecting sealed SNES games for a year now, and even I can tell the difference. The very first time that you have the misfortune of getting one, you instantly know it, if you have any genuine sealed SNES games to compare it to, which I do have.

I dunno about sealed NES games because I don't collect for that system, but if I did, I'm sure that I would learn the difference as quickly for that one as I did for the SNES. And this Adol guy must have 1000's of games per year passing through his hands, so he knows exactly what he's doing with them.

So I have to agree with him being the worst kind of seller. When even your responses to questions about your items are carefully worded to decieve, it's pretty obvious that you're just slime. So no wonder he can afford to deal in those kinds of quantities, he rips people off to finance his own collecting.

It's true that no savvy seller in the world is gonna play down his auctions when he knows that he can make alot more money by wording them in a different way, but there are still lots of sellers who are honest enough to point out that what they're selling may or may not be what it appears to be.

If there's any doubt, at least say that the buyer assumes all risk that the item may not be what he thinks it is. The seller will make alot more money that way than he will by any other method, because that establishes trust from your buyers. Most sellers understand this, but some are too busy trying to rip people off and mislead them to worry about what their buyers think.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a non-Ebay expert, I'm gonna say this guy comes off as a jerk to me.

Still, buyer beware.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, from what I understand of it, Adol is to sealed NES as skiier_addict is to sealed SNES. Both of these guys apparently have unlimited resources, and both are the bane of every other sealed NES/SNES collector on ebay. If you bid on either one of these types of auctions, you WILL run into these guys.

I wish that ebay had some kind of rule that says you can't just bid on every auction that comes along of the same type. Especially if you repeatedly buy the same item over and over again, like some of these guys do. That's the same thing as shill bidding, as far as I'm concerned. If nobody else can get a sealed "insert game here" without having to outbid some assholes like these guys, who bid on every single one ever offered for sale, isn't that the same thing as intentionally inflating the price of an item? Ebay has a record of how many times these guys have bought the exact same game on ebay before, so they should limit their ability to keep bidding on items they already won.

Maybe all the high volume buyers & sellers like that should be limited on the number of auctions they can bid on per month, or the number of auctions they can win per month. But there really needs to be some way to prevent people from monopolizing a particular game or a particular genre like this. It just doesn't seem right to me that the rest of us should have to outbid all these guys with bottomless pockets who are just gonna turn right around and resell everything they win for an even higher price. That's why alot of games like the sealed Chrono Triggers and whatnot have gotten to be as expensive as they are. The same people buy them all, over and over again, always bidding the same ridiculously high amounts for them, so nobody else is ever gonna get one without paying their extortion fees to get one away from them. It's just stupid, and it isn't fair for ebay to allow it to happen.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saying that it's his perogative to be completely up to speed on the odd mechanics of sealed games is pretty silly - first off, NO seller is going to go out of their way to degrade the value of their auction, and secondly they probably have better things to do than email countless people and get contradictory replies about what constitutes a sealed US NES game.
    I guess I have higher standards than you do. The point is he says it's mint, but when asked about it he really does not know if it is or not. I really hate it when people blatantly lie to get a higher value for their auction.

I don't see how my replies were contradictory. Could you explain that? Mint is pretty easy to understand if you ask me. Here's the definition for you from dictionary.com:

"as if new; "in mint condition""

To me that means the seller has inspected the item to verify it is mint or they know it is factory sealed. This seller does not know for certain that the game is mint, but to drive the price up for his auction he is willing to say it is.

Looks mint and it's mint are 2 different descriptions altogether. His auction says "Mint" not "looks mint". The seller is basically lieing, but that is apparently cool by you. Sorry, but there is no real defense for this seller's behaviour unless you have similar standards.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Adol is cool"

-Maddrox

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

"+1"

- pretty much anything 'charitycasegreg' posts

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    "+1"
    I love you Joe
    Midwest

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    [quote="digitalpress"]"+1"

I love you Joe
    Another 1200 posts and he may learn how to use that fancy "BBCode"! It's like some kind of crazy science! Or maybe magic.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    [quote="digitalpress"]"+1"

I love you Joe
    Another 1200 posts and he may learn how to use that fancy "BBCode"! It's like some kind of crazy science! Or maybe magic.
    Well it didnt work the first 2 times for me but you got it to work the first time, so I guess it is just magic.. and I am horible at it

PS: you have gotten me to post like 15 pointless posts in the last half hour. This topic is jacked.
    Midwest

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well,this is my first port here,and i must admit i don't have much time to debate in forums,especially on English ones,where it isn't my first language ( and it s 4am here

The games FACTORY SEALED are described as FACTORY SEALED,with horizontal sema line on the back...no question about those,i can vouch for them

About my sealed NES games...They're sealed,and THEN i must suppose they're NOT factory sealed ( that's why i didn't put them in NEW category )...i got them SEALED,and i have to say they're in mint condition...few of those have been opened on top ( in that case i say mint,with factory seal...and i precise it is opened ),and they're in mint condition&complete,but surely used

Then, please bid with knowledge that they're maybe resealed games...MINT,SUPER MINT & complete games,but possibly USED GAMES...since they're sealed,i didn't want to open them to verify,but please bid considerin they're used games then

I DO NOT OWN a SEALING MACHINE
    I got them that way,and resell them that way...

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for coming here and posting.

A lot of times sellers won't come here and post because they are trying to cheat people.

But I do have to ask. Why not just give a little more info. Are you being vague to try to get more for your auctions ? And does it bother you getting negatives when they could have been avoided with a little more info ?

Well anyway , thanks again for posting and clearing up some of the more important issues.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

It's only my word, but I can tell you that Adol is a good man. We've done business together many times over the years. Consider the language barrier... if you post your auctions on eBay Japan you might be considered "vague" to them as well.

I'll let the man speak for himself but I wanted to share my experience and invited him here becaue I know he's on the up and up.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AS told befpre,most of my negs don't come from buyers,but from SELLERS, who don't leave positive feedback ( even if i paid for stuff ) until i leave positive for them..and when i don't receive stuff at all,or factory sealed games SQUISHED in bubblewrap envelopes,of course i'm not happy,and i let negative feedback to the seller...and in return,i receive an unappropriate negative feedback

For the games,i'm quite busy those days outside of internet,so i just told the truth;they're sealed, ireceievd them that way,they have line seams on sides,but not on the back ( and you can see that on pictures ), so i guess they're not FACTORY sealed,but just sealed...
    some of them are opened on top,and the contents inside are really mint,and everything is complete...sleeve,styrofoam,instructions,plastic bag EVERY time a game has been opened...
    i didn't open the other sealed games for checking,but i'm sure they're in same condition
    4am here,good night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    I don't see how my replies were contradictory. Could you explain that?
    Why would I accuse the Man in the Lotus of being contradictory?

I mean that the debate on what makes a sealed NES game is still ongoing (h-seam versus no h-seam, etc.)

To me that means the seller has inspected the item to verify it is mint or they know it is factory sealed. This seller does not know for certain that the game is mint, but to drive the price up for his auction he is willing to say it is.
    Again...we are just guessing that this is a reseal? On what basis? That it has no h-seal? Again I say...you have to devote some serious time to understand what's what in terms of sealed games.

I suppose if I sold dozens of games a week I wouldn't have the time to care much either.

Caveat emptor, as always...if you're gonna get into the sealed games business, prepare to be burned. It's gonna happen, whether or not the seller is trying to make an extra buck or not.