Thread: are there plans to differentiate betweeen GH and regular? PS

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default are there plans to differentiate betweeen GH and regular? PS

its obvious that the non Greatest hits versions of games are harder to find than ther green tag counterparts.

my question is that why not differentiate them in our guide, i think they should be like level 3 at least. some games are VERY hard to find non GH

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Postulio wrote

its obvious that the non Greatest hits versions of games are harder to find than ther green tag counterparts.

my question is that why not differentiate them in our guide, i think they should be like level 3 at least. some games are VERY hard to find non GH

It's in the works, it is being done for most every game system in some way shape or form, there is a ton of work (the database is huge) so it takes time. it you have some expertise or info please share it with us to and you will help speed things up too.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i managed to collect all the squaresoft rpgs and some most other rpgs in non-GH form for the PS.

i dont know who to share my experience with. i suppose i can post them here, whos in charge of updating hte DB?

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27635

That is the Playstation thread, talk to papastu or dangerboy, they will answer any further questions for you.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

some games are VERY hard to find non GH
    I can actually debunk that right now with with three words:

"Eidos Greatest Hits"

I've regretfully stumbled on a freaking FLOCK of Greatest Hit variants from them, where each one has a different set of demos than the prior release. Some of the titles even started the trend before they went GH, so trying to sort out just how many GH versions there are becomes a nightmare. I';ve had more luck coming across the regular versions than the GH.

What makes it worse is that the serial ID system that WD used for their pictures / insert variants is nowhere to be found with Eidos.

Secondly, Rarity levels are so opinionated and objective that they need to be fully researched on a grand scale, something that we're doing as best we can. I can name off several instances where a game may not be found anywhere within 20 miles of my house, online or offline, but if I drive that one extra mile, there's some store with 30 copies of it. The rarity portion is most likely the last part that will ever be finished, if ever.

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would definitely be surprised if ALL GH copies are less rare than the originals...I'm not sure what the mark is but you consider that sometimes it's considered a million, and sometimes they'll print only some in the first place...ah, screw it, not even gonna go there.

How did Sony decide what was considered GH status, anyhow? I read an old news item the other day off GameSpot or somewhere detailing how 3 "Activision" games (Tenchu among them) were awarded GH status...apparently simultaneously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm sure the PSoen games were run differently, but for PS2 it's usually something like 900,000+ copies of the game need to sell within a certain amount of time.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The cutoff for GH depended on when in the PS1 lifespan you're discussing. I believe the earliest GH games had a cutoff of something like 250000, while later releases had a much higher bar. Even this is no hard and fast rule: witness FF Tactics. Some games are rarer in GH, some equally rare, some rarer in original. When I went through the data, I only noted titles that sold for a significantly higher price in the original packaging (such as Tactics, and, at one point, Symphony of the Night); the economist in me says that the market is giving some information here about the relative rarity of each.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I just made a post about this same subject not too long ago Here in regards to current release requirements for a PS game to go GH.

400k plus a year of release for the PS2 game, 250k culmative for the PlayStation. I know that the PS used to have higher requirements, as well as a year timespan on the games as well.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog