Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Toca Race Driver 2 w/ Bonus Disc

  1. #1
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,939
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Toca Race Driver 2 w/ Bonus Disc

    Yesterday I violated my 'no game over $20'-rule and picked up Toca Race Driver 2 for the XBox. To my surprise, the game comes with a sperarate disc for Colin McRae 4 and a second instruction booklet for Colin McRae 4.

    Two first-rate racers (McRae 4 is the best rally game around in my opinion) for $30, a good deal. I had already McRae 4, but for the ones of you interested in racers you might pick up this one (or wait when it is $20).

    I don't know if the PS2 version contains the bonus disc as well.

    (for collectors: the bonus disc and instruction booklet are the same like in trhe original, no disc label variation)

  2. #2
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'm still kicking myself over buying Toca Race Driver 2 for $26 used JUST BEFORE they announced this little bundle. I could've had another awesome game for just a couple of bucks more.....
    "Everything that you've ever done, are doing now, or will ever do is a complete waste of time unless it directly involves Randy 'Macho Man' Savage." - random Amazon.com review

  3. #3
    Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    291
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Is there any way to know for sure that you're getting the version that comes with Colin '04 packed in?
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

    My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

  4. #4
    RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,363
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta
    Is there any way to know for sure that you're getting the version that comes with Colin '04 packed in?

    Ditto....

  5. #5
    Pac-Man (Level 10) spoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,413
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    It came out about 1-2 months ago. I believe the box has a small ad on it that says. If not, the part number will be different.

  6. #6
    Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    291
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    It came out about 1-2 months ago. I believe the box has a small ad on it that says. If not, the part number will be different.
    Does anyone have both part numbers?

    Better yet, does anyone know of an online retailer that DEFINTELY offers the new version?
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

    My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,939
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    You can't miss the bonus disc, no part numbers necessary.

    At the bottom of the cover it says "Bonus Disc inside. Full Version of Colin McRae Rally 04," and the cover of McRae 04 is pictured.

    I never noticed it just looking at games in stores becasue the games are usually stacked behind each other, hiding the bottom of the box.

  8. #8
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Bump

    I just bought this for $15 (Half price at Kmart. Sale's over now.) and haven't tried it yet. The graphics on the box look awesome and it got a great rating on GameSpot. Anyone else played the game? Is it pick up and play for a casual racer like myself? How about the included copy of Colin McRae?

    I haven't opened it yet.

  9. #9
    ServBot (Level 11)
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I think this version could only be purchased at Wal-Mart because that's the only place I've seen it new before. Don't remember how much it was, though.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

  10. #10
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    I think this version could only be purchased at Wal-Mart because that's the only place I've seen it new before. Don't remember how much it was, though.
    How wrong you are. I got mine at Kmart.

  11. #11
    ServBot (Level 11)
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I try my damndest to stay away from K-Mart.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

  12. #12
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    I try my damndest to stay away from K-Mart.
    And you prefer Wal-Mart? May I ask why?

  13. #13
    ServBot (Level 11)
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I only went in Wal-Mart for groceries, Jasoco.

    Honestly, the only electronics I ever bought from there was a $50 TV off the demos cart and some Xbox and GameCube to PS2 adaptors for $5 each. And my Sega Classics GBA game.

    Okay, okay, and the $5.88 DVDs.

    Other than that, I don't really shop at Wal-Mart.

    Really.

    YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

  14. #14
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    I only went in Wal-Mart for groceries, Jasoco.

    Honestly, the only electronics I ever bought from there was a $50 TV off the demos cart and some Xbox and GameCube to PS2 adaptors for $5 each. And my Sega Classics GBA game.

    Okay, okay, and the $5.88 DVDs.

    Other than that, I don't really shop at Wal-Mart.

    Really.

    YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!
    But, I have to ask. Just once. What do you have against K-mart? Seriously.

    On topic, anyone have any experience with the game? So far this thread's only about whether it exists or not and where to find it. I haven't opened it because I don't have my Xbox here at the moment, but I would like to know before hand.

  15. #15
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    They both suck. Going to Wal-Mart is worse than visiting a flea market. And K-Mart isn't much better, only they are more expensive. That, coupled with the Martha Stewart connection, their constant "Closing Down" signs which have been up since October, and frankly, K-Mart just sucks.

    But I do still go to Wal-Mart... the prices are great, you just have to make sure you have low blood pressure before entering the store.

  16. #16
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayejectbutton
    They both suck. Going to Wal-Mart is worse than visiting a flea market. And K-Mart isn't much better, only they are more expensive. That, coupled with the Martha Stewart connection, their constant "Closing Down" signs which have been up since October, and frankly, K-Mart just sucks.
    Ah, but you haven't actually been IN a Kmart lately? They're completely different now. The whole company is going through a total overhaul. It's a totally new store now. I think perhaps you shouldn't talk bad about things you don't understand. I actually work at the place and believe me, it's completely different now than it was when I started.

    The Martha Stewart thing, what do you have against her? At least she's not Michael Jackson.

    As for the "Closing down" stuff, yes, they did close down a few stores. That was inevitable. But you shouldn't judge a whole company on one damn store. That is all I ask of you.

    You do realize just how Wal-mart can afford such low prices, right?

  17. #17
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Quote Originally Posted by grayejectbutton
    They both suck. Going to Wal-Mart is worse than visiting a flea market. And K-Mart isn't much better, only they are more expensive. That, coupled with the Martha Stewart connection, their constant "Closing Down" signs which have been up since October, and frankly, K-Mart just sucks.
    Ah, but you haven't actually been IN a Kmart lately? They're completely different now. The whole company is going through a total overhaul. It's a totally new store now. I think perhaps you shouldn't talk bad about things you don't understand. I actually work at the place and believe me, it's completely different now than it was when I started.

    The Martha Stewart thing, what do you have against her? At least she's not Michael Jackson.

    As for the "Closing down" stuff, yes, they did close down a few stores. That was inevitable. But you shouldn't judge a whole company on one damn store. That is all I ask of you.

    You do realize just how Wal-mart can afford such low prices, right?
    1) Things I "don't understand"... so only people who work in K-Mart can have an opinion on the store? The last time I went in one was probably 6 weeks ago. Doesn't seem like much time to have a complete overhaul to me.

    2) I don't have anything against her and I fail to see what relevance Michael Jackson has. It has nothing to do with Martha being in jail, I just dislike her products and her patronizing TV shows.

    3) I'm not judging one company on "one damn store". There are a couple of stores near me that have claimed they are closing for months, but that appears to have been a complete lie. Guess they just did it to dump inventory (maybe Atari should have done that before sending a wagon trail out to New Mexico in the mid-80's).

    4) Yes, Wal-Mart pays crap wages and probably takes a loss on some items. Not to mention that most of their stuff is made in China (even worse wages and conditions). But people aren't forced to work there. My point was mainly that K-Mart and Wal-Mart are almost as bad as each other. That being the case, why on earth would I go in the one that costs more?

    P.S. Since you work in K-Mart, your opinion is obviously biased. I don't work in either K-Mart or Wal-Mart and never have done. Not to say my opinion is more valid but it might be a little more objective.

  18. #18
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayejectbutton
    1) Things I "don't understand"... so only people who work in K-Mart can have an opinion on the store? The last time I went in one was probably 6 weeks ago. Doesn't seem like much time to have a complete overhaul to me.
    4 weeks ago is when they started overhauling the stores. A few at a time it's all gonna be different. We got 4 more weeks left on this store.

    2) I don't have anything against her and I fail to see what relevance Michael Jackson has. It has nothing to do with Martha being in jail, I just dislike her products and her patronizing TV shows.
    That's your opinion. I respect that. Of course, not every item is Martha Stewart.

    3) I'm not judging one company on "one damn store". There are a couple of stores near me that have claimed they are closing for months, but that appears to have been a complete lie. Guess they just did it to dump inventory (maybe Atari should have done that before sending a wagon trail out to New Mexico in the mid-80's).
    It's the area you live in.

    4) Yes, Wal-Mart pays crap wages and probably takes a loss on some items. Not to mention that most of their stuff is made in China (even worse wages and conditions). But people aren't forced to work there. My point was mainly that K-Mart and Wal-Mart are almost as bad as each other. That being the case, why on earth would I go in the one that costs more?
    Not to mention bullies companies into selling them goods at lower prices and forces some to only allow items to be sold in Wal-Mart. It's immoral to even shop there!

    P.S. Since you work in K-Mart, your opinion is obviously biased. I don't work in either K-Mart or Wal-Mart and never have done. Not to say my opinion is more valid but it might be a little more objective.
    No problem. I just hate when people bash the company i work for based solely on a small percentage of their stores.

    That's the end of it. I won't reply anymore on the subject. I've said my piece and I'm done. You've been a terrific audience, tip your waitress and can we get back to the actual topic at hand?

    HOW IS THE GAME???

    --Jasoco, K-mart Employee since 6/2/2003 and proud of it

  19. #19
    Pac-Man (Level 10) spoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,413
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Both games are pretty good. I am more fond of TOCA 2. It has tons of cars and different styles of racing to try. The damage is also pretty cool.

  20. #20
    Great Puma (Level 12) Jasoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Is there physical Damage, or is it just mechanical damage, like maybe steering stops working right. Can you actually see what broke? I like that. It makes it more realistic. I don't really race well, so the best I can do is just have fun driving my heart out.

Similar Threads

  1. PS2 DVD Driver Utility Disc (NTSC U/C)
    By Kyle15 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 09:39 PM
  2. Zelda Bonus Disc
    By furor in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-14-2003, 05:33 PM
  3. Bonus Disc
    By jonjandran in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-14-2003, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •