Thread: HELP! I'm stuck on Viewtiful Joe :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HELP! I'm stuck on Viewtiful Joe :(

I know this game is probably old news for most people.
    I had started the game back when it first came out, then recently got back into it.
    I am SO stuck on (I think) Level 6, the one where you have to fight the 5 bosses. I am getting my ass kicked by the firey demon guy where Silvia is. I can't figure out how to beat him! Help?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Memory's a little rusty..

Mach speed is the key. basically mach one of the boulders until joe starts glowing, that'll allow you to get in next to leo without his fireballs toasting you. Mach the rock next to him to replenish your burn, hit him and jump away.

Rinse and repeat

When he gets into spinning, dodge the blows according to where the sculls appear (e.g. duck when skull high). After five sequential dodges he will stop and look dizzy. slow/zoom-punch him 3-4 times and then retreat.

Rinse and repeat.

I think there's a little more filler to it, but they're the essentials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! I'll try it out after I give my thumbs a rest. It just makes me mad that now I have to fight all five of them again, doh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by NvrMore
    Memory's a little rusty..

Mach speed is the key. basically mach one of the boulders until joe starts glowing, that'll allow you to get in next to leo without his fireballs toasting you. Mach the rock next to him to replenish your burn, hit him and jump away.

Rinse and repeat

When he gets into spinning, dodge the blows according to where the sculls appear (e.g. duck when skull high). After five sequential dodges he will stop and look dizzy. slow/zoom-punch him 3-4 times and then retreat.

Rinse and repeat.

I think there's a little more filler to it, but they're the essentials.
    That sounds pretty right there. I haven't played VJ in a while meself, but I distinctly remember beating Fire Leo's ass this way.

A bit of additional info if you're playing on Ultra-V Mode: THIS. IS. HELL. You can't see the warning skulls that indicate where Leo will swipe when he goes into "ballet mode," but that can be remedied if you use your ears proficiently. He gives off a sound when he strikes high, and another, different sound when he's about to attack low. I'm afraid I can't remember what they sounded like... I think one was like a growl, and the other one was somewhat like a hiss.

Anyway, good luck on beating Fire Leo. If you can take care of him, then a certain type of enemy in the last stage should be a piece of cake.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm playing the PS2 version on Sweet, actually *lol*
    This isn't the last level then, eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the game only two weeks ago and I remember that boss being a major ass. I love the game but that boss was like WTF AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!?! Easypeasy after that.

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Remeber that after you catch yourself on fire, you have to keep hitting him until his sheild breaks. THEN you can start hitting him while dodging his high/low attacks. And if you die and continue, you'll start out right at that fight instead of having to go through all the bosses again. I unfortunately did not realize this until around the 9th time I had gone through all the bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chooky
    Remeber that after you catch yourself on fire, you have to keep hitting him until his sheild breaks. THEN you can start hitting him while dodging his high/low attacks. And if you die and continue, you'll start out right at that fight instead of having to go through all the bosses again. I unfortunately did not realize this until around the 9th time I had gone through all the bosses.
    Wait, say that again? How can you start out at that fight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooky
    Wait, say that again? How can you start out at that fight?
    1. I think he means that if you die at Fire Leo, you thankfully do not have to repeat the other four bosses, but if memory serves correctly, if you turn off the game at this point, you'll have to start the boss butch ALL over again, starting from Charlie. GAH!

B. Hehehe... one more level after this one, and it's a doozy. I even found the very first bit of the stage a royal pain in the arse to conquer.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

YAY! It did start back out at Fire Leo
    And I don't know why, but I never saw him get "dizzy." I just used slow mo and kicked the shit out of him while he was playing ballerina.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can't dodge Leo's spin attack in slow motion if you want him to get dizzy--you'll have to do it in real time. It's a pain in the ass, but once you get the timing down you should be able to take him out.

What I would usually do is just keep Joe in a crouching position. That way when an upper skull appears, you don't have to do anything. If a lower skull appears then press UP (don't jump! press UP!) and hold it until his claws pass underneath you and go right back into the crouch when you land. Dodge 5 swipes and he's yours for the taking, baybee. Unleash some slo-mo, zoomed punches on him and get ready for another go 'round.

I was stuck on this dude for awhile. When I beat him I was feeling like I was the MAN and could put a whoopin' on the rest of the game. Sigh. First scene of the next level humbled me right quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, everybody!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yikes! You've already played through the rest of it? Nice work! It must have taken me at least another week or two before I finally won. I still think I was totally lucky when I finally was able to beat the final FINAL boss.

Congrats.