Thread: Late to the party as usual...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Late to the party as usual...

After amassing a small collection of some choice XBox games in the past few months (Otogi, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Toejam & Earl III & Halo 2), I finally managed to get the system.

I admit that I used to be a bit of a hater on the XBox, and still think that it is way too big, but I must say that I am very impressed. The graphics truly are a step up from everything else, and the frontend kills that of the PS2. Otogi is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played, and the demo of Otogi 2 I have is even better. Breathtaking. I am also glad to have a demo of Outrun 2 to mess around with. Sega has recieved some flack for their PS2 efforts, but they seem to love the XBox. Orta is heavenly.

The original controller was way too big, but the Controller S is one of the best controllers I have had the pleasure of using. The analog sticks are perfect, tighter than on the Dual Shock 2. Button placement could be better, but it is leagues beyond my old, retired Sidewinder.

So, I must conclude by saying that I am one happy XBox owner. Now, to see about getting that lighted Jewel kit...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Oui

Welcome to the club! I am not yet a member... I, too, have several X-Box games but no X-Box.

I do have a friend who is perpetually broke and who spent $700+ on an X-Box set-up two years ago, and I've been giving him games for his birthday and Christmas ever since. This holiday will be no different.

I suspect I'll eventually buy it from him. He never plays it, anyway.

Until then, I'll just play with my Dreamcast. I like to think of it as an X-Box-lite. Similar architectures, very PC-like.

Congrats

Cheers

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I just hope you got a XBox with a Philips or Samsung drive.

Indeed, the XBox is now my number one choice of buying a game for if it comes out on more then one console. The graphics and sounds are the best for the three current systems, the controller is my least favorite but still good, XBox Live is WAY better then anything the PS2 can do, and the system is starting to receive some very good support.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Heck, I don't even have an XBox yet. I think I'm going to wait until the local pawn shop has an ample supply of them.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Late to the party as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by klausien
    So, I must conclude by saying that I am one happy XBox owner. Now, to see about getting that lighted Jewel kit...
    First off, Congrats on getting an Xbox, now all you need is Xbox Live.

Secondly, If you do do that you better make sure your Xbox doesn't have a Thompson. Once you open that Xbox up you void your warranty therefor defeating any chance you will get you Xbox fixed for free if that Thompson fails.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was all over the XboX at launch....the original XboX fanboy. I played it so much and bought so much software for it that I burned out on it. I dumped it all. Apart from a few games that have been launched since then, I don't miss it. The system is heavily libraried with FPS and TPS, and they aren't my preferred games, which is partially why I got rid of it. The other reason why I got rid of it was the constant delays in Fable and Sudeki, which were THE two games that I was looking forward to. The hardware itself is phenomenal.

Our son has an XboX in his room......and all he ever plays on it is GTA3, Vice City, Halo and now Halo2. Period.

I still might pick up a crystal one. It comes with Crimson Skies and Fable. I still want to play Fable and Sudeki as well as a few other titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is a Phillips!

I will agree that the XBox library on a whole is rather poor and overloaded with FPS's, but I got mine to play Sega and SNK stuff. I also can't run Doom 3 on my computer. I will probably get Live at some point, opting for the starter set that comes with the excellent Crimson Skies.

I try to stay away from online gaming because it tends to suck your life away. My girlfriend would probably leave me! Not that it isn't a total blast. I put in my time back in my college days with Diablo I & II on PC and PSO on the DC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congratulations, hope you will have fun with the new console. I'm also thinking about buying one because there are games like Fable and Morrowind I'm dying to play! I have to make my mind up about it because first I didn't like the thought of a PC like console. Now I may change my mind. But I'd sure buy one from a second-hand shop.
    http://www.discogs.com/user/Tatsu>My vinyl and CD collection

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For all of you Xbox players, I should point out that Steel Battalion dropped in price last week from $200 to a "mere" $150 (online at EB or Gamestop). That tipped my brother over the edge; he finally gave in to mecha-lust and ordered one.

I know it's expensive, but I still say it's easily worth any three other new games, if you like giant robots with guns.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY