Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admit it; you'll get both....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Admit it; you'll get both....

As i was scrolling down the lists of games for BOTH upcoming portables....
    and then sneezed, looking to my left to my shelves of consoles...
    it hit me in the head.
    I'll wind up getting both. You will, too.
    Well, not all of you. Those who only have 1 of the 2 companies' consoles, are more likely to stick to that company's system.
    Those of you who have both Cube and PS2? I predict you will eventually give up and buy both.
    Maybe not right away; I know i'm waiting for a pricedrop and a package deal.
    but eventually.
    "What you say?"
    "All your money are belong to sony and nintendo. you have no chance to stick to one system, make your time."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

I won't be getting the PSP until the price drops to $150 or less. Can't afford a $250-$300 handheld.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for the right price ..i'll buy them both !! but the psp is a little too high for me for now !
    note just relized the DS has some LCD screen problems
    so i'll just wait until the problem is fixed by nintendo !! probably the same with the psp !!
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eventually, yes, I will have them both. But that's not likely until they start appearing at yard sales. I don't have a GBA either for that reason. If you're saying I'll end up buying them both at retail, no, I will probably never buy either one at retail.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I'll probably end up getting a DS first, but with titles like Makai Wars, Ys, and Tales of Eternia I know an RPG laden PSP is in my future. (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've become less and less of a portable game player over the years. I haven't bought a new GBA game since initial release day. So I will probally end up getting neither one, at least until they come out with some cool limited ed. ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah PSP is a little pricey but maybe by next X-mas it will be $150. That would make it a nice present... for myself.
    Cinnamon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Admit it; you'll get both....
    And what?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Yeah, I've already got a DS, and will get a PSP once we have the 6th or 7th revision with extended 6-hour battery life.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    Yeah, I've already got a DS, and will get a PSP once we have the 6th or 7th revision with extended 6-hour battery life.
    What is this friggin obsession everyone has with batteries?
    *throws battery acid on everyone*

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep. I will. I have the DS already, and although I won't be getting the PSP on release day like I did with the DS, I'll get it eventually. I'm saying I won't get a PSP now, but I know I will eventually. I said the same thing with the Dreamcast and XBox. I have both of them now. But, like others have said, I'll only be getting one when price drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

What is this friggin obsession everyone has with batteries?
    *throws battery acid on everyone*

Battery life, while but one of many aspects, can make or break a console. Remember lugging the Game Gear on field trips and car rides? I don't. I was busy laughing at other kids' six dead AA's rolling around on the floor while I was still rocking Super Mario Land on my Game[/Brick]Boy. Same goes for any item that goes around with people more than it stays at home. Why do you think iPod continually strives to get better battery life for the iPod with each new generation. While it isn't as necessary or useful as a cell phone (some, including myself would argue this), battery life is a must for items you take with you. 3 hours....sorry, that's shitty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Eventually, yes, I will have them both. But that's not likely until they start appearing at yard sales. I don't have a GBA either for that reason. If you're saying I'll end up buying them both at retail, no, I will probably never buy either one at retail.
    Heh.. same for me, though I'm getting the DS as a gift.

And I did in fact find my GBA SP at a yard sale, otherwise, I wouldn't have one of those either.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are only 2 things that will make me get a PSP.

1) That Tengai Makyou game being a remake of Tengai Makyou Daishi no Mokushiroku for Saturn
    2) A port of the PS1 remake of Dragon Quest/Warrior 4

Other than that I can NOT see myself getting a PSP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll be buying both, as well as the Gizmondo and everything else that comes my way... I'll chuck them in the corner along with my GP32, Wonderswan, Game Gears, Lynx's, PC Engine, Nomad, Ngage's, and countless GameBoy's - and all the other crappy handhelds which have come out over the years which I never use...

I must admit, my GBA SP and Ngage are the only ones I tend to use, and I think the PSP will be the one I use more out of that and the DS. I'll buy the Nintendo first party games for it and that will probably be it. But then i'll probably only buy the exclusive PSP games fro that console too...

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    I'll be buying both, as well as the Gizmondo and everything else that comes my way... I'll chuck them in the corner along with my GP32, Wonderswan, Game Gears, Lynx's, PC Engine, Nomad, Ngage's, and countless GameBoy's - and all the other crappy handhelds which have come out over the years which I never use...
    If you've chucked your GP32 in the corner , then maybe you need to pick it back up and try DRMD, Smash GP, and some others.

Oh and I didn't see the Tapwave Zodiac on your list. :P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79
    I won't be getting the PSP until the price drops to $150 or less. Can't afford a $250-$300 handheld. :embarrassed:
    It will most likely launch at $199. The Japanese PSP is going to retail for the US equivalent of $185.

-- Z.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me, really, it's going to depend on the games. If there's eventually killer games for both systems, and I happen to have a couple hundred laying handy, I could see myself eventually getting both.

It's gotta be about the games. I mean, they've seriously got to fucking rock here. This is mostly because I don't travel enough to justify buying one for the "gaming on the go" reason alone. Also, I hate playing lackluster games. And, of course, the cost.

To be honest, I'm not really sold on either one yet. I'm fence-sitting. I'm not waiting for the price drop. If and when it sells me, I'll shell out the $199 or however much less it happens to be at the time on the portable game system. But, being that it's $199... for a portable game system... it's gotta sell me before I'm buying it. I'm not going to shell out 150-200 clams to "try 'er out". But that's me, and I'm a poor bastard. I'm rambling. Anyways, yeah. It's gotta be about the games, and from what I've seen, I won't have to worry about skimping out on the food bill for awhile.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I currently do not own ANY next gen consoles . Only a psone and a old psx that is modded .

I will get both after I find them at the pawn shop.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've already bought a DS (I just have to wait till christmas for it) and yeah, I'm sure I'll eventually buy a PSP as well. Though I'll definitely wait a while for the PSP. Unless of course, something comes out that makes me need a PSP really bad (say something like a Megaman 9, or a Gitaroo-man 2).
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."