Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP NOT REVOLUTIONARY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PSP NOT REVOLUTIONARY

What are your thoughts on these two revolutionary new handhelds? Fanboys square off as Sony goes head-to-head with Nintendo. Everyone's got their own opinion on these systems' present and future... so come on in and share yours!
    I take issue with calling PSP a "revolutionary" handheld. It seems like more of the same to me. I don't know if i would even call the DS "revolutionary" but at least it's not more of the same. Well, at least not completely. I'm getting both. I just don't think labeling the PSP as "revolutionary" is correct. The DS is debatable.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Default Re: PSP NOT REVOLUNTIONARY

Quote Originally Posted by RCM
    What are your thoughts on these two revolutionary new handhelds? Fanboys square off as Sony goes head-to-head with Nintendo. Everyone's got their own opinion on these systems' present and future... so come on in and share yours!
    I take issue with calling PSP a "revolutionary" handheld. It seems like more of the same to me. I don't know if i would even call the DS "revolutionary" but at least it's not more of the same. Well, at least not completely. I'm getting both. I just don't think labeling the PSP as "revolutionary" is correct. The DS is debatable.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM
    A handheld running software that is equivalent to what's on the home consoles of this generation seems revolutionary to me.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You misspelled "revolutionary."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be nice for the PSP bashers to take a vacation from dissing the handheld, until its actually out.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so?
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That I did!

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldRimmer83
    It would be nice for the PSP bashers to take a vacation from dissing the handheld, until its actually out.
    I am pretty sure he didn't bash it, and actually stated he was going to buy one when they come out.

I agree. As impressive this system is graphiclly, its the same as any handheld. We expect graphics to get better, and if they didn't get better it wouldn't sell. It follows an expected pattern in video games. Now the DS sticks out with its touch screen. It changes how we game, and the possibilitys for gaming. Now something like that is revolutionary.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A handheld running software that is equivalent to what's on the home consoles of this generation seems revolutionary to me.
    Not too impressive to me. Turbo Express and Nomad were as powerful as consoles of their generation. I don't call that revolutionary. Also, the PSP is NOT as powerful as the PS2.

That would be nice. Don't confuse me with a PSP basher. I was bashing the description of this forum more than anything else.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There. The "revolutionary" is fixed. Carry on.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look I know the PSP will suck, however I cant understand these Nintendo fanboys when they pay out the PSP for not being revolutaionary.

I mean Sony has elimiated the 2 main problems with handhelds over the years, the small screen and poor graphics, however a lot of people stil arent happy.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I admit I skimmed the post fairly quickly. My bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant understand these Nintendo fanboys when they pay out the PSP for not being revolutaionary.
    What do you mean by "pay out that PSP for not being revolutionary?"

I mean Sony has elimiated the 2 main problems with handhelds over the years, the small screen and poor graphics, however a lot of people stil arent happy.
    I thought the GBA screen size is fine personally. Are you really suggesting that the GBA is incapable of pumping out good graphics? Have you played Astro Boy for the GBA? It's stunning. The DS screens aren't too bad either, same with the graphics. The PSP is far beyond the DS when it comes to 3D though.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Pay out" means to tease or say something bad about someone or something. I guess in easier terms it means to bash/flame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Pay out" means to tease or say something bad about someone or something. I guess in easier terms it means to bash/flame
    Well, in those terms I agree with you. If that was directed towards me than you got it wrong man! Im not a fanboy by any measure. I'm not bashing the PSP for being revolutionary or not. I was bashing the label that Digital Press gave it as being a revolutionary handheld. The PSP is a combination, and in some cases improvement, on things that have already been done on other handhelds. I would hardly call that revolutionary. Not a bash in my case anyway, just the way I see it. Carry On.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey dont worry I wasnt really reffering to you, just a lot of talk on Nintendo forums were Ninty fanboys say PSP will suck coz it doensnt do anything new. I think that is pretty stupid as none of the Gameboys have ever done anything "new".

God I cant belive im defending the PSP

However I think it will suck not because it doenst do anything new compared to the DS, but because its made by Sony. Sony = poor games and hardware

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony = poor games and hardware
    The PS2 is a crappy piece of hardware, but the PS was elegant for its time. It will be interesting to see what the PSP and PS3 will be closer to, The PS or the PS2.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldRimmer83
    I am pretty sure he didn't bash it, and actually stated he was going to buy one when they come out.

I agree. As impressive this system is graphiclly, its the same as any handheld. We expect graphics to get better, and if they didn't get better it wouldn't sell. It follows an expected pattern in video games. Now the DS sticks out with its touch screen. It changes how we game, and the possibilitys for gaming. Now something like that is revolutionary.
    Was the virtual boy "revolutionary" too ?

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to agree with the general consensus here. The PSP doesn't even try to do anything new - except use discs in a handheld (good call Sony!). I will probably get one a year or so after it's release because by then it's bound to have some interesting games but as to revolutionary, nah, can't see it...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: PSP NOT REVOLUNTIONARY

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM
    Game Boy, sure it was Black and White (Greenishy... ) But it pretty much had NES quality graphics. Lets see, I believe NES was still king in 89.

Game Gear, sure it was... ummm EXACTLY THE SAME AS MASTER SYSTEM. Lets see, well MS wasn't on top but I personally feel MS had some better graphics than NES (Wonderboy and Phantasy Star Series especially)

Nomad... Well it WAS a portable Genesis, but it was still a handheld. Lets see, according to many sources Genesis won the 16 bit wars (based on sales at least) and Nomad was a damn fine example of taking modern, 16 bit gaming on the go.

Turbo Express... mmhmm. Lets see, not on top in the US by any means but TG16 was still competition elsewhere in the world and had Great graphics when Express was released.

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By no means is the PSP going to suck...I've already seen a bunch of games I'm interested in, but he does have a point.

PSP = Play games the same way your used to, just on the go.

DS = A new way to play games + the more of the same.

Feel the Magic alone is a reason why the DS is more revolutionary than the PSP. Though I wouldn't use the term revolutionary...maybe just different. (In a good way )