Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloodrayne and Prince of Persia--Separated at Birth?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bloodrayne and Prince of Persia--Separated at Birth?

Go to your local game store. Do it now. Look at the covers of Bloodrayne 2 and Prince of Persia 2. Dark brooding expressions, check. Loads of eyeliner or something, check. Giant arm-mounted blades, check. Will these features be required of all videogame avatars in the future? I mean, I was down with all restaurants being Taco Bell, but I'm not sure how well the look is going to suit Mario.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey

Dark and bleak is the new "it" for video games. Just take a look at where some of the other game franchises have gone. Jak and Daxter has gotten more and more dark as it has progressed.

The only system making 99% of there games happy-go-lucky-shunshine-bright-world is Nintendo. And quite frankly I am getting sick of Nintendo resting on its old franchises. How many different systems can we release remakes of Mario for? I think they should apply for the Guiness Book of World Records for recycling the same game over and over and over again.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9
    The only system making 99% of there games happy-go-lucky-shunshine-bright-world is Nintendo. And quite frankly I am getting sick of Nintendo resting on its old franchises. How many different systems can we release remakes of Mario for? I think they should apply for the Guiness Book of World Records for recycling the same game over and over and over again.
    I swear, I could make a topic about how my cat took a shit on the floor today, and someone would mention how kiddie Nintendo is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey

Hey, even the kiddies need something to do. Sorry to hear about your cat, you might want to get a mop
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TheRedEye that is the best thing ive ever heard in my life lol, and its so true.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Bloodrayne and Prince of Persia--Separated at Birth?

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    Go to your local game store. Do it now. Look at the covers of Bloodrayne 2 and Prince of Persia 2. Dark brooding expressions, check. Loads of eyeliner or something, check. Giant arm-mounted blades, check. Will these features be required of all videogame avatars in the future? I mean, I was down with all restaurants being Taco Bell, but I'm not sure how well the look is going to suit Mario.
    Prince of Persia 2 got its ill-advised Crow makeover because the first game underperformed at retail despite multiple Game of the Year awards. Ubisoft decided the reason was because the game didn't have enough "edge" for mainstream gamers, and so it turned the heroic Prince of the first game into the brooding asshole of the second. We'll see if sales prove Ubi right or wrong.

-- Z.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    Prince of Persia 2 got its ill-advised Crow makeover because the first game underperformed at retail despite multiple Game of the Year awards. Ubisoft decided the reason was because the game didn't have enough "edge" for mainstream gamers, and so it turned the heroic Prince of the first game into the brooding asshole of the second. We'll see if sales prove Ubi right or wrong.

-- Z.
    If it wanted to be more like Bloodrayne I'd surprised they didn't just give him breasts.

God I hate those ads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Sex sells theres no way around it.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Well sure, but come on, those Bloodrayne 2 commercials are just stupid. Sex may sell, but hearing the "narrator" voice-over guy having a damn joygasm everytime I see that commercial is annoying, and frankly over-negates any sex-appeal they may have been trying to convey, to me anyways.

I think the worst one is when she's in a full cloak, you can barely see anything other than her face, and the voice-over is saying something to the effect of "Oooh...ooOOhh GODD.."... come on. What exactly are they trying to accomplish with that? "Why, YES Mr. Creepy-Ass Background Voice, I AGREE! *makes a dead-run for nearest game store, using free hand to purchase game... twice!*"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker M
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Well sure, but come on, those Bloodrayne 2 commercials are just stupid. Sex may sell, but hearing the "narrator" voice-over guy having a damn joygasm everytime I see that commercial is annoying, and frankly over-negates any sex-appeal they may have been trying to convey, to me anyways.

I think the worst one is when she's in a full cloak, you can barely see anything other than her face, and the voice-over is saying something to the effect of "Oooh...ooOOhh GODD.."... come on. What exactly are they trying to accomplish with that? "Why, YES Mr. Creepy-Ass Background Voice, I AGREE! *makes a dead-run for nearest game store, using free hand to purchase game... twice!*"
    Well I've never seen that one, just the mag ads. So I thought she was talking about the tamer mags ads that talk about her assets.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did that cat shit on your kids nintendo? THAT would be a topic....
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are the new games any fun? The first Blood game was boring. The Prince game was ok.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker M

I've never seen those commercials. I saw one Bloodrayne 2 commercial last night and i really don't recall some jerkoff going on like a horny 13 yr old.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel

-- Z.
    I figured you could make sense of it for me. Prince of Persia. Edgy, proactive, loaded with attitude, and "smoldering with generic rage." I would say that this is a silly gambit, but as you point out, the sales will tell.

@ Ubisoft: Perhaps the Prince should be able to set the harem a-rockin', Grand Theft Camel style?

I still want to see Mario with giant blades on his arms.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-12-03
    Is the girl supposed to be the girl form bloodrayne? Why doesn't she have red hair?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, i think she's from PoP.

I'm very dissapointed with all I hear about Warrior Within. I really liked the character of the Prince the way he was. Didn't he even get voted "best new character" (counted as new, since the original prince didn't really have a personality) by somewhere? The last time there was a brooding antihero fad, we got Squall *shudder*.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I'm a lot like Squall, and FF8 is a favorite of mine, so I take personal offence at that.

Anyway, this is another example of 'when good games get ignored'. We've seen it happen all the time, and it happens to a lot of great games a few times each year. Does'nt seem to matter if it's for all the consoles, gets numerous awards, and strong reviews. No one buys it. It's not until years later that the game is realized for being the classic that it is. I can't blame Ubisoft for trying some things differently to help sales.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that comic is funny and true at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    I'm a lot like Squall, and FF8 is a favorite of mine, so I take personal offence at that.

Anyway, this is another example of 'when good games get ignored'. We've seen it happen all the time, and it happens to a lot of great games a few times each year. Does'nt seem to matter if it's for all the consoles, gets numerous awards, and strong reviews. No one buys it. It's not until years later that the game is realized for being the classic that it is. I can't blame Ubisoft for trying some things differently to help sales.
    So what next for Ubisoft, Beyond Evil, instad beyond good and evil?

IMO Prince of Persia didn't sel well becouse there was too many games realeased at the same time. If say they released POP two months ealier I'm shure sells would have been better.