Thread: Hyper Duel for the Saturn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Hyper Duel for the Saturn

Here are some thoughts:

Day 1.

Anyone play this game? I'm currently waiting on it. This was the last "triple digit" Saturn game I wanted, and I succeeded in paying less than triple figures. I saw a BIN for 80 bucks; it took me a while to convince myself to BIN. Because let's face it, 84 bucks is not something to just throw away. But I reminded myself that this game goes for well over 100, so this was my one shot.

A very wise move on my part. ;-)

I'm curious what you thought of the game; worth the dough? No? Why? etc.

Amazingly enough, the BIN auction I won, stayed up for a day and a half, without any Saturn buyers purchasing it. When I came, it had already seen 18 hits. Luckily for me, the BIN required immediate Paypal payment... so that probably saved me. If immediate payment wasn't needed, I probably would have lost out as a lot of buyers don't have paypal.

When I checked the completed auctions of Hyper Duel, I found the same seller offering the same copy for a starting bid of $99.99 and a BIN of $120. Zero bids. Therefore, he relisted it for a $79.99 BIN and luckily I was at the right place at the right time. :-)

Day 2.
    Just played it for half an hour. Saturn version first, then the original arcade version. I must admit at first I was just kind of going through the motions. Boy, it moves fast! I had trouble seeing in the Saturn version as the graphics resembled a bit that of TF V.

But once I hit the arcade version, despite what some may deem "primitive Genesis graphics," I was able to see a lot better, and I got farther than in the Saturn version (level 7).

It was fun. It felt like playing a good Genesis shooter. I'll have to try Saturn version again, but it's nice to know they included both versions... those are the little things that can help make a game an even better package than before.

The changing into the mech is interesting. The bomb system with the bar is interesting... it's different.

Overall first impressions: it seems very good, with both versions offering something for every gamer (same game, upped graphics). I don't know if it's worth 100 plus bucks... I think I'll prefer Battle Garegga over this, but this is definitely no slouch of a shmup. Some pretty cool bosses (both mechanical and "freaky animalistic" types represented here) and some nice color shifting levels.

Definitely a keeper. I'm glad I got this game for under 100, too. I got all the 100+ titles for under 100 The one 100+ title I don't have that I can think of is Stellar Assault, but I have no interest in that game whatsoever. Heard it bites, as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I bought used for US$49 about 3 or 4 years ago, it is not one that everyone raves about like Radiant Silvergun but is unique and therefore worthwhile owning. I do not think I would buy it for over US$100 though.

Cheers

Luke

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try buying it factory sealed. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I'm ever gonna come up with the $250 in extortion fees that I need just to liberate it.

I still haven't sold any of my old EGM's, that would cover all most all of it for me, if someone would see fit to buy them from me, but I guess I want it too damn bad for that to happen, so I seem to be screwed. Poverty sucks.

And let's not get into why I'd rather spend $250 on a new copy when I can get a used copy for no more than $150, it's because I'm insane, that's why. I need to have my head examined and join factory sealed games anonymous.

If only I had something someone wanted that I was willing to part with, but all my old EGM's are it, I'm not turning loose of anything else for this game.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never even heard if the game until now. Sounds great. I just wish it didn't cost so much.